Egnater Customer Service (lack thereof...)

Scottfn308":30s6mzz4 said:
bruce egnater":30s6mzz4 said:
Stringydan::: If you purchased your Renegade new, it has a 3 year warranty on everything except for the tubes. Also, a power transformer failure is one thing. Why someone would tell you that ALL the preamps tubes need to be replaced, in addition to the transformer, is not correct. Especially since you just replaced them all yourself. I would ask for a clear explanation. As far as all the other customer service issues, we are working everyday to improve and we will keep trying.
Thanks

Bruce is telling the truth, I noticed an improvement while I was going through my trials and
tribulations with my Tourmaster. I do thank them for all they did to help me and get my
amp back up and running.

Regards,

Scott

I am very encouraged by this news from Bruce. I have been gigging weekly with my Boss GT 10/Roland GR55/FRFR speaker rig . I have been pretty happy with the tones and ease of use. Today I grabbed my Tweaker 15 head and 1x12 cab out of storage because on Sunday I will be shooting 2 videos for the Follys Pool album I used the Tweaker head on and will have it setup alongside my Marshall JCM800 4010 combo and also by itself in some of the shots we will take in order to make it look more real. Of course after I got home from my storage I thought I would fire up the little Tweaker head as I do with any of my tube amps that sit for long periods of time in order to charge the caps and run some electrons through everything. I could not resist running my Boss GT 10 set to the combo return output setting into the Tweakers effect loop return and running through some of my patches. I am happy to say that not only did it fire up but the TONE ABSOLUTELY KILLS!!! I had run a POD HD through it when I first got it and that was good but the Boss GT 10 with the Tweaker 15 is just what I needed to get me excited about doing my upcoming live gigs. I dig the modelling stuff and use it for cover gigs but always find it less than compelling tone wise. I am so blown away by the warmth and versatility of this combination (Tweaker/GT 10) that on Saturday nights club gig I am going to throw caution to the wind and use this setup live. Bruce if you are reading this please check out the band Follys Pool and their new album "Out Of A Dream". Every electric guitar tone on it with a couple of exceptions was created with this amazing little amp you designed. They are damn good recorded tones and I am proud of my work on that record. I am also grateful to you for making these amps and hope that you don't get too discouraged by some of the negative stuff that's happened with your company. I am hoping that Saturday will go well(we have a powerful PA and I mic. the Tweaker ) and I can start using this amp again for most of the smaller gigs I do. Anyone who has a modeller I highly recommend that you try it through the effect return of any Egnater you have. I think it sounds almost as good as my M13 using the 4 cable method and a lot easier to dial in. I just turned it on -turned it up and before I knew it I had been playing 2 hours! That's how good these amps are! And if I do roast it whilst playing a gig with it I will put another tranny etc... in it. I won't be mad about it. Hell my Infiniti QX4 just got a new tranny/brake master cylinder/distributor/A.C./ tires/a bunch of front end work etc... to the tune of about 2200 dollars and it needs a timing belt and a water pump and I'm not mad at Nissan. Being mad won't help.

Once again I hope that customer service continues to improve at Egnater and I look forward to more creative use of the Tweaker 15 in the studio and some fun on stage too!

Peace,

T.C.

I have XTLive ... I think it has been discontinued. I recall running XTlive in to FX return of my Mesa Boogie MK3 ... it absolutely was amazing. I am wondering of POD HD will even be better.I guess there is setting adjustment to XTL so that speaker simulation is off. Now I have a Egnater Rebel 30 Combo.. and it can run at EL84 or 6V6... I think it might open another can of worm.. So basically it is Line 6 "Pre" and Egnator Power.

Now I also have M13. I put a posting on other topics here...But I had issue with FX Loop noise with Rebel.

Beat goes on...

There is a Power Transformer on most Egnator Amps, this is something they are trying to work out, I have had no luck with Egnator, so I sent my Power Transformer to Mercury Magnetics Company to have them Build me an Upgraded one at a good price.
They have a few Egnator Power Transformers, Mine is for a Rebel 30, in which they will be making soon. I will keep you all posted.

Bluesplayer":89jrskye said:
There is a Power Transformer on most Egnator Amps, this is something they are trying to work out, I have had no luck with Egnator, so I sent my Power Transformer to Mercury Magnetics Company to have them Build me an Upgraded one at a good price.
They have a few Egnator Power Transformers, Mine is for a Rebel 30, in which they will be making soon. I will keep you all posted.

the issue on most of the tourmasters wasnt the power tranny

it's the output tranny. completely different.

mercury currently does NOT offer a suitable replacement for the OUTPUT tranny in the tourmaster, but DOES offer a replacement POWER transformer.

4 experiences

Marshall:
I had bought a used Marshall at GC. It had clicking noise when changing channels - which was updated on later versions. Contacted Korg (Marshall's American distributor?) via website and gave me an RMA. took it to local Authorized Service Center. and they fixed/updated at no cost FREE

Mackie;
I bought a store demo. mini Powered Monitor. Went dead on me.. Apparently Mackie has life time warranty.. Fixed it for FREE

ProTools Avid:
My Digi002 had issue with not recognizing the interface. I took it to the same place that repaired my Marshall, Mackie.. and they told me it was a known issue. Just call Avid and get RMA. or SA. which I did and got it repaired FREE

TC Electronics.
I have G-Major I bought it on ebay. intermittent issue. Took it to TC factory... lucky me I live in LA. They repaired updated the firmware.. FREE... and I bought this on Ebay

Now that is Customer Service@@

My Renegade 112 combo was not purchased new. I got it second hand from GC. So it did not have the factory warranty. I did purchase a 1 year "pro coverage" but it has lapsed. Raphael, at RS Electronics, is the tech that repaired my amp and he said it needed all new preamp tubes. I hate to say it but he has a monopoly in the Little Rock AR market when it comes to amp repair and he is a approved Egnater repair center(what I was told). I did go the expensive route with a Mercury Magnetics PT and OT. Hoping for both a upgrade in sound and to avoid future issues, since these components have a 10 year warranty. The amp sounds great now! Used it on my last couple of gigs. I love the tone of the amp and the features....I just hope it will be a long long time before it has another problem.

Back