Phantom power between Diezel and other units

Verführe mich Sünder, oh Satan :D

Für den mach´ ich Dir das komplette Update
umsonst und falls wir Tuben brauchen auch günstig

by colors for the VH4 looking into the open amp from its top (flipped) - for Engl units:

left midi jack:
1) unsolder the yellow wire. solder green cable from left to right, where yellow was
2) solder the yellow cable to the top (empty) PIN

done.

Hi ...
I had to ressurect this topic. I have a Roland GFC 50. It has a 9V Plug and a Midi Port (of course :). Is it possible to get this pedal modded for Phantom Power from the VH4? I think about: the 9 V Plug will have Cables and maybe one can solder it to the "Powered" Pins on the Midi-Plug?

I´m not a technical person... so excuse me for writing way nooby...

Mach ein Photo von dem Bereich des Pedals, wo die Midi Out Buchse und die 9V Buchse sind. Normalerweise sollte das kein Problem sein.

Super! Mache ich sobald ich die Zeit habe, das Teil aufzuschrauben! Ist eigentlich nämlich ein gutes Board, passt sogar in mein Rack mit rein! Und man hat 5 Auswahltasten sowie durch A/B zwei Belegungen. MAn kann sich also auf jeder Taste jeden Channel in Master1/Master2 abspeichern und mit der A/B-Taste umschalten ohne lange zu suchen! Mit Phantom wäre es perfekt!

Sorry to necro this thread.

I have a Gordius Little Giant midi foot controller that can only operate at 9V DC or AC. As such, I would like to ensure that when I connect my midi cable to my VH4, it does not fry my foot controller.

Is there any way to just turn off the phantom power on the Diezel? How can I be sure whether the cables are capable of handling phantom power or not. FWIW, I don't think they are, the cables were just standard midi cables.

Any way to make completely sure? Do I risk an expensive accident?

I am pretty sure it will not hurt the unit if it is able to run with 9V DC AND AC, because internally there is a 5V regulator. To be sure, just ask them.
In case it cannot handle 12V DC from the VH4, just unsolder the wire for "+" (see top of page) and insulate it (PIN 3).
Olaf

duesentrieb":3h3c5gw9 said:
I am pretty sure it will not hurt the unit if it is able to run with 9V DC AND AC, because internally there is a 5V regulator. To be sure, just ask them.
In case it cannot handle 12V DC from the VH4, just unsolder the wire for "+" (see top of page) and insulate it (PIN 3).
Olaf

Thanks a lot. I'll get in touch with the manufacturer and check.

Back