Diezel User Gallery

I mean, the SE is a wonderfull amp. Only if you consider the huge amount of switching options, it is the perfect amp.
But it´s an engl :aww: . I know how he sounds. The el34 and the 6L6 models. No doubt, they sound fine, but i think they are not so good f.e. for metal as herbie is. Not only for metal. There is s.th. missing. They don´t sound organic to me.
Don´t know how to explain......but it´s like: They sound too german for me. Sterile, clean, with no edges, like an ironed shirt :LOL: :LOL: .

I had the choice between herbie and the roadster. A very, very good amp. The best mesa ever. (for me) But Herbie is more my tone. Ok, :worship: Richie playes(played?) some...but thats not the only reason for my choice.

I love the Engls, I've tested all models except the SE and the Savage 120 Special Edition (that's not the same). I've owned a Savage 120 during 6 years and it brings me all satisfactions, but I've changed to the old Savage 60 with EL34 (not produced since years). That one rocks ! The best crunch they've ever made, very dynamic and "raw"... Very close to the VH-4 finally. You can obtain a good compromise between the ch2 and the ch3 of the VH-4 (in therms of dynamic and heavy rythm). The Savage's mediums pass very easily thru the mix and can offer a very big sound in a band.
You've to play it like an old mono-canal amp, it has just a second channel : the lead, more compressed and less organic than the crunch. I guess the Savage 60 should not be well known in the US...
But the VH-4 has a richer sound spectrum and a little more dynamics on channel 2 and a maybe more organic sound... in french we have a word who designed that notion : "le grain".

When I play the two amps together, I obtain an amazing "wall of sound", theu're very complementary !

i sold all of those amps and thats just a old pic, im gonna take a new pic of my current amps which is the herbert i just got, a mesa roadtser and a engl se. i had a vh4 and didnt like it and ive owned 3 uberschalls. :)

I can't believe you sold Bogners, VHT, Diezel, yet you kept the Mesa! :gethim:

:rock:

i sold those before i had the mesa, but i do plan on buying another xtc 101b with metal grill and a vht ul next year. some of those amps were also sold for some guitars i really wanted also. i do not need 6 heads anyway so i downsized to my favs. if i get a vht ul and xtc i will sell the roadster and try and limit myself to 4 amps at the very most.

i dont like to demo in a store so i buy the amps i wanna try used most of the time or thru my hookups for really nice deals and if i dont like it i sell it, last year i had a amp list and i kept trying different amps until i had zero amp gas, then i started to keep the ones i liked and rebuild my amp rig, i always liked the engl se, i like the roadtser when boosted, and the one i never liked last year was the herbert but i decided to give it another chance and its really grew on me and im happy i bought it. i like to really be able to use my own guitars,cabs and my own element to make my judgements on amps, my amps i used to like to gig with were the splawns, 5150 III and uberschall and right now i like all 3 of my amps i have better than any of those i just mentioned, if i dont love it i wont keep it. i kinda miss my slo 100,cobra, slash 2555sl.

Bato":ffdf6 said:
He own´s an Engl..... :banhim:

:gethim:

FullRig10-28-07.jpg

This is a cool pic though I don't own the Einstein anymore.

DiezelRig.jpg

i dont like to demo in a store so i buy the amps i wanna try used most of the time or thru my hookups for really nice deals and if i dont like it i sell it

I know what you're saying, I never get to feel the amp demoing it in a store. I demoed Ubeschall & I was totally disappointed, then I gave it another chance I bought one used & I LOVE the damn thing.

zao":4a88b said:
heres a old pic of my rig from last year
newrigpicsandroom004.jpg

heres a more current pic
amproom001.jpg

maaaan, ive just checked out your photobucket-album, this is unbelievable. what the fuck is your job??? how are you earning that much money? your equipment is awesome!

Your too man, oh wait... THEY'RE THE SAME, HOW IRONIC.

:LOL: :LOL:

That Blackmachine though... :rock:

By the way, you having 2 2x12s - what's the biggest difference in sound in 2x12s to 4x12s that you've found?

Sam Laming":36095 said:
By the way, you having 2 2x12s - what's the biggest difference in sound in 2x12s to 4x12s that you've found?

2x12" cabinets are not so "woofy". Also I really do not need the sound pressure of two 4x12" cabinets and because I want to have both, a front loaded cab (= VHT with P50E) and a rear loaded cab (= Rivera with V30) there is not that much options. One might argue that a single 2x12" cabinet's sound alone is not "physical enough" and thus prefer 4x12" cabs. However, when close micing the speaker I would say that hardly none can recognize whether it is 2x12" or 4x12" or 6x12".

I might purchase a Diezel 4x12" and/or 2x12", but haven't had a change to play them yet. Still, I am somewhat recessive that there is that much difference between i.e. the Diezel 2x12" and the Rivera 2x12" both rear loaded with V30s.

i.ak":52c6e said:
Sam Laming":52c6e said:

2x12" cabinets are not so "woofy". Also I really do not need the sound pressure of two 4x12" cabinets and because I want to have both, a front loaded cab (= VHT with P50E) and a rear loaded cab (= Rivera with V30) there is not that much options. One might argue that a single 2x12" cabinet's sound alone is not "physical enough" and thus prefer 4x12" cabs. However, when close micing the speaker I would say that hardly none can recognize whether it is 2x12" or 4x12" or 6x12".

I might purchase a Diezel 4x12" and/or 2x12", but haven't had a change to play them yet. Still, I am somewhat recessive that there is that much difference between i.e. the Diezel 2x12" and the Rivera 2x12" both rear loaded with V30s.

I see, thanks alot :thumbsup: I think I'm going to stay with my single 4x12, if I had the money I might get another for the 'look' gigging but I'm very happy.

flownomis":9685c said:
zao":9685c said:
heres a old pic of my rig from last year
newrigpicsandroom004.jpg

heres a more current pic
amproom001.jpg

maaaan, ive just checked out your photobucket-album, this is unbelievable. what the fuck is your job??? how are you earning that much money? your equipment is awesome!
thanks man!!!

I like the red walls!
thanks!!!!! :)

:thumbsup:
Man, all your guy`s rigs are exceptional! Incredible really! I have to give special props to ENDITOL though: Fairly simple, only the best of the best and very clean and tidy -> extraordinary job!

Back