Help!! Captor X firmware update issue..

chappie69

Hello there,

I tried updating my Captor X firmware this morning. During the process the installer times out and I receive an error notification saying the firmware was not installed. Now my Captor x continually blinks red. I cannot get back to the torpedo studio software because the Captor says the firmware didn't complete the update. Help!! Any ideas?? I'm at work now.... Is the Captor X bricked??

thanks,

Chappie

Hi Chappie, sorry to read that you had an issue with your unit. Please, drop a note on the help Desk so the developers can take a look on Monday.

Hi @chappie69 - found this post from a google search. I have the same issue as you do, I believe, dropped Two Notes a help desk ticket already, so we'll see how that goes. Did you get your issue resolved? I'm a little miffed because my Captor X is literally a day out of the box at my place and I'm concerned it's bricked. Getting the 533 error, as best I can tell...

Hi guys, Ross from Two notes here and I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your units. I have checked-in with our support team now to put this to the top of their agenda!

Hi @newtmitch - thanks so much! Please bear in mind our support desk is based in France and the office is now closed. I am sure a member of the team will be in touch in the morning though.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know!

Good deal, thanks for the update, @RossJohnDavies. I'm assuming you found my ticket okay but let me know if not and I can get you that ticket number. Also, I'm a super-techie software engineering type guy so totally willing to getting my hands as dirty as I'm allowed. Not sure if that helps or not, but feel free to pass that along to the team. I tried to write up as much detail as I could and include that in the ticket as to what I've already done to try to solve the issue, happy to do whatever I can.

Hey @RossJohnDavies - not to be a pest but I haven't seen anything from the team or any updates on my ticket yet (still in the "Nouveau" status), and I know it's close to end of day over there if not already past. Anything I can do to make sure they have what they need for next steps?

@RossJohnDavies - update on my side. I got in touch with Sweetwater tech support since I purchased the unit there. Max from Sweetwater had me fixed up in five minutes - he basically asked a "standard" support question that I'm actually embarrassed I hadn't thought of myself. I was connecting the Captor X to a USB hub instead of directly to my Mac laptop, and once I connected directly to the laptop, the Remote software immediately recognized the Captor X and loaded new firmware. It appears to be up and working 100% at this point. I made a note and closed my support ticket.

Closing loop here in case anyone from the internet comes in and has a similar situation. If your Captor X firmware update goes badly and you can't seem to load new firmware on it, make sure you're connecting it directly to your computer/laptop and NOT through a USB hub of any sort. Made all the difference for me.

@RossJohnDavies - update on my side. I got in touch with Sweetwater tech support since I purchased the unit there. Max from Sweetwater had me fixed up in five minutes - he basically asked a "standard" support question that I'm actually embarrassed I hadn't thought of myself. I was connecting the Captor X to a USB hub instead of directly to my Mac laptop, and once I connected directly to the laptop, the Remote software immediately recognized the Captor X and loaded new firmware. It appears to be up and working 100% at this point. I made a note and closed my support ticket.

Closing loop here in case anyone from the internet comes in and has a similar situation. If your Captor X firmware update goes badly and you can't seem to load new firmware on it, make sure you're connecting it directly to your computer/laptop and NOT through a USB hub of any sort. Made all the difference for me.

I've heard this before actually, many additional items connected via a USB hub struggle... I found this out the hard way!

Back