I say don't sweat it. Money's an illusion anyway. If you want money, you'll have money. You want gear and sometimes you do pay too much and have regrets but you like gear more than you like money or you wouldn't part with your money for anything, let alone gear.

You did the right thing, now forget about over-paying, that's not important in the grand scheme of life of a gear lover. If you were a money loving loser, you would not be here on this forum. Mmmmmm, gear. I like gear.

I have a tradition of buying some crap to eat.

Having had to live on rabbit food for several decades due to health challenges, even plain fries are a treat for my taste buds, but when I buy something physical gear-wise (not software), I love to celebrate with a burger or some canned tuna & mayo on a bread roll or somethin'.

It "solidifies" the transaction for me, and makes it all-the-more worthwhile. It's the ultimate excuse to eat some crap. :LOL: :LOL:

My girlfriend(at the time)and myself bought first class tickets on Virgin airlines and took a long weekend vacation just to buy a guitar amp. One of the best times of my adult life.

I used to get my trucking company to run me thru Tampa Florida at least once a year so I could attend the Dean guitars DOA party and pickup my custom ordered guitars in person...and drink like a fish with other members.

I have bought countless amps at truck stops or on the side of the interstate,having made the arrangements both online and on the phone from members of forums or off craigslist. Can't even remember all the times I had to sleep with a 4x12 or other speaker cabs and amp heads in my sleeper berth. I left a DOA party in Tampa with a whole Randall X2 Warhead stack(with amp)and 4 guitars in my Freightliner truck.

Every time I did stuff like this i was super excited. Now,not so much. Last time I was excited was when I got a killer deal local from a bro on a dream guitar a year ago. Now I get excited when I don't spend money on gear. It's nice having money in savings at this time.

I've definitely left work early to mess with new gear. Told my boss, I have a really expensive package that got delivered early and I don't want it to on the porch unprotected. Worked just fine.

One time, I also found 2 gibson sg standards for under $500 each on the same day. I didn't have the money to buy both at the time, so I worked out a deal with my local music store who I have a great relationship with, to "buy" my gibson les paul off of me, just to let me buy it back for $50 more the next week after I got paid. This gave me to money to buy both sgs. I kept the one sg for 5 years and sold it a few months ago for $900. The other sg kinda sucked and i got a jcm 900 slx and $500 in trade for it. I sold the slx for $750 a couple months later.

I'd say it worked out ok.

Fordman65":3fo00c84 said:
Monkey Man":3fo00c84 said:
I have a tradition of buying some crap to eat.

Having had to live on rabbit food for several decades due to health challenges, even plain fries are a treat for my taste buds, but when I buy something physical gear-wise (not software), I love to celebrate with a burger or some canned tuna & mayo on a bread roll or somethin'.

It "solidifies" the transaction for me, and makes it all-the-more worthwhile. It's the ultimate excuse to eat some crap. :LOL: :LOL:

Tuna and Mayo on a bread roll sounds fantastic right now. Strange thing for me to crave at 10am, so thanks for that. :LOL: :LOL:
Sorry brother. :LOL: :LOL:

There's an old saying:
"Where the mind goes, the man follows".

You can prove it in a food sense easily:
At 10AM think about burgers (or another food you like) for a minute.
Do the same thing at 11, 12, 1... and by the end of the day, if you haven't eaten the specified morsel, you've done well.

Back