Captor X just arrived DOA? (EDIT: Nope it's fine)

Hansel

Hi all,

Just checking I'm not missing anything here before I arrange a return with the seller. Just received the Captor X (16Ohm in case that matters), unboxed it (the seal was broken which did give me pause, but everything inside appears untouched), plugged in the power to the wall, and... nothing. Unsure if it needed a load before it even powered up, I connected my amp and turned it on, but still nothing. I assume once I connect the power to the Captor (with nothing else connected), the iOS app should pick it up regardless? Or there should be some indication of power (the LED inside front grill should turn on)?

I tried connecting it to my laptop as well to see if it would pick it up, but there's nothing.

Just double checking there's anything I should try before I have to send it back? I was really excited to play with it today as well, I'm having terrible luck lately.

Thanks all

EDIT: Had a chat to the seller and it turns out the polarity on the included power supply plug/tip was just backwards. Swapped that around and we're good now :). I'll leave this here just in case anyone else might run into this.

Hello

when connecting the power supply to the Captor X, the white LED turns on to indicate power is on. You see the light through the front grill of the unit.

Thank you for the update about the polarity. Can you please submit a ticket directly to the Two notes at support.two-notes.com, with a photo of the supplied power adapter please? If somthing is wrong with the power supply it needs to be swapped.

Back