NAD: C+ KG

Racerxrated":z0cs4ohh said:
Bxlxaxkxe":z0cs4ohh said:
Appreciate it dudes. Was really not that interested in bringing another C+ into the fold, but the opportunity probably wouldn't have presented itself again in my lifetime.

It's not a simul. In fact, that clip above was in half power. I'm an idiot. Also, deep wasn't pulled. I still like the clip but there's plenty more tones to show.

Found Halebox's non EQ demo on Youtube, but there doesn't seem to be any other clips of this amp around - will fix that over the next few weeks hopefully. This thing is so damn clean.

My tube guy was supposed to come through with 6 Sylvanias for this but hasn't been able to yet. I do have a quad of em leftover from another amp I just sold. Wonder if any particular pair of slots would have more of an effect? Guess I can do some trial and error listening to find out.

I'm an "EQ is a must" person, but I must say, EQ off on this is kinda cool! Way cooler than my DRG. The inherent voicing on this is less boxy and middy. Bigger highs and lows and sounds more saturated as a result. More raw as well. That isn't to say the DRG has taken a backseat. They're both awesome, but definitely different. I like both for sure.
Careful with the Sylvanias...make sure they aren’t too hot. I’ve bought some thinking they will work and they’ve been way too hot to use. The Mesa 415s are picked to fit in range obviously but they are 250 a pair from Mesa, not cheap. But they do add more of a ‘3D’ experience for sure.

Depends on the tubes. I have Sylvania's that match up to Mesa's red rating and are perfectly fine in any simul or EL34 sockets... I ran 6 Sylvaina's in my Mark III++ Coli and it was insane. I also have some quads of Sylvania 6CA7's :D Not for sale :LOL: :LOL:

You could always just add in a bias pot and not be limited.

exo-metal":1cb6jv36 said:
The TADs work as well and I heard it straight from the horses mouth.

Mike loves to tell people to use TAD's or 5881's. :LOL: :LOL: The TADs are okay, the 5881's are just too dark.

I've used plenty of TAD and Preferred Series (same thing) from The Tube Store with great success in my hot Marks, and have taken lots of notes about ratings / bias if you have any questions.

I agree the 415s are the best but it's an expensive habit and IMO you need to know what you're doing with them.

Apparently lately Mike has also been recommending their new (JJ) 445s. Now, the JJ 6L6GC spec sheet talks about a 450pv limit so I'm confused. Maybe they are spec'd different. I have smoked a JJ in a IIC+ @ 490pv.

psychodave":2qh59hx8 said:
Racerxrated":2qh59hx8 said:
Bxlxaxkxe":2qh59hx8 said:
Appreciate it dudes. Was really not that interested in bringing another C+ into the fold, but the opportunity probably wouldn't have presented itself again in my lifetime.

It's not a simul. In fact, that clip above was in half power. I'm an idiot. Also, deep wasn't pulled. I still like the clip but there's plenty more tones to show.

Found Halebox's non EQ demo on Youtube, but there doesn't seem to be any other clips of this amp around - will fix that over the next few weeks hopefully. This thing is so damn clean.

My tube guy was supposed to come through with 6 Sylvanias for this but hasn't been able to yet. I do have a quad of em leftover from another amp I just sold. Wonder if any particular pair of slots would have more of an effect? Guess I can do some trial and error listening to find out.

I'm an "EQ is a must" person, but I must say, EQ off on this is kinda cool! Way cooler than my DRG. The inherent voicing on this is less boxy and middy. Bigger highs and lows and sounds more saturated as a result. More raw as well. That isn't to say the DRG has taken a backseat. They're both awesome, but definitely different. I like both for sure.
Careful with the Sylvanias...make sure they aren’t too hot. I’ve bought some thinking they will work and they’ve been way too hot to use. The Mesa 415s are picked to fit in range obviously but they are 250 a pair from Mesa, not cheap. But they do add more of a ‘3D’ experience for sure.

Depends on the tubes. I have Sylvania's that match up to Mesa's red rating and are perfectly fine in any simul or EL34 sockets... I ran 6 Sylvaina's in my Mark III++ Coli and it was insane. I also have some quads of Sylvania 6CA7's :D Not for sale :LOL: :LOL:

You could always just add in a bias pot and not be limited.
Yep, I do have some Fender labeled Sylvanias that do fall in the 36ma range and are fine. But I bought some Peavey labeled that were way up there, like 65ma. Turned the amp off REAL quick lol. I still have 8 415s, 6 are in the Coli now. I also have a quad of Sylvania 6CA7s but my Coli is not Simul.

Back