Peavey JSX - EL34 vs. 6L6

D-Rock":2ik7k06a said:
put a tame sounding 12AX7 in the V3 spot which is for the acive eq. It helps smooth the eq out a bit and makes the mids and highs more pleasant.

Really? I'll have to try the JAN 12AT7 I got laying around..

deadweight":1j4wwijq said:
Ive tried a shit ton of 6L6's and a few EL34's but the JJ KT77's blew them all out of the water by FAR but then Im playing through a XXX, but from what I understand they arent worlds apart.

The JSX with KT77's are indeed full of win. I kinda miss mine, actually, and wouldn't mind picking up a used combo version.

I agree wholeheartedly on the KT-77s. I put those in a Splawn Comp I had years ago and it added everything I wanted it to. Awesome low-end, more gain, less harshness. The KT-77 might just be perfect. :thumbsup:

I've considered KT77's with mine, but I really like the EL34's. I don't need any more or tighter low end, or for the amp to be more aggressive.
I think I will be putting KT77's in my GH50L next though. :thumbsup:

D-Rock":ioh7pc0v said:
I've considered KT77's with mine, but I really like the EL34's. I don't need any more or tighter low end, or for the amp to be more aggressive.

I had two of those Laneys, and EL34's always sounded best. I ran JJ E34L's in one, and EL34 in the other. Just put SED's in the JSX, and no huge difference over the stock EH's. KT77's might be next.

D-Rock":3nyxnkc7 said:

I had 6L6s(Ruby), EL34s(Svet before they became SED), and KT77s(JJ) in my GH50L. The KT77s were the best, IMO.

Dropped a set of KT77s into my 3120, fucking love it.

Back