That dude Reza's videos

I've talked about this a few times here, and in defense of Reza and because i understand him, i will say it again.

Reza and I had a relationship. He hid it from his family in fear of being shunned and i get it. But we had a special bond. Good friends and lovers as well. He knew that his family would not approve of him and I having a sexual relationship and he turned on me due to it.

He abruptly ended it and unfortunately it spilled out on a thread here some years back. Ive had animosity towards him and mostly because of that. He's an alright guy, mostly misunderstood.

Reza is still here on the forum and i miss you and really do cherish the time we had. I am sorry.

Baloney Balderdash":bz4ldoac said:
I don't know him, so can't really comment on that, but a person having weird fetishes, as long as it doesn't involve anyone else getting hurt against their will, doesn't really qualifies as evidence for them automatically being lesser human beings or a bad person in any possible way whatsoever in my book.

Stalking other people, or at least doing a serious effort to stick ones nose into their private matters, to find smut on them so they can expose them on public forums does though.

To each their own indeed!

When you find out what kind of fetishes I'm into:
giphy.gif

zuel69":3tbdylvm said:
Monkey Man":3tbdylvm said:
Baloney Balderdash":3tbdylvm said:
... a person having weird fetishes, as long as it doesn't involve anyone else getting hurt against their will doesn't really qualifies as evidence for them automatically being lesser human beings or a bad person in any possible way whatsoever in my book.
Being a libertarian, I have to say you nailed it, bro'. :thumbsup:
Doesn't matter what party side your on, this is truth.
Indeed, bro'.

I felt compelled to say it 'though 'cause it's the core of the libertarian philosophy. The degree to which it's watered down increases the further left you go.

Anyway, just to remain on-topic:
My favourite outfit is high heels and leopard-pattern stockings, leopard-pattern skirt (super-short) & leopard-pattern bra. Slutty makes me feel good. :LOL: :LOL:

On women, that's easy:
One-piece swimsuits, leotards and leggings. :rock:

Speeddemon":1rllhn4a said:
Mailman1971":1rllhn4a said:
My clip can beat up your clip!!!
:LOL: :LOL:
LOL, looks like Blake's clip already's beatin' up his overly bright clip...

:rock:

While this clip might sound good on it's own, I would definitely have make it cut more in a mix. It's just too smooth and pretty in the high mids and treble frequencies. That's just the thing. Almost all good rock guitar tones that work in a mix, sound thin and bright if you isolate them.

guitarnerdswe":32idcx6p said:
Speeddemon":32idcx6p said:
Mailman1971":32idcx6p said:

Will this clip might sound good on it's own, I would definitely have make it cut more in a mix. It's just too smooth and pretty in the high mids and treble frequencies. That's just the thing. Almost all good rock guitar tones that work in a mix, sound thin and bright if you isolate them.
While that may be true, that's not how our buddy Reza is presenting things; with the whole caveat of 'if you don't like the brightness of my clips, remember I pre-mix them to sit better in a full band mix'.
Otherwise he should've done what guys like Ola and Pete Thorn do; play some dry stuff, amp only and then have a whole band-mix surround the same guitar tone.

What he most likely tried to do, IMO, was the following:
-create a sort of be-all-end-all 2C++ clip that shows his superior tweaking/playing/recording skills, in a way to shush all nay-sayers and haters.

What he actually did (still IMO ;) ) was the following:
-create a fairly good, but quite shrill sounding clip, replete with unnecessary & petty attempts to 'showcase' the 'haters'; but in doing so, he was showcasing his own inability to grow emotionally, or rise above the opinions on a forum that he -at least on paper- is no longer a member of, so why care at all? :confused:
0 negative comments on the video makes me think he deleted some and he's basically a self fulfilling 'prophecy' in the works...you know, by re-doing those exact things that the 'haters' were accusing him of in the first place.
Oh well... :loco:

Speeddemon":3fob24ao said:
guitarnerdswe":3fob24ao said:
Speeddemon":3fob24ao said:
Mailman1971":3fob24ao said:

Will this clip might sound good on it's own, I would definitely have make it cut more in a mix. It's just too smooth and pretty in the high mids and treble frequencies. That's just the thing. Almost all good rock guitar tones that work in a mix, sound thin and bright if you isolate them.
While that may be true, that's not how our buddy Reza is presenting things; with the whole caveat of 'if you don't like the brightness of my clips, remember I pre-mix them to sit better in a full band mix'.
Otherwise he should've done what guys like Ola and Pete Thorn do; play some dry stuff, amp only and then have a whole band-mix surround the same guitar tone.

What he most likely tried to do, IMO, was the following:
-create a sort of be-all-end-all 2C++ clip that shows his superior tweaking/playing/recording skills, in a way to shush all nay-sayers and haters.

What he actually did (still IMO ;) ) was the following:
-create a fairly good, but quite shrill sounding clip, replete with unnecessary & petty attempts to 'showcase' the 'haters'; but in doing so, he was showcasing his own inability to grow emotionally, or rise above the opinions on a forum that he -at least on paper- is no longer a member of, so why care at all? :confused:
0 negative comments on the video makes me think he deleted some and he's basically a self fulfilling 'prophecy' in the works...you know, by re-doing those exact things that the 'haters' were accusing him of in the first place.
Oh well... :loco:

I can't comment on Reza as a person. I wasn't here when things went down, and I don't follow him at all :) So I don't know if he does something to his clips or not. The C+ clip sounds pretty raw to me, complete with dust cap sizzle and too much low end due to proximity effect. It would need some basic low and high pass filter, which is like the first thing you do when mixing. That's why I don't think anything has really been done.

His personal antics etc, I'll leave that to somebody else. I'll comment on the quality of his clips, but nothing more. I'm too old and tired for internet drama :D

guitarnerdswe":1ak2bydc said:
I can't comment on Reza as a person. I wasn't here when things went down, and I don't follow him at all :) So I don't know if he does something to his clips or not. The C+ clip sounds pretty raw to me, complete with dust cap sizzle and too much low end due to proximity effect. It would need some basic low and high pass filter, which is like the first thing you do when mixing. That's why I don't think anything has really been done.

His personal antics etc, I'll leave that to somebody else. I'll comment on the quality of his clips, but nothing more. I'm too old and tired for internet drama :D
Well, evenb without knowing anything on the history of him and this forum, didn't it strike you a bit strange that his 'Fun' 2C++ clip had these Rigtalk comments thrown in?
Also, I wasn't suggesting he was doing something to his clips; I just find it a bit brash sounding compared to Blake's way more refined and chunky sounding clips.
I agree with your assessment of sizzle and proximity boom; had he used an EV RE-20 to mic it, almost 0 proximity effect. had he used a Beyer M88 to mic it, way smoother and still phat and raw enough.
My take on this is just that he didn't create some super-duper-kill-the-competition clip under the guise of 'fun' (when it actually comes across as thinly veiled pettiness), since someone else just two weeks earlier, delivered something better.

Speeddemon":2ce7wccj said:
guitarnerdswe":2ce7wccj said:

Well, evenb without knowing anything on the history of him and this forum, didn't it strike you a bit strange that his 'Fun' 2C++ clip had these Rigtalk comments thrown in?
Also, I wasn't suggesting he was doing something to his clips; I just find it a bit brash sounding compared to Blake's way more refined and chunky sounding clips.
I agree with your assessment of sizzle and proximity boom; had he used an EV RE-20 to mic it, almost 0 proximity effect. had he used a Beyer M88 to mic it, way smoother and still phat and raw enough.
My take on this is just that he didn't create some super-duper-kill-the-competition clip under the guise of 'fun' (when it actually comes across as thinly veiled pettiness), since someone else just two weeks earlier, delivered something better.

I literally didn't notice the comments from RT at all my first listen. I pressed play, and then went to another window and just listened to it while I was reading the news or something. Anyway, I saw them after another post alerted me about them. I can't really comment. Nor do I wish to. Not my fight :)

Anyway, I'm a 57 guy through and through. If there is no mixing between mics, I always go for that. Simple highpass and lowpass, and there is a often a really good base tone to work with (unless shit in, shit out applies). I prefer Rezas clip. I'd rather work with that, than the other clip. Speaking from a mixing engineer standpoint that is.

As a guitar player, I don't particularly like Mesa. They can sound awesome when other players use them, I prefer more British sounding amps for myself.

Speeddemon":3a95qlvv said:
Mailman1971":3a95qlvv said:

Fuck yeah. This sounds fucking awesome and wayyyy better than the "hater reel" video....anyone who thinks otherwise is just objectively wrong :LOL: :LOL:

Devin":1jntcxux said:
Speeddemon":1jntcxux said:
Mailman1971":1jntcxux said:

Fuck yeah. This sounds fucking awesome and wayyyy better than the "hater reel" video....anyone who thinks otherwise is just objectively wrong :LOL: :LOL:

Suhr RL, IRs and effects in post vs. micd cab.

Reza always kept his private parts clean for him and I.
We used laugh about that all the time how good he was with self hygene. I miss you ....

Back