SL68?

Suhr":17krw59a said:
Vanlaing5150":17krw59a said:
I'm pretty sure in another thread, maybe even on another board, John mentioned that the SL68 doesn't come with an effects loop. I get what they are going for, but honestly in this day in age - if I ever get the coin together to do the SL68 I might just beg, borrow and get John some tickets to the sport of his choice with his brew of choice to get an FX loop on that mutha.
I can put a loop in but it really isn't the right amp to do it with unless you wont crank the amp (kind of defeats the reason to have this amp). You really don't want to distort your effects.
Hi Mr Suhr, when you say that it would distort the effects,you meant it wont work the same way, as on other amps with loops,and the end results would be awful?...

Nico":2d6o4sdf said:
This looks like a killer amp!!!

I am afraid of the master volume. I have never tried a single amp with a MV on these circuits that sounds good. Same goes for the effects loop (Which this fortunately doesn't have)

Can the SL68 be ordered without the master volume?

Really? This isn't the master volume they put on fenders in the 70's. Have you ever used a Soldano SLO, Friedman BE100, any Bogner or more appropriately for this thread a PT100? I argue that the PT100 ( Pete Thorn has both) sounds so close that the difference is negligible.

I don't hear it and more importantly, neither does the audience.

mxr2000":3axexvpb said:
Suhr":3axexvpb said:
Vanlaing5150":3axexvpb said:
I'm pretty sure in another thread, maybe even on another board, John mentioned that the SL68 doesn't come with an effects loop. I get what they are going for, but honestly in this day in age - if I ever get the coin together to do the SL68 I might just beg, borrow and get John some tickets to the sport of his choice with his brew of choice to get an FX loop on that mutha.
I can put a loop in but it really isn't the right amp to do it with unless you wont crank the amp (kind of defeats the reason to have this amp). You really don't want to distort your effects.
Hi Mr Suhr, when you say that it would distort the effects,you meant it wont work the same way, as on other amps with loops,and the end results would be awful?...
Hello Mr Suhr I am interested for the anwer for this question because i want to get myself a SL68 and put a Metropoulos Zero Loss loop. A Loop is important for me To use it with a Foxrox paradox tzf pedal that to sound good most be place in a Clean amp or after a overdriven preamp section in a loop.

mxr2000":vzkvqygq said:
mxr2000":vzkvqygq said:
Suhr":vzkvqygq said:
Vanlaing5150":vzkvqygq said:
Hello Mr Suhr I am interested for the anwer for this question because i want to get myself a SL68 and put a Metropoulos Zero Loss loop. A Loop is important for me To use it with a Foxrox paradox tzf pedal that to sound good most be place in a Clean amp or after a overdriven preamp section in a loop.
John hasn’t posted here in years. You’re better of sending him an email or contact him on The Gear Page

John makes amps that sound good to his ear that doesn't mean you're going to like the sl68. If you really want to get the closest thing to the vibrant town of a real one get a germino. Pretty much every other manufacturer that does a clone unless the circuit is dead on like Greg's are, are going to sound a bit dull in comparison. They all kind of dumb it down . And the most important thing is you can't add treble the overall tone of an amplifier unless you do it within the circuit so it's not something that you can add back in somehow externally with those other amps whereas the germino starts at the top and you can always dial it back. Hope that helps

Back