ADA MP-1 repair

zakk99

Anybody know where I send a couple of MP-1's for a good going over? I have 2 that have been in storage since around '90 and was having a little trouble out of both of them before putting them away.

I don't think Voodoo is doing them anymore. But, there is a guy in the San Francisco Bay Area that is the authorized ADA repair tech for all vintage gear. He works in conjunction with one or both of the original ADA guys.

Hit me with a PM and I'll give you his info

Just for folks to save a step; Here's the authorized ADA repair shop, this guy has the ear of the guy that founded ADA. If he has questions, he gets to talk to the MAN.

Brandt Audio & Acoustics
Gene Brandt
Google him - he's in Martinez, CA
I don't wanna leave his contact info out here for spammers to skim

Does he do high gain mods on the MP-1 still? Todd Langner used to have a nice 3 tube mod that was killer. Sold mine, I shouldn't have :doh:

Hi, Dont know if this info is too late.... but you might wanna contact MarshallJMP. Hes one of the two guys who created the 3TM Mod, The 3.666 and the MOD4MKII
mods for the MP-1. Hes modded ALL my ADA units (4 x MP-1 & 2 x Microcabs). Killer work, great guy... only hick, hes in Belgium. But to me, it was worth sending my
units to him and knowing they would come back in top shape. I sold almost all my units except for the 3TM Ultra + unit he made... this thing is a beast!

Heres his site http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/

Hope that can help you out !
4x12.

I have a friend in France who is a great tech (mods on custom audio preamp, amp, and he modded my ada mp-1.... Can send you his contact in mp ^^

4x12":3coyyhlw said:
Hi, Dont know if this info is too late.... but you might wanna contact MarshallJMP. Hes one of the two guys who created the 3TM Mod, The 3.666 and the MOD4MKII
mods for the MP-1. Hes modded ALL my ADA units (4 x MP-1 & 2 x Microcabs). Killer work, great guy... only hick, hes in Belgium. But to me, it was worth sending my
units to him and knowing they would come back in top shape. I sold almost all my units except for the 3TM Ultra + unit he made... this thing is a beast!

Heres his site http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/

Hope that can help you out !
4x12.

Old thread, but I had both of my ADA Depot 3TM MP-1 "Ultra mods" done by Hairston Bagg (aka Rob Metzger) in 2005. He was based in New York. I don't think he's doing the MP-1 mods any more.

If you need regular ADA MP-1 preamp repairs:

Brandt Audio & Acoustics ( Owner: Gene Brandt )
2112 Knollwood Dr
Martinez, CA 94553

925-890-9861
925-229-1768

I have had my mp1 at a shop for a year now. None of the ones mentioned here but it’s very frustrating. Wish I would have seen this.

Just for folks to save a step; Here's the authorized ADA repair shop, this guy has the ear of the guy that founded ADA. If he has questions, he gets to talk to the MAN.

Brandt Audio & Acoustics
Gene Brandt
Google him - he's in Martinez, CA
I don't wanna leave his contact info out here for spammers to skim
I contacted Gene since he's local to me. He won't do repairs on the ADA MP-1 preamps any more. Sorry, mang!

Here's all of the schematics & mods for the MP-1 preamp from the ADA Depot: http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=148.0
Philippe of marshalljmpmods has been very helpful as well: ADA mods, repairs, and parts

Last edited:
Reactions: Geo
Back