'Q' control for Torpedo EQ

spacefarer35

So with my current setup, ( pedalboard + Torpedo CAB ) I have to very aggressively cut 4.5 to 4.8k ( almost a 12 db cut ) and a bit of 2.7 to 3k in my DAW to get rid of the ugly, digital, brittle fizz.

Works fine when using a DAW, but when I try using the onboard Torpedo custom EQ , setting the final freq.center to 4.6k and cutting by 12 db, a lot of the surrounding frequencies get cut to an extent too. I really don't mind it much as it sounds nice and organic. But in a full band scenario, might like to have some of those surrounding frequencies back. OR not. Haven't really tried my current setup with the band...lockdown's still pretty stiff in my area.

But anyway, any possibility of havin a Q control added to the custom EQ, in future updates? Thanks...cheers!

Nishant

I agree... and a sound engineer friend of mine was using the Cab M software and felt that it was missing the Q control.

guillaume_pille":10o297ar said:
Hi guys, we are considering it.

Yes pleeeaaase!! A low pass filter too if possible. At loud volumes, found low passing helps balancing out my sound a lot. The hi pass on the Torpedo custom EQ is already immensely helpful in countering Fletcher Munson. A Q control and lo pass filter would just be ever so lovely!!

Warm regards and gratitude!

Even a button to check would work. I am a Captor X user and find myself spending a lot of time reducing the ear piercing brightness with a graphic EQ on my track. I believe the Suhr RLIR has a hardware switch that does this very thing.

True. The tones I get at home through my monitors, and at reasonably loud volumes are a dream come true. Both isolated and in a mix. Its at gigging volumes, through those tweeters on the PA, that the highs get ear piercing for me. Find myself spending a lot of time figuring out the perfect EQ soulution.

A broad hi cut on everything beyond 4k and notches at a couple of places helps a lot. Although, I have been trying the 'Knightfall' placed far away from one of the 1X12 virtual cabinets available on my CAB. Couple of small tweaks to the low end, and I have been getting some satisfying results through the PA at gigging volumes.

Guys, the last band is a shelf, if you need to lower the highs by more than 20dBs maybe something else is wrong. ;)

but I understand the request for a full parametric EQ. It's hard to keep the unit simple to use and at the same time give options that most guitarist won't be able to manipulate properly. that's the challenge.

Hey Guillaume. So the last EQ band is always a shelf? In all 3 modes? (Guitar, Bass, Custom )

I remember having forwarded a similar query a year and a half ago, where I had set the final freq. center on the Torpedo custom EQ at 3.5hz and dropped it. I had asked whether that would attenuate all frequencies above 3.5khz as well, to which I received the following reply:

"As for the eq, the 3.5 khz is not a shelf eq. It does not cut all highs. It is a bell that cuts 3.5khz and the further
you go in lowering the gain the more it takes out surrounding frequencies"

Was always confused about that final band :doh:

Thanks!

Back