Diezel Einstein

nbarts

Diezel Einstein 2007 100wt - E34Ls/12AX7s

I ran the amp mostly with my modified Avatar OS1x12 loaded with a Black Label EVM12L & Bogner OS2x12 with EVM12Ls. A great match! I liked this amp the best with my ESP with Bare Knuckle Nailbombs. I was expecting the Emeralds & Rebel Yell do the blues & rock thing better, but surprisingly they didn’t. Overall I found this to be a great rock, nu-metal & “neo”blues amp.

The good stuff:

External bias, ability to mix power tubes.
It’s not too heavy, easy to carry because of the smaller size.
The Texas mode! It’s so good that I wish there was another channel one instead of the 2nd channel.

The bad stuff:

Loop is not switchable. Overall live performance is limited. Keep in mind that I was switching to it from a Herbert, so it was pretty irritating. It's still better than what many of other amps have.

Overall feel:

A lot of low mids, very nice & thick, singing midrange, no ear piercing highs, yet open & full and a good amount of low end, the power amp is powerful. Overall feel is pretty loose, especially compared to Diezel products like Herbert or VH4, more compressed compared to a Soldano or XTC. To my ear the amp sounds better at lower to loud volumes. It looses its greatness of the feel when played really loud. It was also the best bedroom amp I’ve ever played, to me this 100wter sounds so much better than 5wt amps at the same volume.

Sound:

Channel 1 Mode 1

Pretty decent clean tone. There are better clean tones, but this one definitely doesn’t suck. Unless you live in the clean channel this should be plenty good to fully satisfy your needs. Sounds great coil tapped, thick enough to play with coil tapped bridge & not be irritated. At really loud volumes doesn’t stay completely clean unfortunately.

Channel 1 Mode 2 – Texas Mode

Nice crunch, beautiful grit, you can tell it’s a Diezel :) Good for blues, soloing with a lot of feel, rock & in some cases even metal. I feel this mode defines what the Einstein is all about. Sounds great with a single coil or a humbucker. This is a really dangerous competition to something like an SLO.

Channel 1 Mode 3

Plenty of gain, pretty tight, as tight as this amp gets. Scoops the lows & low mids noticeably compared to the mode2. Does the liquid solo thing very well & you can play around with the volume on your guitar for more touch sensitive parts. This mode can also do metal. Mode 3 starts where the mode 2 leaves. These 2 modes together gainwise cover the same territory as Soldano’s gain channel, like all the Diezels have plenty more gain left on top which some might find useful I guess.

Channel 2 Mode 1 & 2

The 2 modes sound very close, the feel however is different, which comes really handy. So much gain, too much gain! It’s clearly made for metal or forever sustaining solos. The moment I played this channel it reminded me of the Bogner Uberschall. Same type of feel & singing midrange only more compressed, rivals with ceramic Nailbomb, just so awesome & fun to play. It could cope most of what channel 2 Uberschall does, the only exception would be if you like to boost Ubershall’s highs to get that hairy cut; that the Einstein can’t do.

nbarts":393rjqyq said:

I ran the amp mostly with my modified Avatar OS1x12 loaded with a Black Label EVM12L & Bogner OS2x12 with EVM12Ls. A great match! I liked this amp the best with my ESP with Bare Knuckle Nailbombs. I was expecting the Emeralds & Rebel Yell do the blues & rock thing better, but surprisingly they didn’t. Overall I found this to be a great rock, nu-metal & “neo”blues amp.

The good stuff:

The Texas mode! It’s so good that I wish there was another channel one instead of the 2nd channel.

The bad stuff:

Loop is not switchable. Overall live performance is limited. Keep in mind that I was switching to it from a Herbert, so it was pretty irritating. It's still better than what many of other amps have.

Overall feel:

A lot of low mids, very nice & thick, singing midrange, no ear piercing highs, yet open & full and a good amount of low end, the power amp is powerful. Overall feel is pretty loose, especially compared to Diezel products like Herbert or VH4, more compressed compared to a Soldano or XTC. To my ear the amp sounds better at lower to loud volumes. It looses its greatness of the feel when played really loud. It was also the best bedroom amp I’ve ever played, to me this 100wter sounds so much better than 5wt amps at the same volume.

Sound:

Channel 1 Mode 1

Pretty decent clean tone. There are better clean tones, but this one definitely doesn’t suck. Unless you live in the clean channel this should be plenty good to fully satisfy your needs. Sounds great coil tapped, thick enough to play with coil tapped bridge & not be irritated. At really loud volumes doesn’t stay completely clean unfortunately.

Nice crunch, beautiful grit, you can tell it’s a Diezel :) Good for blues, soloing with a lot of feel, rock & in some cases even metal. I feel this mode defines what the Einstein is all about. Sounds great with a single coil or a humbucker. This is a really dangerous competition to something like an SLO.

Channel 1 Mode 3

Plenty of gain, pretty tight, as tight as this amp gets. Scoops the lows & low mids noticeably compared to the mode2. Does the liquid solo thing very well & you can play around with the volume on your guitar for more touch sensitive parts. This mode can also do metal. Mode 3 starts where the mode 2 leaves. These 2 modes together gainwise cover the same territory as Soldano’s gain channel, like all the Diezels have plenty more gain left on top which some might find useful I guess.

Channel 2 Mode 1 & 2

The 2 modes sound very close, the feel however is different, which comes really handy. So much gain, too much gain! It’s clearly made for metal or forever sustaining solos. The moment I played this channel it reminded me of the Bogner Uberschall. Same type of feel & singing midrange only more compressed, rivals with ceramic Nailbomb, just so awesome & fun to play. It could cope most of what channel 2 Uberschall does, the only exception would be if you like to boost Ubershall’s highs to get that hairy cut; that the Einstein can’t do.

COOL i was looking at the uberschall as well but its £99 dearer than an einstein with less sounds from it, although if u say it has very uberschall like tones thats pretty darn cool!

Lexothphia":189aptc6 said:
nbarts":189aptc6 said:

The good stuff:

The bad stuff:

Overall feel:

Sound:

Channel 1 Mode 1

Channel 1 Mode 3

Channel 2 Mode 1 & 2

COOL i was looking at the uberschall as well but its £99 dearer than an einstein with less sounds from it, although if u say it has very uberschall like tones thats pretty darn cool!

I never tried an Uber, but have an Einstein, and this thing gets plenty heavy!!!

Back