Torpedo Captor X as substitute for Cab M

cscotto

I have a Torpedo Captor X and a Cab M. Can I bypass the attenuator from the Captor X and just use the cab sims and other functions? For example, can the attenuated line out from a different attenuator be feed to the Captor X just for cab sim processing, or will the output from the other attenuator pass through the Captor X’s attenuator before cab sim processing? Thanks.

Jason Wilding":3ua2odk1 said:
When set at "Arena", or full power (mini toggle to the top position), the attenuation is bypassed

Right, that is unlike the Captor. So, if I am understanding you correctly, If I flip the attenuation switch to full, I can use the Captor X as a replacement for my Cab M+? I know the features are not exactly the same. To summarize:

1) signal from another attenuator-->Captor X (with attenuation switch on full), Captor X functions just like a Cab M

Thanks!

Well, after hearing back from the help desk and looking at the schematics in the manual, I would not be able to use the Captor X as substitute for the Cab M. As the help desk pointed out and the schematic confirms, the Captor X does not have a line in, so I would not be able take line level output from another attenuator and run it through the Captor X for cab sim processing. While the full switch bypasses the attenuator, it basically just connects input to output, that is speaker in to speaker out.

I am glad I found this out before I sold my Cab M thinking I could use the Captor X as a replacement.

Back