Free G-Major Patch Editor software - Windows/Mac/Linux

Hello, I downloaded GLydian version 1.4 and i'm tryin' to run g-major 1.27 from it.

I wanted to save all my user patches for backup, so I tried the "add user patches to the patch library" option.
First of all, Glydian doesn't recognize all my patches (only the first 30 in the "open patch" menu... when i have around 60!)

Then, when I want to make a backup by the command "save patch library to sysex..." a save as window opens, but when i type in a filename and save, the file's not saved anywhere. I've tried another filename, to put an extension .syx, changing directory... but nothing works.

I think i'm doing something wrong.

I've tried in windows editor and in the java one. Neither one of them works.

Hi everyone,
I came back to this forum after about one year, lots of things changed.
Thanks abelet for waking me up ( when the september ended).
I loaded my working version of the GLydian today.
This is the latest version I was using for last few months, but never get test in Windows, so I call it Release Candidate :) And it is only the pure Java version.
NOTE: Now this site does not allow me to upload the file with .jar extention so I appended .zip also to the file name.So once you download this just remove the .zip part from name before anything lese. Do not open it with unzip programs.

Ask you questions about GLydian and G-Major to keep this thread alive, since it is not a sticky now :cry:

GLydian

Hi,

I have a problem with Glydian like jimosity - Glydian keeps the ms - midi mapper as midi out device - I cannot change it to usb - midi out. I can´read the patches from G-Major, but cannot edit them or send a patch. I'm using an Alesis IO2 as interface.

What do I do wrong?

GLydian":30gh1vio said:
Hi everyone,
I came back to this forum after about one year, lots of things changed.
Thanks abelet for waking me up ( when the september ended).
I loaded my working version of the GLydian today.
This is the latest version I was using for last few months, but never get test in Windows, so I call it Release Candidate :) And it is only the pure Java version.

GLydian

I'm a Linux user, and it gets a null-pointer reference every time I try to run it. I know nothing about java, so please be gentle. The commands I've used are:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java -jar GLydian1.4.2_CR.jar
and
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/bin/java -jar GLydian1.4.2_CR.jar

The error output of those commands is:

""""""""""""""
RACK_MAIN_DISPLAY_HEIGHT_WIDE_FORMAT=170
Can't find properties file. Using defaults.
GmMidiManager instanceCount1
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.swing.Spring$WidthSpring.getMinimumValue(Spring.java:331)
at javax.swing.Spring$CompoundSpring.getMinimumValue(Spring.java:433)
at java.awt.Container.validate(Container.java:1491)
at java.awt.Window.pack(Window.java:679)
at GLydian.main(GLydian.java:49)
"""""""""""""""

I simiply love GLydian, so any help is appreciated. If i need a special java, please let me know (Ubuntu Hardy here).

thanks!

edfardos

(PS GLydian 1.2 works fine withe java1.5.0 command line above)

Hey, I'm curious, for the Tap Tempo function in Glydian, is it possible to view it as BPM so I dont have to bust out the calculator?

It's been a year - is this still being maintained?

I'm still unable to run the latest GLydians. The last GLydian to work was GLydian_Ver1.2_PureJava. The newer versions error out per my previous post. I'm using java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.15 and java-6-sun-1.6.0.06 which both yield the same result.

Am I missing something silly? I know very little about java, do I need a different version?

curiously,

-edfardos

Thanks for the software, I haven't really tried it yet because I'm still new to the G Major. Can you edit the global settings and MIDI with the software?

It's been a couple years since my last bump after a year :). Anyone have this working on Linux? Can any java experts decipher the error in my last post?

thanks,
-edfardos

abelet":3jr1gj3u said:
Hello, I downloaded GLydian version 1.4 and i'm tryin' to run g-major 1.27 from it.

I wanted to save all my user patches for backup, so I tried the "add user patches to the patch library" option.
First of all, Glydian doesn't recognize all my patches (only the first 30 in the "open patch" menu... when i have around 60!)

Then, when I want to make a backup by the command "save patch library to sysex..." a save as window opens, but when i type in a filename and save, the file's not saved anywhere. I've tried another filename, to put an extension .syx, changing directory... but nothing works.

I think i'm doing something wrong.

I've tried in windows editor and in the java one. Neither one of them works.

Same here - I was giving the G-Major one more chance with PC directed software and it is just not working. I'm very disappointed that these latest rack units are so difficult to program and use - I'm trying to make music not be a MIDI programme.r. The G-major + Behringr pedal = PIA.

I'm out - for sale G-major

Bump from the dead...

I recently picked up an older G-Major. Using my Macbook with Snow Leopard, I had to go into boot camp in order to update my firmware. After using 3-4 different devices, only my oldest interface (m-audio radium 61) would work!

Now I'm trying to get G-Lydian working on my computer, I've downloaded all the different versions on this thread but every time I try to send/receive data G-lydian locks up. I'm using my Eleven Rack as the MIDI interface since it's the only one I have with both MIDI in and out. I've been trying to track down Mandolane for a couple days now but the website is gone and no mirrors seem to function.

Does anyone know if Mandolane is still needed on Snow Leopard, and if anyone has it could you please upload it onto here, or maybe rapidshare? If I could edit from my computer it would be an incredible time saver, as one of my concentric pots is missing both knobs. Thanks in advance guys!

Mandolane does not work any more it seems, but the Mac OS X java or the oracle java does not seem to implement proper MIDI capability too. So right now only solution seems to be using MMJ library ( http://www.humatic.de/htools/mmj.htm ) and that seem to work perfectly at least mountain lion for me. Nice thing is mmj is a free utility.
What I did was uninstalled Mandolane by deleting Mandolane stuff from /Library/java/Extentions folder
and then copying the MMJ stuff (mmj.jar and libmmj.jnilib files) on to /Library/java/Extentions .

Hello there.
Not sure anyone ever reads this, but nevertheless )

Mandoline is long obsolete. I'm running OSX Yosemite, and found another solution to make java work with external MIDI devices, MMJ.
Here it goes http://www.humatic.de/htools/mmj.htm
At least GLydian finally could get current patch from GMajor.
Hope I just saved couple of days of trial and error for someone )

Hi there,

I know this thread is 13 years old :) But I am looking for a way to control my GMajor by my Mac OS Mojave.

I tried running GLydian, it starts fine, but when I want to receive/send I get the following output on console:
Code:
>>>> GET PATCH: FACTORY NUMBER: 0
Received 
null

It seems like it doesn't find the midi adapter. I know we should use Mandoline, but it is no longer available, so I found this one here and used it: https://github.com/DerekCook/CoreMidi4J
But it still doesn't work. Any idea?

As I am also a developer, I would be really interested in the code. I don't know if it is Open Source? Do you host it on Github maybe? If not, would you be willing to publish it there? Would be really awesome, maybe I can also contribute!

Back