Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sun, Dec 09, 2018 3:40pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Wiz MTL does AC/DC ?
PostPosted: Mon, May 28, 2018 9:04am 
Plank Cranker

Dear Wizard fans out here... i am ready to save for a MTL but would like to know of the wizard MTL can do the plexi kinda old school AC/DC jailbreaker tone in spades ?

I know the Wizard is akin to ACDC... but am just curious if the MTL could actually churn out this kinda tone ?

And lastly... i been hearing rezamatrix MTL demo and not being a nasty guy here but i just find the MTL demo he did was abit too fizzy... no idea if you guys find that too ? I have no idea of its the EQ or the mic in thingy or least in reality does the demo speaks its true DNA ?... but am being thankful of rezamatrix to demo out this beast in the box...

PostPosted: Mon, May 28, 2018 9:19am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Are you human?: 951
hopkinWFG wrote:
Dear Wizard fans out here... i am ready to save for a MTL but would like to know of the wizard MTL can do the plexi kinda old school AC/DC jailbreaker tone in spades ?

I know the Wizard is akin to ACDC... but am just curious if the MTL could actually churn out this kinda tone ?

And lastly... i been hearing rezamatrix MTL demo and not being a nasty guy here but i just find the MTL demo he did was abit too fizzy... no idea if you guys find that too ? I have no idea of its the EQ or the mic in thingy or least in reality does the demo speaks its true DNA ?... but am being thankful of rezamatrix to demo out this beast in the box...

Dude, Not to sound like a douche, but I would not judge ANY amp by clips....Period. Clips are fun to listen to, but that's where it should end.

I've not played an MTL, but I HIGHLY doubt it would be fizzy sounding in person.

Good transactions with: harddriver, Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert, Tuckerbomb, krueger, ibzprestige, journeyman73, JerEvil, apophis, DragonCrestPC, hammered, Hardvalve, lowmantotempole, Mailman1971, FLYINRYAN11, bwgintegra

"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry

PostPosted: Mon, May 28, 2018 9:32am 
Plank Cranker

MetalHeadMike wrote:
hopkinWFG wrote:

Dude, Not to sound like a douche, but I would not judge ANY amp by clips....Period. Clips are fun to listen to, but that's where it should end.

I've not played an MTL, but I HIGHLY doubt it would be fizzy sounding in person.

Haha not at all ! Thanks there i do think so too... but am hoping to get MTL owners point of view :)

I heard too the MTL has fair amount of unsable gain ? Being the fact that its super high gain... just hooe to clear some doubts here before i pouring serious lifetime savings in it hahah

PostPosted: Mon, May 28, 2018 9:43am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

There's quite a few MTL owners kicking around here; I'm sure some of them will chime in with good information. I just picked up an MCII, and there is nothing fizzy in it's tone. Not an MTL I know, but I don't think the two models are too far apart.

Good transactions with: harddriver, Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert, Tuckerbomb, krueger, ibzprestige, journeyman73, JerEvil, apophis, DragonCrestPC, hammered, Hardvalve, lowmantotempole, Mailman1971, FLYINRYAN11, bwgintegra

PostPosted: Mon, May 28, 2018 9:49am 
Plank Cranker

MetalHeadMike wrote:
There's quite a few MTL owners kicking around here; I'm sure some of them will chime in with good information. I just picked up an MCII, and there is nothing fizzy in it's tone. Not an MTL I know, but I don't think the two models are too far apart.

Cool... infact i am still thinking to getta MTL or MC2... can the MC2 do the ACDC crunch ? Like the signature open E chord thats spanky tight and pleasing to ears...

PostPosted: Mon, May 28, 2018 9:59am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I don't play ACDC stuff, but I'd have to say it sure can :yes: It's got ridiculous amounts of tight spank, and it can be eq'd to be VERY pleasing to to the ears, or VERY rude and aggressive towards the ears. The bright and contour knobs allow for a huge range of tone tweaking to get it just how you like it.

PostPosted: Mon, May 28, 2018 10:05am 
Plank Cranker

MetalHeadMike wrote:
I don't play ACDC stuff, but I'd have to say it sure can :yes: It's got ridiculous amounts of tight spank, and it can be eq'd to be VERY pleasing to to the ears, or VERY rude and aggressive towards the ears. The bright and contour knobs allow for a huge range of tone tweaking to get it just how you like it.

Cool ! Thanks for chiming in but would like to hear and discuss more about the Wizard MTL or MC2...

Habe you heard Reza latest MC2 that has KT88 on it ? Its like a 75watter and heard Reza is all over it haha...

PostPosted: Mon, May 28, 2018 12:11pm 
Rock God

So, I can tell you that if you are looking for old school AC/DC tones look no further than the MCI/II. I had a MTL, and now have an MCI with the C transformer. The MTL has a hollow spot to me where the Marshall mids should be....it had lots of lower mids but the Marshall mids just weren't there to my ears. All the gain is usable on the MTL, and it stays tight...but it also didn't like any boosts I tried, even after dialing the gain back. I sold the MTL in a month. Great amp but I needed better mids....
I just picked up a 2010 MCI from LP6 here on RT. It absolutely slays for the huge modded Marshall tone I love. Gigantic sounding amp with all the upper mids I need. That or the MCII, with the C transformer is the one you want if you want old school Marshall tones, and it has enough gain to get into 80s metal territory...dial the gain back, leave the boost pushed in and it takes pedals as good as any JCM 800.
:rock:

PostPosted: Mon, May 28, 2018 6:28pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Racerxrated wrote:
So, I can tell you that if you are looking for old school AC/DC tones look no further than the MCI/II. I had a MTL, and now have an MCI with the C transformer. The MTL has a hollow spot to me where the Marshall mids should be....it had lots of lower mids but the Marshall mids just weren't there to my ears. All the gain is usable on the MTL, and it stays tight...but it also didn't like any boosts I tried, even after dialing the gain back. I sold the MTL in a month. Great amp but I needed better mids....
I just picked up a 2010 MCI from LP6 here on RT. It absolutely slays for the huge modded Marshall tone I love. Gigantic sounding amp with all the upper mids I need. That or the MCII, with the C transformer is the one you want if you want old school Marshall tones, and it has enough gain to get into 80s metal territory...dial the gain back, leave the boost pushed in and it takes pedals as good as any JCM 800.

Every thing you said is spot on and Angus himself played a Wizard MCI on stage for quite some time. Or some version of it and perhaps an MCII as well, I don't know but lespaul6 likely knows which wizards the young brothers used.
And besides that why on earth would you buy an amp called the wizard metal to get ACDC crunch :lol: :LOL:

Good deals with: 232cap, just42dave, Chris O, Wizzard of Ozz, roodboy, MYLILSS, BerkleeBill, SLOgriff, RSRD, glip22, Johnny LaRue, IntrepidCellist, bobbtoz, squank, 50MkII, bwgintegra, joafink2, sunder, Braciola, Walnuts, eddyrox, RJF, LP Freak, tiardi, BlackRose, tlingen, marl3y, Gsxrbusa, EWSEthan, XSSIVE, threemounts_1, jordanky, Pbfoot, 6CA7, dooredge, jharpersj, warhead78, TheMagicEight, parntz145, boneyard, chumbucket, JerEvil, NewWorldMan, John4021, RandyVanMartini, Snave, espquade, yngwiestrat, Rick Lee, Racerxrated

PostPosted: Mon, May 28, 2018 9:39pm 
Rock God

sjk wrote:
Racerxrated wrote:

Every thing you said is spot on and Angus himself played a Wizard MCI on stage for quite some time. Or some version of it and perhaps an MCII as well, I don't know but lespaul6 likely knows which wizards the young brothers used.
And besides that why on earth would you buy an amp called the wizard metal to get ACDC crunch :lol: :LOL:

If Rick made the MTL with a way to add the same upper mid range as the MCI with the C Trans it might be the perfect amp. That way one could get all that MTL lower mid grind, and low end thump with the ability to dial it back and add some upper mids. That would be cool.
Guys who like modern tones best would like the MTL more than the MCI/II.

PostPosted: Mon, May 28, 2018 10:12pm 
Plank Cranker

Racerxrated wrote:

Cool... thanks racerxrated.... in anyway whats the diff between the MC2 with V or C transformer ? I am a metal player i like to play old school trash, Mercyful fate and sometimes to cannibal corpse.. i also hear ACDC in the past and at times i just like to play their tunes, i was merely thinking if the MC2 or a MTL would do good metal tones but also being able to dial in the ACDC crunch then it will serves me what i am looking at...

I hear some would like MC2 with the C transformer better than their new V transformer... is the V transformer being sounding more modern than the C being more of a classic 80s metal vibe to it ?

PostPosted: Mon, May 28, 2018 10:20pm 
Plank Cranker

sjk wrote:
Racerxrated wrote:

Haha... is ok... cause am a metal guy but i also like to play ACDC riffs and have fun with... i caught up with a video on youtube and it was scott ian who plays and SG with the wizard and he did played some ACDC tone its just so right on the way it sound... the E and the jailbreaker tune...

PostPosted: Tue, May 29, 2018 2:30am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Don’t have a lot of time for writing now, but what you described, get the MC2 not the MTL. Racer described it well. MTL is more modern and less Marshall sounding. MC2 is best Marshall tone and covers everything 70-90s, blues to Metal. Both are equally great and share a lot of things, but for AC/DC and also Mercyful Fate etc. get the MC2.

PostPosted: Tue, May 29, 2018 4:48pm 
Rock God

hopkinWFG wrote:
Racerxrated wrote:

Cool... thanks racerxrated.... in anyway whats the diff between the MC2 with V or C transformer ? I am a metal player i like to play old school trash, Mercyful fate and sometimes to cannibal corpse.. i also hear ACDC in the past and at times i just like to play their tunes, i was merely thinking if the MC2 or a MTL would do good metal tones but also being able to dial in the ACDC crunch then it will serves me what i am looking at...

I hear some would like MC2 with the C transformer better than their new V transformer... is the V transformer being sounding more modern than the C being more of a classic 80s metal vibe to it ?

Not sure about the transformers, other than the C being the most Marshall-like in the mids. If you look in this sub forum and scroll back, you can find more talk about the differences in the transformers.
I will also add that I just got done playing it, and by dropping the mids way back I can get a Mark IIC+ type scooped metal tone...not saying it sounds like a C+ but the EQ spectrum is damn close to a C+ with a V in the GEQ.
The EQ is very responsive....trust me. A scooped metal tone is no problem with the MCI/II.

PostPosted: Tue, May 29, 2018 5:27pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

hopkinWFG wrote:
sjk wrote:
Racerxrated wrote:

Haha... is ok... cause am a metal guy but i also like to play ACDC riffs and have fun with... i caught up with a video on youtube and it was scott ian who plays and SG with the wizard and he did played some ACDC tone its just so right on the way it sound... the E and the jailbreaker tune...

I get it, didn't realize you wanted the super heavies as well, can't speak to the mtl, but the MCI and II will do the heavy stuff for sure but for super modern heavies I suppose the mtl would be the ticket. The scott ian video is a LARGE part of the reason I succumbed to the wizard :lol: :LOL:

Good deals with: 232cap, just42dave, Chris O, Wizzard of Ozz, roodboy, MYLILSS, BerkleeBill, SLOgriff, RSRD, glip22, Johnny LaRue, IntrepidCellist, bobbtoz, squank, 50MkII, bwgintegra, joafink2, sunder, Braciola, Walnuts, eddyrox, RJF, LP Freak, tiardi, BlackRose, tlingen, marl3y, Gsxrbusa, EWSEthan, XSSIVE, threemounts_1, jordanky, Pbfoot, 6CA7, dooredge, jharpersj, warhead78, TheMagicEight, parntz145, boneyard, chumbucket, JerEvil, NewWorldMan, John4021, RandyVanMartini, Snave, espquade, yngwiestrat, Rick Lee, Racerxrated

PostPosted: Tue, May 29, 2018 6:45pm 
Plank Cranker

sjk wrote:
hopkinWFG wrote:
sjk wrote:
Racerxrated wrote:

I get it, didn't realize you wanted the super heavies as well, can't speak to the mtl, but the MCI and II will do the heavy stuff for sure but for super modern heavies I suppose the mtl would be the ticket. The scott ian video is a LARGE part of the reason I succumbed to the wizard :lol: :LOL:

Haha ! Yeah i got your wizard amp excite :)... but i dont mind sparring off slight ACDC crunch tone abit and getta angrier tone out of the MC2 for the part that i am looking at majority...

PostPosted: Tue, May 29, 2018 6:52pm 
Plank Cranker

Racerxrated wrote:
hopkinWFG wrote:
Racerxrated wrote:

Not sure about the transformers, other than the C being the most Marshall-like in the mids. If you look in this sub forum and scroll back, you can find more talk about the differences in the transformers.
I will also add that I just got done playing it, and by dropping the mids way back I can get a Mark IIC+ type scooped metal tone...not saying it sounds like a C+ but the EQ spectrum is damn close to a C+ with a V in the GEQ.
The EQ is very responsive....trust me. A scooped metal tone is no problem with the MCI/II.

Cool.... the C+ is like modern enough i supposed its lamb of god kinda tone there? But just how tight is the MC2 putting a Fryette Ultra lead into an AB comparison...

Is the MC2 very responsive to your playing being the picking part ?

PostPosted: Tue, May 29, 2018 7:31pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

The MCII I just picked up will nail anything from classic thrash>nu-thrash>old school death metal>modern metal on the lead ch. I can pull any metal tone my little black heart desires with lead boost on or off and in either the low input or high input. It's VERY responsive to pick dynamics. I'm smacking the front end with a Ts9 as a clean boost just to tighten the lows a bit. Not adding any gain whatsoever with the TS mind you, just reigning in the low end and adding that little extra attack from the pedal.

FWIW this amp has the V transformers and it is a metal f!*?ing MONSTER. Its also NAILS 60s-70s rock n rolla on the rhythm ch.

Last edited by MetalHeadMike on Wed, May 30, 2018 7:52am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue, May 29, 2018 11:13pm 
Rock God

hopkinWFG wrote:
Racerxrated wrote:
hopkinWFG wrote:
Racerxrated wrote:

Cool.... the C+ is like modern enough i supposed its lamb of god kinda tone there? But just how tight is the MC2 putting a Fryette Ultra lead into an AB comparison...

Like Mike said, it is very responsive to pick attack, and you can work wonders with the volume control at high gain levels. The C+ is a Metal amp all day if that's what you want to dial in, and I can get almost as dark/scooped with this MCI. You really can get any tone out of this amp, and it has incredible TIGHT low end no matter how high you dial the bass. It's like a force of nature.

PostPosted: Tue, May 29, 2018 11:33pm 
Plank Cranker

Racerxrated wrote:
hopkinWFG wrote:
Racerxrated wrote:
hopkinWFG wrote:
Racerxrated wrote:

Like Mike said, it is very responsive to pick attack, and you can work wonders with the volume control at high gain levels. The C+ is a Metal amp all day if that's what you want to dial in, and I can get almost as dark/scooped with this MCI. You really can get any tone out of this amp, and it has incredible TIGHT low end no matter how high you dial the bass. It's like a force of nature.

Haha... enuff said thanks alot guys !!

PostPosted: Tue, May 29, 2018 11:35pm 
Plank Cranker

MetalHeadMike wrote:
The MCII I just picked up will nail anything from classic thrash>nu-thrash>old school death metal>modern metal on the lead ch. I can pull any metal tone my little black desires with lead boost on or off and in either the low input or high input. It's VERY responsive to pick dynamics. I'm smacking the front end with a Ts9 as a clean boost just to tighten the lows a bit. Not adding any gain whatsoever with the TS mind you, just reigning in the low end and adding that little extra attack from the pedal.

FWIW this amp has the V transformers and it is a metal f!*?ing MONSTER. Its also NAILS 60s-70s rock n rolla on the rhythm ch.

Thanks alot !! I be heading for a V transformer MC2... cant wait for the time to come haha !

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 05, 2018 6:49am 
Apprentice NOOB

So it depends on what you mean by "does"...

I have an MTL, and you can set it for a great ACDC style crunch that if I were to go join a local cover band and use my MTL to crank out AC/DC tunes, the bar would be rockin and every guitarist in the joint would be totally jealous of how hard I nailed the AC/DC tone.

That being said...if Angus Young's car broke down in front of my house and he knocked on the door and asked to jam, Id plug him into an MC2 if I had one, or one of my actual old Marshalls before the MTL.

Love the MC2 and I totally want one, but I keep saving up for it and every time I get close I find a good deal on a sweet old Marshall or Boogie.

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 05, 2018 1:10pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

The MTL can most definitely do a more than convicting AC/DC style crunch edgy breakup, ala JailBreak... all the way thru Highway to Hell, Back in Black and thru BallBreaker. The rhythm channel is amazing... not a throw-away channel or after-thought found on many other highgain channel switching amps. The clean and crunch tones kill. It stands on it's own just fine.

Will the MC2 cover these tones better and/or more authentically, yes... to be sure. But the MTL can handle this sort of work just as well too. The MC2 and MTL are much more alike than different... and they are both simply 2 different flavors of killer Marshall-esque tone.

The Vintage Classic might actually be the best amp for this single sort of tone is you want to get really particular and exact about it. But then you don't have the other channels and features of the MTL and MC2.

PS: Don't go by Reza's demos. I don't like any of his video demos tones regardless of the amp. Way too honky and nasally. Sounds like he has the mids cranked or a cocked open wah pedal sound or something. Maybe it's his pups, technique, whatevs... but the the MTL sounds way, way, way better in person.

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), RKnight (S: Mesa Mark IV), and many more.

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 05, 2018 7:46pm 
Rock God

Wizard of Ozz wrote:
The MTL can most definitely do a more than convicting AC/DC style crunch edgy breakup, ala JailBreak... all the way thru Highway to Hell, Back in Black and thru BallBreaker. The rhythm channel is amazing... not a throw-away channel or after-thought found on many other highgain channel switching amps. The clean and crunch tones kill. It stands on it's own just fine.

Will the MC2 cover these tones better and/or more authentically, yes... to be sure. But the MTL can handle this sort of work just as well too. The MC2 and MTL are much more alike than different... and they are both simply 2 different flavors of killer Marshall-esque tone.

The Vintage Classic might actually be the best amp for this single sort of tone is you want to get really particular and exact about it. But then you don't have the other channels and features of the MTL and MC2.

PS: Don't go by Reza's demos. I don't like any of his video demos tones regardless of the amp. Way too honky and nasally. Sounds like he has the mids cranked or a cocked open wah pedal sound or something. Maybe it's his pups, technique, whatevs... but the the MTL sounds way, way, way better in person.

Agree...both amps really can do any genre of rock/metal with ease. There's really no bad choice. Plenty of gain with both amps, with the mids set a bit differently between each.
They are a gift that keeps on giving....I haven't played an amp this much in years.

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 05, 2018 8:15pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Racerxrated wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:

Agree...both amps really can do any genre of rock/metal with ease. There's really no bad choice. Plenty of gain with both amps, with the mids set a bit differently between each.
They are a gift that keeps on giving....I haven't played an amp this much in years.

Yep. Definitely something special here with the Wizards. I've owned a bunch of amps... I mean a lot... really a lot. :yes: ;) :yes:

... and these Wizards are scary good. Kinda like that special tone you always wanted to get, but just could never dial in exactly 100%.

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), RKnight (S: Mesa Mark IV), and many more.

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 07, 2018 1:56am 
Apprentice NOOB

Racerxrated wrote:
hopkinWFG wrote:
Racerxrated wrote:

I also feel a IIC+ vibe/feel from my MC2, esp first play through. Maybe its the way I dialed it for the tones in my head, being similar to how my IIC+ tone is set, but it felt raw and aggressive like my IIC+. Like you said its not exact, but its interesting to hear you also say you got a similar vibe. I must whack a EQ in the loop and see what I get.
I find the MC2 + the VH4 nails Hetfield's type tone better than the VH4 + IIC+ in my room.

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 07, 2018 6:44am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

[/quote]
Yep. Definitely something special here with the Wizards. I've owned a bunch of amps... I mean a lot... really a lot. :yes: ;) :yes:

... and these Wizards are scary good. Kinda like that special tone you always wanted to get, but just could never dial in exactly 100%.[/quote]

^^^
This, especially the last sentence, sums up my experience with the MCII I just picked up.

[/quote]
I find the MC2 + the VH4 nails Hetfield's type tone better than the VH4 + IIC+ in my room.[/quote]

^^^
I haven't played Metallica stuff in years but was messing around the other night turning on the knobs and whamo! Out comes Master of Puppets and Blackened with the twist of the contour and mids.

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 07, 2018 12:02pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

For the record... I sold my 2017 VH4 after getting my MC2 and MTL. :yes:

They are both that good. For Metallica I’d take either Wizard MC2/MTL and a MKIIC+/MKIII any day over the VH4. James only uses channel 3 in the VH4 and I’m sure he’s boosting and eq-ing it too.

Just sayin... :rock:

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 12, 2018 6:25pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

buy a wizard, any of them, use the footswitch for channel and boost. Move along and stop messing around. Maybe put a reverb/echo in in the loop and the rest is on you. If you can't sound good with one of these, you need to work on the guitar skills. I wish I had just bought one of these much long ago, would have saved a great deal of time for the marshall and beyond territory.

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 13, 2018 12:01pm 
Supah Stah

mdc1mdc11 wrote:
buy a wizard, any of them, use the footswitch for channel and boost. Move along and stop messing around. Maybe put a reverb/echo in in the loop and the rest is on you. If you can't sound good with one of these, you need to work on the guitar skills. I wish I had just bought one of these much long ago, would have saved a great deal of time for the marshall and beyond territory.

100% spot on. I ended up with an MC25 about a year and a half ago....it's the ballsiest sub 50 watt amp I've ever owned and played, it solved every gripe I've ever had with high gain amps - specifically the drive through window speaker compression sound that happens with most of the rest...they can keep the squish :lol: :LOL: I had Mather build a custom matching vertical 2x12 thats loaded with a Gold and a Creamback M, jaw dropping good tones. Its a small footprint wolf in sheeps clothing rig.

The MC25 kicked my 50 watt Bogner Helios to the curb. First time I showed up at rehearsal with it the rest of the band told me to just leave the Helios at home, and those guys are well versed in my amp issues hahahah. I run an Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master in the loop for verb / delay and otherwise plug straight in 100% of the time. No extra anything needed....Got one of those voodoo guy switchers that allows access to all functions, I really couldn't imaging not being able to get to all of the modes and could see how if someone had one of these amps with no footswitch it might not be ideal, unless they just wanted one sound.

Bottom line is just like you said - take the leap of faith and get one. Unlike any other amp I've owned or played this is truly a must have it there with you thing, no question. I've kind of considered looking at a 50 watter lately, but not for any other reason than curiosity, it will be different for sure given the 6V6 vs EL34 thing, bigger everything but that's not necessarily needed fro me. Might hit up Rick to see if he could build a 50 in the MC25 size, that would be ideal. Reality is though there isn't a single thing the MC25 can't / wont cover in my own situation. Magic fricking amp :rock: :rock: :rock:

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 17, 2018 8:19am 
Journeyman NOOB

+1 on the MC25.

I have a 100 watt MCII and MTL. I bought an MC25 as a more portable rig. Yes, the 100 watt amps have more push, as you would expect. However, that MC25 is indeed a monster. Although I have no plans to sell any of my Wizards, I'm finding that I'm playing the MC25 the most as of late since I typically like to practice with the amp that I gig.