Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Tue, Jan 22, 2019 10:45am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Double-miking update
PostPosted: Sat, Jan 05, 2019 1:36pm 
Hack

Are you human?: 951
guillaume_pille wrote:
Thank you guys, we're close to the final version and we'll release a 32 bits and older versions of Windows after the Holidays. ;)

Thank you for doing this for us. The two mic update is a great improvement! I have a couple of suggestions and a question for the Remote 5.0 software in Simulation mode:

1. I would suggest making the picture of the cabinet larger, the studio "background" picture smaller, and also making the knobs/switches/etc all a bit larger.
2. I would also suggest adding a picture of a speaker with the cap, cone, cone edge, etc being visible and show how the mics move in relation to that image That way, users could see ideally where the mics are being positioned on the speaker itself.
3. I notice that saving presets does not allow for entering in your own preset name. I assume this will work in the full version?

Also...I realize the current Remote 5.0 software is in Alpha stage, but occasionally I am getting a random sound issue where everything sounds like it's being run through a "bit crusher" effect. It happens when I click on any random item (a mic, a slider, etc). The only way to stop it is to turn off the Torpedo Live completely and turn it back on again. I've entered a support ticket for this, but wanted to mention it here for the benefit of the other users.

Thank you again!

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 13, 2019 10:23am 
Hack

Any update on release date?

As a bit of background, I purchased a UA Ox in November and loved the software, but didn't like the sound. Using my Mesa TA-30 head, there was what sounded like input distortion on all settings. I thought I must have gotten a bad Ox, so I exchanged it, but the second unit had exactly the same issue. So I returned the Ox for a refund and purchased a Torpedo CAB instead (gotta love Sweetwater's customer support). Using the CAB in combination with my old MiniMass attenuator gives me the silent practice and recording solution I was looking for with the Ox, but without the Ox's annoying audio artifacts. The only thing I miss relative to the Ox is the ability to double mic. So I'm thrilled to see an update is in the works, and I'm anxiously awaiting the release date. :rock:

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 16, 2019 10:47am 
Hack

Hi!
Yesterday I made update.
No problem so far!

Today I'll try the Torpedo CAB with my Headrush pedalboard.

Agree with suggestions of @torp42. My suggestion besides these: when 2 mics are used, the pictures of each should be on left side and side of the cab to see them better.

I use WOS with my old POD Farm 2.5 vst and sounds incredible!
I hope the sound of my Headrush improves with Torpedo CAB.

Sorry for my english, I'm from Argentina.
Best regards!
Pato.

Edit: and please, 2 cabs for Torpedo CAB!!

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 16, 2019 4:23pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Thank you guys for the suggestions, JC you can already update, the Alpha 8 is very stable and the firmware is really good now.

Creating pro audio product for the guitar and bass players:
Follow us on Youtube and Facebook
Two Notes samples on Soundcloud

For the best support, please check the FAQ and create a ticket on the Two Notes Help Desk

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 21, 2019 4:03pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Hi Guillaume,

just did the Alpha 8 update and I'm getting constant 'Unable to get IR Data from the Torpedo, invalid data checksum' messages. Any idea why?

My Torpedo Live is registered and everything, and I couldn't find any related topics in your Knowledge base.

Also, when I click away these error messages, I do see the updated Remote, but Mic B is 'stuck' to 'Knightfall', blacked out.

Running Win7, 64 bit. FYI.

Engl Savage 60 + Two Notes Torpedo Live
Engl e670 Special Edition EL34
EVH 5150 III 50W + Mesa Boogie 2x12 Vertical Slant cab
Fender '74 Princeton Reverb (w/ Eminence Legend 105-8)
Fryette Sig:X head + HB 212V cab (G12K85 +V30)
Marshall Lead 100 MOSFET + 1966A & 1966B cabs
Mesa Boogie Mark V:25 + Mesa 1x12 Thiele EVM cab
Roland Jazz Chorus JC-55 combo & JC-120H head
Axes:
Burny Les Paul (3x), Charvel So-Cal, Epiphone Wildkat, ESP Horizon NT-II, Fender '68 RI Strat, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, G&L ASAT Classic Tribute, Ibanez S540FM & Kramer SM-1 Guitars