R.I.P. Forum Member "Splatter"

man... Covid freaking sucks. I've known a few people that have got it and one who didnt make it then you still have to deal with people who still think its a hoax. Take care of yourselves guys.

RIP

That is horrible guys. Im really sorry.

I just lost a lifelong friend yesterday due to Cancer. We don't know what is on the other side but we will all be there one day.

Romanianreaper you are a stand up guy and your offer to Chubtone for Splatter's family is an incredible thing to do.

This is awful news. I am very sad to hear this.
RIP Splatter and many condolences and prayers to his family.

Even though most of us only know each other from our interactions here, many of us have been around for years, or decades. Losing one of our own like this is a tough blow to our little corner of the guitar community. Incredibly heartbreaking.

RIP and rock on Splatter. :rock:

Godspeed your soul Tim, all of us we're praying for you to stay with us but God had different plans. May you rest in peace on the other side.

romanianreaper":33opolww said:
Just in case you guys hadn't seen in the COV-19 post, "Splatter" passed away on September 12th, due to complications from COV-19. He had some breathing issues and wasn't sure how it was going to turn out but seemed to be staying positive.

There is a link to his obituary in the COV-19 post. Some forum members were able to do a bit of research based on his address from past transactions, FB posts, etc. and we were able to confirm it was him. I posted something on his obituary page on behalf of his buddies at RT. I wanted his family to know that although we had never met him, he touched our lives. Today I saw something really awesome from one of his posts about his health issues to another member. He said something like "At least I have my guitars, my family, and God". Was a really nice post and I think he was ready for whatever.

That was a nice post in the condolences section Mike. I'm not sure if the family would need or want another guitar but it is a nice gesture for sure, I would think it is early enough for Curt to just refund whatever downpayment he had on it, since his family will be needing money for his funeral costs which are not cheap $2000 or so bucks would really help out. Let me know what you guys want to do with a flower arrangement or a monetary donation to the family.

man this is a painful thing.... Tim was good people. did some pedal swaps with him.
i'd been checking in on the forums to see /hope to see updates and that he'd returned. but, alas, having his name from previous deals, i googled his obit just yesterday... and damn it popped up...very surreal and stingy moment, you-know.

I read the Tribute to...very nicely done Reaper!

RIP Splatter. you were a good dude, and you will be missed.

Very sorry to see this. God Bless, Tim "Splatter"

Praying for peace and comfort for his family.

Damn that sucks, just fucking terrible. Really hate hearing that. The best goes out to his family.

I met him in person once. Good guy. Traded a Spawn amp and cash for an Ibanez Jem. Met behind a Starbucks in Crabapple area of Alpharetta GA (which made for good jokes later on). I invited him over to try my Diezel FL 4x12 at least 2 or 3 times and each time he simply replied “don’t like K100’s”. He had a way with words :)
RIP

Back