Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Tue, Oct 16, 2018 4:13pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri, May 18, 2018 12:08am 
Rock God Trainee

I was fortunate enough to get my Studio about a year and a half ago when I was strictly using my Kemper to record. I was sick of not being able to use my real amps at proper volume and was sick of the profile rabbit hole.

Got the Live on a Black Friday Sweetester deal. After two days, I knew I love bed it but regretted not going “full potato” so much called my rep, returned the Live and got the Studio. To say I couldn’t be happier is an understatement. It’s become an integral piece of my home studio.

Anyway, just wanted to share some love for the Torpedo Studio.

Here’s some recent vid clips:

Vid #1: "Hail to the King"
No guessing on the inspiration for this track! Showing off some thrashy tones with the KSR Juno on the Clip and Lead modes.

Vid #2: "The Folly of Youth" - Cheery 2000 (my original punk project)
Used the Crunch mode for all rhythms and the Clip mode for the lead.

Vid #3: Full Playthrough - All Channels/Knobs/Switchs
If you go to YouTube, there are chapter links in the description

Vid #1: "Hail to the King"
No guessing on the inspiration for this track! Showing off some thrashy tones with the KSR Juno on the Clip and Lead modes.

Vid #2: "The Folly of Youth" - Cheery 2000 (my original punk project)
Used the Crunch mode for all rhythms and the Clip mode for the lead.

Vid #3: Full Playthrough - All Channels/Knobs/Switchs
If you go to YouTube, there are chapter links in the description

Vid #4: Groovy Stoney Fuzz - Some pedals from Basic Audio

Gear Demos from a Guy Who Loves Gear!!!

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao

PostPosted: Fri, May 18, 2018 1:47am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Are you human?: 951
Thx for sharing your clips dude! Before I got my vh4 pedal I had seen your video. Amazing piece of equipment! I ve been using the torpedo CAB for more than a year, but having an isolation cabinet helps me record using not only the preamp section but also the power section of my mesa boogie mark 3. Some day I might end up selling both my iso cab and torpedo CAB and get myself the studio! Recording in stereo must be so sick!

Samick Les Paul Custom Artist Seris - di marzio tone zone

Box of doom isolation cab
Cubase UR 22 sound interface
Zoom MS-50G multistomp
Rane PE 15 parametric eq rack
:rock: :rock: :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ios4ever

PostPosted: Fri, May 18, 2018 6:39am 
Rock God Trainee

sotosprince wrote:
Thx for sharing your clips dude! Before I got my vh4 pedal I had seen your video. Amazing piece of equipment! I ve been using the torpedo CAB for more than a year, but having an isolation cabinet helps me record using not only the preamp section but also the power section of my mesa boogie mark 3. Some day I might end up selling both my iso cab and torpedo CAB and get myself the studio! Recording in stereo must be so sick!

Awesome! My situation definitely required as silent a recording setup as possible! Thanks for checking it the vids! The VH4 pedal is amazing. I need to check out the Herbert one now. I was thinking about trying the CAB out with my Helix to see how the Two Notes cabs would sound with it.

Gear Demos from a Guy Who Loves Gear!!!

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao

PostPosted: Fri, May 18, 2018 6:47am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Are you human?: 951
JerEvil wrote:
sotosprince wrote:

Awesome! My situation definitely required as silent a recording setup as possible! Thanks for checking it the vids! The VH4 pedal is amazing. I need to check out the Herbert one now. I was thinking about trying the CAB out with my Helix to see how the Two Notes cabs would sound with it.

Yes, that might be interesting!

Samick Les Paul Custom Artist Seris - di marzio tone zone

Box of doom isolation cab
Cubase UR 22 sound interface
Zoom MS-50G multistomp
Rane PE 15 parametric eq rack
:rock: :rock: :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ios4ever

PostPosted: Fri, May 18, 2018 8:58am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

i use my helix with a live all the time, they play well together. im not totally into the helix cabs and think ir's sound better. i remove the cab or ir and go into the line input on the back. it does affect the cab placement routing, i could probably put the cab in a loop but it's simple this way. i like the two notes cabs so using remote makes it easier plus the helix has great eq's and a high low cut which helps to tame some of the ribbon mics boomy nature