Anyone want to be a part of the PUP shootout?

Core9":1d9fieto said:
aeroic":1d9fieto said:
I know a lot of ppl here don't like EMG's...but I think for sanity's sake...you should wire up a EMG 81, 85, 81X, and 85X in the bridge of that LP and see how she rips!

I'd like to hear how the EMG's stand up next to the Suhrs...WCR's...MCP's...and how the 81 and 81x sound compared to each other...and the 85 / 85x sound compared to each on the bridge pickups!
++++1,000,000,000,000,000,000 YES YES YES

Will this be a bridge only test, or in the neck position also???

Bridge only.

swimrunner":3103un4o said:
Very, very, very intriguing. I'm looking to maybe put new pickups in my PRS Custom 24 (medium-high gain output) - this is just what I need to help pick! Can you try to track down a set of WCR Shredders? I hear those are rare, but extremely versatile.
In all seriousness, I put the EMG 81/85 pups in my Custom 24 and it's incredible. You should try them. :thumbsup:

I'd love to hear My WB UV-20 proto up against those.. not sure i can spare it.. i think i own only one bridge pick up at this point.

I'd like to add, can you try them with diffrent value pots as well?

250? 500? and 1 meg?

hot buckers get real rude at 250...

dstroud":3nwdi5bv said:
James Lugo":3nwdi5bv said:
We need as Rio Grande BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Hey James, I can bring one - but it is f-spaced. Let me know if you want to check it out.

How far off are they with F spacing? Will it give good representation of the pickups tone and output? If so, hell yeah bring it!

dstroud":39ko7d86 said:
James Lugo":39ko7d86 said:

Hey James, I can bring one - but it is f-spaced. Let me know if you want to check it out.

I have a regular one I am selling, no one has bit yet, so I can send it if you want.

James Lugo":3inh159j said:
dstroud":3inh159j said:
James Lugo":3inh159j said:

How far off are they with F spacing? Will it give good representation of the pickups tone and output? If so, hell yeah bring it!

It should be pretty close - I'll bring it and we can use it if you don't have a regular spaced one on hand.

blackba":1omxmd2o said:
dstroud":1omxmd2o said:
James Lugo":1omxmd2o said:

I have a regular one I am selling, no one has bit yet, so I can send it if you want.

That would be awesome, a few people have emailed me wanting to see if we can get a BBQ in the mix. I think this is gonna be killer, it'll be a great resource for people to get an idea of how these pickups sound in the same guitar, through the same amp, on the same songs on the same day. No BS! It's gonna be killer.

Also just got a:
Motor City - Solutions
ThroBak SLE-101 Plus ltd

James Lugo":35azlav1 said:
blackba":35azlav1 said:
dstroud":35azlav1 said:
James Lugo":35azlav1 said:

That would be awesome, a few people have emailed me wanting to see if we can get a BBQ in the mix. I think this is gonna be killer, it'll be a great resource for people to get an idea of how these pickups sound in the same guitar, through the same amp, on the same songs on the same day. No BS! It's gonna be killer.

Also just got a:
Motor City - Solutions
ThroBak SLE-101 Plus ltd

Wish I had a 81 and 85 extra to send you :(

aeroic":1eem5trn said:
James Lugo":1eem5trn said:
blackba":1eem5trn said:
dstroud":1eem5trn said:
James Lugo":1eem5trn said:

Also just got a:
Motor City - Solutions
ThroBak SLE-101 Plus ltd

I'm working on an EMG!

It would be awesome to grab a WB Firewater and Habanero as well. I'll forward this to the good folks at WB. P.S. God bless you for doing this!!! There are so many great winders out there today. Really looking forward to hearing the clips!!! :rock: :rock:

bartmcartman":f9iff6la said:
It would be awesome to grab a WB Firewater and Habanero as well. I'll forward this to the good folks at WB. P.S. God bless you for doing this!!! There are so many great winders out there today. Really looking forward to hearing the clips!!! :rock: :rock:

That would be great. If we were shooting out mics, mic pres, compressor, eq's etc... I know everyone in that world but the boutique guitar thing is kind of new for me so I don't know all the manufacturers.

James Lugo":24fk967x said:
aeroic":24fk967x said:
blackba":24fk967x said:
dstroud":24fk967x said:

Also just got a:
Motor City - Solutions
ThroBak SLE-101 Plus ltd

I'm working on an EMG!

I got an 81 lying around with the pots, jack and all that stuff - I can bring that one too.

Back