Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Fri, Oct 19, 2018 9:32am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri, May 04, 2018 5:55pm 
Hack

Are you human?: 951
Hello, I am looking into the idea of minimizing my rig down to a pedalboard. I am currently using a vintage Boogie Mark III black dot combo. While the love the sound and the tone of this amp, I need something that doesn't weigh 85+ lbs. I have some back problems and lugging this thing around to so many gigs each week is just getting to a point where I want a change.

I want to leave the boogie at the studio to record with and use something else to play live. We do anything from Clean to Santana to Zeppelin to Heavy rock. I am in 3 different projects and I also do recordings for people here in this area. I play out every week so I need to cover a large musical base.

I am really looking hard at the Le Lead pedal and wanted to get some feedback on the tone of it vs the Mark III I have now. I have seen videos but, it's really hard to tell without playing the pedal myself. I love the idea that it has an effects loop for the time-based pedals and I have a few pedals that would go in front as well (Deja Vibe CS and a Xotic Wah)

Do you feel like this pedal could be a replacement for the preamp section and I am trying to decide if I want to use the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 or perhaps a lightweight tube power section. I know I am a tube fan but again, with tubes, the weight starts creeping back in. I don't mind a little weight just not the 85Lbs I have been carrying around.

Any suggestions other than the LE Lead pedal as a preamp and any suggestions on a power amp to get me a solid replacement for my Mark III?

Thanks up front for any help and suggestions!

:D

PostPosted: Sat, May 05, 2018 9:59am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Hi there fellow mark iii owner! I have the blue stripe and being anm bedroom player, the torpedo cab and my isolation cabinet help me use both the preamp and the power amp section of the amp! I haven't used any two notes pedals but I suppose they would do thr trick. Another suggestion would be to get urself a mesa studio preamp.

Samick Les Paul Custom Artist Seris - di marzio tone zone

Box of doom isolation cab
Cubase UR 22 sound interface
Zoom MS-50G multistomp
Rane PE 15 parametric eq rack
:rock: :rock: :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ios4ever

PostPosted: Mon, May 07, 2018 8:04am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Hi tridyed,

I believe the most reasonable would be to get one and return it if you don't like it.

It's voiced a little like a Roadking (channel 3) on B, and the clean is totally original, so it's hard to put it in words if you're not 100% convinced by the video demos. :D

Creating pro audio product for the guitar and bass players:
Follow us on Youtube and Facebook
Two Notes samples on Soundcloud

For the best support, please check the FAQ and create a ticket on the Two Notes Help Desk