Your Diezel Vid

Krisztian,

VERY pro playing... Awesome work. Best regards to you and yours regarding your recent loss.

V.

Krisztian,
Just watched your vid again. Perhaps you could help me out. How do I even begin to start understanding scales, modes and their uses in soloing? I have fast fingers but they are trapped in a world outside theory which I really want to improve. If you can suggest anythings for me to check out or let me know how you got to your level I would really appreciate it. This goes for anyone who could offer some advice.
Peace.

Jonny333":3bczxcd8 said:
Krisztian,
Just watched your vid again. Perhaps you could help me out. How do I even begin to start understanding scales, modes and their uses in soloing? I have fast fingers but they are trapped in a world outside theory which I really want to improve. If you can suggest anythings for me to check out or let me know how you got to your level I would really appreciate it. This goes for anyone who could offer some advice.
Peace.

It's not easy to tell, but it would be If I could show you personally..
You need to learn only 5 scale shapes regarding the modes, and you will know everything about it, I mean you can use them, and you can play on the whole neck, not only some directions as the most player do.

(the numbers are your fingers, 1 : index, 2: middle, etc. )

C lydian is the same as B phrygian, just the first note is C, not B.
F# locrian is the same as E minor, just the first note is F#, not E.

1st is G-major:

.................3rd fret

/------|--1---|---2--|------|--4---|
|------|------|---2--|------|--4---|
|------|--1---|------|--3---|--4---|
|------|--1---|------|--3---|--4---|
|------|--1---|---2--|------|--4---|
\------|------|---2--|------|--4---|

2nd is A-dorian:

...............5th fret

------|------|---1--|------|--3---|--4---|
------|------|---1--|------|--3---|--4---|
------|--1---|---2--|------|--4---|------|
------|--1---|---2--|------|--4---|------|
---1--|------|---2--|------|--4---|------|
------|------|---2--|------|--4---|------|

3rd is B-phrygian:

.........7th fret

------|--1---|--2---|------|--4---|
------|--1---|------|--3---|------|
------|--1---|------|--3---|--4---|
------|--1---|------|--3---|--4---|

4th is D-mixolydian:

........10th fret

------|--1---|------|--2---|------|--4---|
------|--1---|------|--3---|--4---|------|
-1----|------|--3---|--4---|------|------|
-1----|--2---|------|--4---|------|------|
-1----|--2---|------|--4---|------|------|
------|--2---|------|--4---|------|------|

5th is E-minor:

12th fret

-1----|------|--3---|--4---|------|
-1----|--2---|------|--4---|------|
-1----|------|--3---|------|------|
-1----|------|--2---|------|--4---|

If you learn these shapes, on every directions, you can play on the whole neck in every key!

Let's say, we are in G major, you can play also A-dorian, B-phrygian, C-lydian, D-mixolydian, E-minor, F#locrian shapes, and you covered the whole neck. ( after the octave everything is the same )

If the key changing, the whole system move up or down.
Let's say, we are in A major: you can play B-dorian, D-phrygian shapes as well, etc-etc, so you just have to slide these shapes up.

So, I use these shapes for improvising.

Another cool thing is, if somebody play only one note, it doesn't matter which one, and you start to play these shapes from that note, you will hear very different feelings. My personal favourite is the lydian mode, it's so nice :)

Try it: play a neverending note (only one note!) with guitar pro, or anything else, let's say C, and start to play these shapes from C.

First C-major, after C-dorian, C-prhygian, C-lydian, C-mixolydian, C-minor, C- locrian, and you will get totally different feelings!
And you can improvise on the whole neck with the system's slide. If you play C-major, you will know that the next shape will be D-dorian, E-phrygian, etc-etc.
If you start to play C-dorian, you will know that the next shape is D-phrygian, F-mixolydian, etc-etc.

I hope that It could help you a little bit ;-)

Thanks so much man!
I'm having a really hectic week but will get onto that asap! Really appreciate your help and will probably be back with a few questions soon! :LOL: :LOL:

Haha, just finished work for the day so had a quick go at learning all the shapes. I know them off by heart now... for now... haha, so had a quick go over this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYXE84rPC1M
Sounded great, so nice to free my fingers up, they even started to shred a little in the close-to-familiar sections :LOL: :LOL:
Just wanted to say thanks so much for your time and i'll keep working on it tomorrow... and the next day...etc :thumbsup:
Peace.

Oh man Kirk Hammet...!

Don´t get me wrong, i like him a lot and he is an outstanding guitarplayer but sometimes his live performance for :cry: !
I mean this is Metallica! It´s his fucking job to play this songs. :confused:

GO KRISZTIAN! GO KRISZTIAN! Very nice stuff dude... love the legato-lick in the first vid @ 0:31 Great Tone as always, phrasing... amazing!

Hello Everybody!

I'm very proud to share with you the 1st demo of my band's song ( hungarian version ) .

Used gear : Diezel VH-4 and 4x12 cab.

Enjoy!!!

Back