Egnater Clip Collective

chode7":1vx7y3le said:
Half ass one take EG5 start-the-lawn-mower-circle-pit riff. No post production wizardry just guitar-amp-speakers. The 5 CAN do metal.

That does sound great. The EG5 can sound close to my MHG. What were your settings? Sounds like the treble was definitely dialed back.

aeroic":3lvu623b said:
ruso":3lvu623b said:
heres a clip of a song i'm in the process of writing today. its just the EG5 channel A and B (single tracked guitar is CHannel A, dual tracked heavier sounds are channel B).

(be nice as its just a song idea...and it is very rough recording so please excuse the mistakes in performances!!)

Eric

Love it! Is that a real kit you are playing? :rock:

What do you think ? ;)

hehehehehe. its a Roland V-Drum Kit.....TD-10 with the cymbal expansion. The kit that I have set on the TD-10 has taken me about a year to finally get to sound that big. The whole mix of the song is very very small. 4 guitar tracks, one bass track, and two takes at the drums. That's it. No overdubs.

Eric

Can those Roland V Drums be had fairly cheap? I don't have much extra cash to spare. Maybe if I was independently wealthy. ;)

richedie":3u1sdfgn said:
aeroic":3u1sdfgn said:
ruso":3u1sdfgn said:
heres a clip of a song i'm in the process of writing today. its just the EG5 channel A and B (single tracked guitar is CHannel A, dual tracked heavier sounds are channel B).

(be nice as its just a song idea...and it is very rough recording so please excuse the mistakes in performances!!)

Eric

Love it! Is that a real kit you are playing? :rock:

What do you think ? ;)

hehehehehe. its a Roland V-Drum Kit.....TD-10 with the cymbal expansion. The kit that I have set on the TD-10 has taken me about a year to finally get to sound that big. The whole mix of the song is very very small. 4 guitar tracks, one bass track, and two takes at the drums. That's it. No overdubs.

Eric

Can those Roland V Drums be had fairly cheap? I don't have much extra cash to spare. Maybe if I was independently wealthy. ;)

Not really. Expect to spend 1000-1500 on a decent kit. More for a really good kit. I have a friend who has been thinking of selling his kit...TD8 brain....mesh heads..etc. for around $1200-1300.

ERic

bscfo1":dstvx4fr said:
chode7":dstvx4fr said:
Half ass one take EG5 start-the-lawn-mower-circle-pit riff. No post production wizardry just guitar-amp-speakers. The 5 CAN do metal.

That does sound great. The EG5 can sound close to my MHG. What were your settings? Sounds like the treble was definitely dialed back.

Oh yeah the treble was at like 9 o' clock. Bass Boost was at 2 and the bass and mids were at about 3 o' clock. Gain around 10 o'clock, module master around 3-4 o' clock. Preamp master was at noon. Power amp channels at about 5 each. Sorry I didn't respond sooner I've been really busy. Thanks for listening! :thumbsup:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=960979

Well, here is my first clip to add to the collective. The clip is a song I've been working on called "Tell Me."
Right now it's guitars w/ just a backing drum loop. I'm a rookie mixer and the tracks are raw, so it is what it is.
There are some mistakes, especially the ending, but oh well--it's not final. :)

Rhythm guitars: VX B channel (10 o'clock gain)
Lead Solo: EG5 A channel (Noon on gain)

EG5 solo clip is around 2:55 into the song.

Marvcus,

Sounds really good, the VX has a nice clarity to it, perfect to hear all of those open strings and octaves you use on this. I don't hear a lot of people using the EG5 for leads, but you've got a good tone here. It definitely cuts and the open string pull offs are easily heard. Good job.

marvcus":lmajefdd said:
Rhythm guitars: VX B channel (10 o'clock gain)
Lead Solo: EG5 A channel (Noon on gain)

Very nice. I generally keep my gain settings pretty low. You're making me miss my VX. I just put an NOS GE 5751 in V1 too. My TBR5 has been in the shop for 2 weeks! :doh: :doh: :doh:

First recording with my Rebel. Set at about 5 watts, on the 6V6s, low gain, master up... going for that low-watt weed kinda thing. Barber Tone Press, a touch of clean boost. Strat-style guitar, amp plugged into an open back cab loaded with an Eminence Red Fang 12".

This clip is © 2009 Gravity Music/Jim Bordner (ASCAP), all rights reserved.

http://www.gravitymusic.com/audio/BluesUnderPressure.mp3

I'm new here, so be kind. :)

PS: My Rebel has a NOS JAN/Phillips 5751 in V1 to lower the gain a bit... I like it.

Gravity Jim":2fviudqk said:
First recording with my Rebel. Set at about 5 watts, on the 6V6s, low gain, master up... going for that low-watt weed kinda thing. Barber Tone Press, a touch of clean boost. Strat-style guitar, amp plugged into an open back cab loaded with an Eminence Red Fang 12".

This clip is © 2009 Gravity Music/Jim Bordner (ASCAP), all rights reserved.

http://www.gravitymusic.com/audio/BluesUnderPressure.mp3

I'm new here, so be kind. :)

PS: My Rebel has a NOS JAN/Phillips 5751 in V1 to lower the gain a bit... I like it.

Sounds great!

Hey, thanks, Jeff! You might remember me calling about installing the 5751's.... it worked a treat, and the amp is very, very versatile now.

I'm telling everybody I know.

Gravity Jim":395sgsnd said:
Hey, thanks, Jeff! You might remember me calling about installing the 5751's.... it worked a treat, and the amp is very, very versatile now.

I'm telling everybody I know.
I do and great that it worked to your taste!

Gravity Jim":27sw3o18 said:
In fact, an on-line friend of mine and I have been busting chops at Fender's official site, telling everybody who is unhappy with their Hot Rod Deluxe's to go buy a Rebel.
:LOL: :LOL:

Fender's been an easy target lately with the HRD series. ;)

Back