Most quiet amp

Vin Diezel":1fgnreh4 said:
nightlight":1fgnreh4 said:
Engls have great master volumes, the Fireball and Savage can even go down to whisper volumes. Diezel VH4 too. If you're into Marshalls, try to snag a JVM of some kind, maybe the Satriani version, those also have a good MV.

The major issue you're going to have with low volume is that tone suffers a bit. Got to have some air moving with speakers like V30s.

However, if you go with a speaker like an EVM12L, you are good to go. Those are able to reproduce tones at low volume as well.

I had a Thiele with an evm12l. Hated it. :D
Greenbacks and v30s I use.

FWIW I don't think the Thiele is a particularly great cab. I had a Mesa standard open-backed 1x12 with their EVM, and it was a monster. Sounded fantastic with everything at any volume. The Thiele WITH that cab was cool, but the Thiele by itself was not very pleasant sounding IMHO. Kinda harsh and nasal.

Any amp I've had that had an fx loop was easy to get low volume tone. Put a clean boost in the loop and control volume from there.

SpiderWars":2psrnx13 said:
Any amp I've had that had an fx loop was easy to get low volume tone. Put a clean boost in the loop and control volume from there.

Yep...or an eq to do the same thing. Works like a champ.

I used to nah. It was a good enough amplifier to start with. Now I decided to try something else. I looked at a site about amplifiers, and my choice fell on the Vox AC15 model. This is a decent tube combination amplifier, the embodiment of this classic since the Beatles. It seems to me that 80 percent use amplifiers of this company, because they have a large assortment and you can find an amplifier for everyone.

Back