Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sat, Oct 20, 2018 7:38pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: NAD_Uberschall Rev Blue
PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13, 2018 11:19pm 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
I have wanted to play an Uber for far too many years, so I picked one up and have to say these things are insane.

Image


I've been gassing for an Uber since about 2007 and can't believe it took this long for me to finally give one a shot. I have to admit upon first plugging in when it arrived I was a bit underwhelmed. Part of it was probably that I had built it up for so long in my head that expectations were just set too high, but the bulk of why it was somewhat underwhelming was due to the tubes that were in it I believe. JJEL34 and all JJ preamps except for the Sovtek LPS in the last slot.

I've never noticed major tone changes in most my previous amps when swapping tubes be they power or preamp tubes. I was all set to give up on the Uber and move it on down the road, but something in me said to give it a shot with this amp. I'm really glad I did, because after popping in some JJ KT77 power tubes and a bunch of Chinese 12ax7B preamp tubes it's more or less everything I thought the Uber would be. It sounded like a fairly generic metal tone before swapping tubes and did not have near enough attack nor clarity for me, and now it has more of a unique character I think, and it's tighter and more articulate for sure. I'm happy :D

I was in contact with several buds on here and the cool dude who sold me the amp, and they all made some great eq suggestions urging me to spend some time with the amp given its reputation for having such a strange eq response. I think I had that aspect dialed in and while the eq is fairly unconventional, I think the tube change is what yielded most of the desired tone change.

This amp is capable of the most ridiculously saturated yet articulate tones! It also gets a great thunderous roar with the gain dialed back between 10--->11 o' clock. There's a surprising number of variations on the core tone considering there's not a bunch of switches and extra knobs. Oddly when pushing the gain beyond noon it not only becomes ultra saturated and thick but the amp seems to get tighter in its attack as opposed to turning to mush. There is an amazing amount of clarity possible and a nice sag to the power section. I am "clean" boosting with a ts9 as I do every amp and without the boost the amp is essentially unusable for my tastes. However with the boost it's simply awesome.

This amp has one of the thickest and deepest low end frequency responses I think I've come across. Wicked metal tones. It rumbles the world around you as if a wrecking ball has struck the building.

SUPERSONIC INDEED :rock: :rock: :rock:

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Last edited by MetalHeadMike on Fri, Jun 15, 2018 8:23am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13, 2018 11:56pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Sep 10, 2017 1:50pm
Posts: 1091
Are you human?: 951
Glad you're enjoying the Uber! They are completely over the top, but you're right... the wealth of different but equally great tones is astonishing. The EQ might be unconventional, but it's also a really powerful tool. I agree about your choice of tubes, too. They really did make a world of difference with this amp. Those KT77s are amazing in it, just what it needed, IMHO. The preamp tubes make a really big difference, too. Seems to love most if not all varieties of Chinese 12AX7s. It's truly a masterpiece of an amp!

I can see why some people compare them to older Rectos, but that's only one of the things the Uber does well. I've gotten some killer high gain Marshall tones, too. And, I found the clean channel to be quite useable, although I've hear a lot of complaints about it. It's a metal amp, how much time does anyone spend on the clean channel, anyway?? ;)

Too bad you had to let the Shiva go, but completely understandable with that Wizard. All three of those amps just make you grin when you play them... at least the two I have. Can't wait to get a Wizard!

Now, you've got to at least try a good Mark III Blue Stripe... ;)

So have you hooked both the Uber and the Wizard up at the same time?? That combo might demolish buildings (all the more reason to try it, I think). ;)

In any case, congratulations! You've got another world class heavy weight of an amp there!! Glad to see you're still being smart and using the high tech cooling, ventilation, jet fuel delivery, and heat sink system!! :lol: :LOL:

Rock on!!

_________________
:rock: :rock: :rock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 12:35am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Tue, Jan 05, 2016 8:26pm
Posts: 1338
Location: Green dumpster behind the Waikiki 7-11
Are you human?: 951
Jesus dude, you are on a roll! Grats man! Post some samples!

_________________
Cheesy home recordings -> https://soundcloud.com/faka-894685110

Daisy Rock Les Paul - Skulls & Roses (14-7803)
First Act Arrow Electric Guitar Pack with Amp - Red
Gorilla GG-10 (Hand wired) with master volume mod by Voodoo Amps


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 7:06am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Jun 22, 2011 10:40pm
Posts: 607
Are you human?: 951
Ubers are so fun to play. My only gripe is that I wish the gain could be dialed back for more of a rock tone without sounding wimpy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 7:11am 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
ChurchHill wrote:
Glad you're enjoying the Uber! They are completely over the top, but you're right... the wealth of different but equally great tones is astonishing. The EQ might be unconventional, but it's also a really powerful tool. I agree about your choice of tubes, too. They really did make a world of difference with this amp. Those KT77s are amazing in it, just what it needed, IMHO. The preamp tubes make a really big difference, too. Seems to love most if not all varieties of Chinese 12AX7s. It's truly a masterpiece of an amp!

I can see why some people compare them to older Rectos, but that's only one of the things the Uber does well. I've gotten some killer high gain Marshall tones, too. And, I found the clean channel to be quite useable, although I've hear a lot of complaints about it. It's a metal amp, how much time does anyone spend on the clean channel, anyway?? ;)

Too bad you had to let the Shiva go, but completely understandable with that Wizard. All three of those amps just make you grin when you play them... at least the two I have. Can't wait to get a Wizard!

Now, you've got to at least try a good Mark III Blue Stripe... ;)

So have you hooked both the Uber and the Wizard up at the same time?? That combo might demolish buildings (all the more reason to try it, I think). ;)

In any case, congratulations! You've got another world class heavy weight of an amp there!! Glad to see you're still being smart and using the high tech cooling, ventilation, jet fuel delivery, and heat sink system!! :lol: :LOL:

Rock on!!

^^^
Thanks bud! I realy like what the KT77 bring to this amp. I will try it with the E34L as well at some point. I thought about a marriage of the Uber and Wizard, I need to figure out how to do that. Yeah gonna have to sweep that chimney, its probably getting sooted up with all the fire and smoke these amps put out :lol: :LOL:

errrrrl wrote:
Jesus dude, you are on a roll! Grats man! Post some samples!

^^^
Thanks dude! I know man but there will be some of the others hitting the classifieds here shortly to compensate. I'll see about some clips of both maybe this weekend.

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 7:19am 
Offline
Rock God

Joined: Sun, Mar 25, 2012 6:51pm
Posts: 6607
Location: Wi
Are you human?: 951
errrrrl wrote:
Jesus dude, you are on a roll! Grats man! Post some samples!

Right??

Congrats!!
:rock:

_________________
Many Toys in my Attic


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 10:32am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Oct 13, 2006 2:49pm
Posts: 2207
Location: westcoast woodshed
Are you human?: 951
Bxlxaxkxe wrote:
Ubers are so fun to play. My only gripe is that I wish the gain could be dialed back for more of a rock tone without sounding wimpy.


I run a Paul Gilbert Detox EQ with output way low into my Uber dirty channel and I think it works out OK for this. Give it a try I think you will be pleasantly surprised.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 10:55am 
Offline
Apprentice NOOB
User avatar

Joined: Tue, Feb 20, 2018 10:41am
Posts: 107
Are you human?: 951
Congrats! Thats a great amp.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 11:05am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Sat, Dec 13, 2014 12:57pm
Posts: 474
Are you human?: 951
PRS wrote:
Congrats! Thats a great amp.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 6:46pm 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
Bxlxaxkxe wrote:
Ubers are so fun to play. My only gripe is that I wish the gain could be dialed back for more of a rock tone without sounding wimpy.

^^^
I didn't buy it for rock n' roll, but out of curiosity I'll have to whip out the LP and see what rock tones its capable of.

PRS wrote:
Congrats! Thats a great amp.

^^^
Thanks man! It's turning out to be a keeper I do believe.

Racerxrated wrote:
errrrrl wrote:
Jesus dude, you are on a roll! Grats man! Post some samples!

Right??

Congrats!!
:rock:

^^^
I know, I know right! I quit my career back in 2013 and went back to school and completely changed gears and finally graduated last May and landed a new job back in September. I have been back to work for 9 months now after being a broke dick college student for 4 years. This is my way of rewarding myself for my 4.0 GPA ;) , or maybe its my way of dealing with mid life crisis :lol: :LOL:

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 9:38pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Nov 18, 2011 3:22pm
Posts: 347
Are you human?: 951
I always come back to the Uber, i like the way they react to my playing. Try some EH 6CA7's if you can, they sound the best in my amp. I compared them to JJ's E34L and KT77's.

Congrats man, it's a killer amp!

_________________
Good Deals With: Metlupass2, espdna, jayd41, NewWorldMan, Snave, SLOgriff


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 10:13pm 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
Metal1977 wrote:
I always come back to the Uber, i like the way they react to my playing. Try some EH 6CA7's if you can, they sound the best in my amp. I compared them to JJ's E34L and KT77's.

Congrats man, it's a killer amp!


Thanks man! I am digging it for sure :rock: I will definitely put the EH 6CA7's on the list to try.

What characteristics do you like better with those tubes in the Uber vs. the JJ E34L or KT77?

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 10:49pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Nov 18, 2011 3:22pm
Posts: 347
Are you human?: 951
MetalHeadMike wrote:
Metal1977 wrote:
I always come back to the Uber, i like the way they react to my playing. Try some EH 6CA7's if you can, they sound the best in my amp. I compared them to JJ's E34L and KT77's.

Congrats man, it's a killer amp!


Thanks man! I am digging it for sure :rock: I will definitely put the EH 6CA7's on the list to try.

What characteristics do you like better with those tubes in the Uber vs. the JJ E34L or KT77?


They all sound good!

I got mine with E34L in it, i think it's the typical sound you should expect from the Uber. More mids, my guess is you could get more crunchy rock tone out of it with these tubes and the gain knob dialed back.

Then i tried the KT77's, to me they sound too much like a Recto in the Uber. Not a bad thing but i have only 2 amps, a Recto and a Uber. Kind of a 6L6 more than a EL34.

The Electro-Harmonix 6CA7's are more Metal to me. A big low-end but tight and smooth highs. More polish or produced sound than the KT77's, if it's what you want.

Mine is a Rev 2 but it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

_________________
Good Deals With: Metlupass2, espdna, jayd41, NewWorldMan, Snave, SLOgriff


Last edited by Metal1977 on Thu, Jun 14, 2018 11:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 11:16pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Sep 10, 2017 1:50pm
Posts: 1091
Are you human?: 951
Metal1977 wrote:
I always come back to the Uber, i like the way they react to my playing. Try some EH 6CA7's if you can, they sound the best in my amp. I compared them to JJ's E34L and KT77's.

6CA7s are the next tube I want to try in mine. One of my friends, who builds amps, swears by these tubes, but I've been dragging my feet. So far, for me, the KT77s are the best in mine (early rev 2). I can see the Recto comparison, though (and you're right, not a bad thing).

_________________
:rock: :rock: :rock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 11:19pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Nov 18, 2011 3:22pm
Posts: 347
Are you human?: 951
ChurchHill wrote:
Metal1977 wrote:
I always come back to the Uber, i like the way they react to my playing. Try some EH 6CA7's if you can, they sound the best in my amp. I compared them to JJ's E34L and KT77's.

6CA7s are the next tube I want to try in mine. One of my friends, who builds amps, swears by these tubes, but I've been dragging my feet. So far, for me, the KT77s are the best in mine (early rev 2). I can see the Recto comparison, though (and you're right, not a bad thing).


You should definitely try them :rock: Make sure you buy the Electro-Harmonix.

_________________
Good Deals With: Metlupass2, espdna, jayd41, NewWorldMan, Snave, SLOgriff


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 11:39pm 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
Cool! I'll definitely put them on the list. Thanks!

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 5:11am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Sat, Jun 24, 2006 7:16pm
Posts: 267
Location: Columbus, OH
Are you human?: 951
Man, you're really working your way through the high gain monsters. What's next on your list to try?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 8:34am 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
Metal1977 wrote:
I got mine with E34L in it, i think it's the typical sound you should expect from the Uber. More mids, my guess is you could get more crunchy rock tone out of it with these tubes and the gain knob dialed back.

^^^
I think I might pop some E34L in there today.

indespise wrote:
Man, you're really working your way through the high gain monsters. What's next on your list to try?

^^^
A two channel Peters---->Bodyhammer/Firehammer EDIT: After talking with James he informed me that two different channels are not possible.
James is gonna be calling me today to discuss what I'm after. I've been intrigued by his amps for a while now, and so far from several email conversations it sounds like both of these designs will be right up my alley.

Then someday I'd like to try a Driftwood Purple Nightmare, and eventually I will get another Herbert. I had one a couple years ago, but only for about a month before returning it to GC. It had issues. But that amp has haunted me since and I will have another someday.

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Last edited by MetalHeadMike on Fri, Jun 15, 2018 10:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 11:32am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker

Joined: Tue, Aug 13, 2013 5:50pm
Posts: 1190
Location: NYC
Are you human?: 951
MetalHeadMike wrote:
Metal1977 wrote:
I got mine with E34L in it, i think it's the typical sound you should expect from the Uber. More mids, my guess is you could get more crunchy rock tone out of it with these tubes and the gain knob dialed back.

^^^
I think I might pop some E34L in there today.

indespise wrote:
Man, you're really working your way through the high gain monsters. What's next on your list to try?

^^^
A two channel Peters---->Bodyhammer/Firehammer
Peter is gonna be calling me today to discuss what I'm after. I've been intrigued by his amps for a while now, and so far from several email conversations it sounds like both of these designs will be right up my alley.

Then someday I'd like to try a Driftwood Purple Nightmare, and eventually I will get another Herbert. I had one a couple years ago, but only for about a month before returning it to GC. It had issues. But that amp has haunted me since and I will have another someday.

I’m also very curious about the Body Hammer. I used to own a Peters FSM and heard the Body Hammer is supposed to tighter and more aggressive, so that sounds pretty promising.

I used to own a Driftwood Purple Nightmare and wasn’t too impressed to be honest. It was too polite sounding. It didn’t have the growl of my other amps or get as tight. It was definitely a solid, high quality amp, but there just wasn’t anything particularly amazing about it. I think your Wizard would smoke it

Some guys also rave about the cleans on the Driftwood, but I thought the cleans on my mark iic+ and wizard mtl are much better


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 2:31pm 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
braintheory wrote:
I’m also very curious about the Body Hammer. I used to own a Peters FSM and heard the Body Hammer is supposed to tighter and more aggressive, so that sounds pretty promising.

I used to own a Driftwood Purple Nightmare and wasn’t too impressed to be honest. It was too polite sounding. It didn’t have the growl of my other amps or get as tight. It was definitely a solid, high quality amp, but there just wasn’t anything particularly amazing about it. I think your Wizard would smoke it

Some guys also rave about the cleans on the Driftwood, but I thought the cleans on my mark iic+ and wizard mtl are much better

^^^
Well I just got off the phone with James and had about a 2 hour conversation about amps and life in general. Great guy! The Bodyhammer sounds bad ass, but he also will be making what's called the Firehammer which is kind of in between the Firejack and the Bodyhammer from what I gather. Lots of great choices!

Good to know about the Purple Nightmare! I don't like polite sounding amps :no:

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 2:46pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker

Joined: Tue, Aug 13, 2013 5:50pm
Posts: 1190
Location: NYC
Are you human?: 951
MetalHeadMike wrote:
braintheory wrote:
I’m also very curious about the Body Hammer. I used to own a Peters FSM and heard the Body Hammer is supposed to tighter and more aggressive, so that sounds pretty promising.

I used to own a Driftwood Purple Nightmare and wasn’t too impressed to be honest. It was too polite sounding. It didn’t have the growl of my other amps or get as tight. It was definitely a solid, high quality amp, but there just wasn’t anything particularly amazing about it. I think your Wizard would smoke it

Some guys also rave about the cleans on the Driftwood, but I thought the cleans on my mark iic+ and wizard mtl are much better

^^^
Well I just got off the phone with James and had about a 2 hour conversation about amps and life in general. Great guy! The Bodyhammer sounds bad ass, but he also will be making what's called the Firehammer which is kind of in between the Firejack and the Bodyhammer from what I gather. Lots of great choices!

Good to know about the Purple Nightmare! I don't like polite sounding amps :no:

Well it’s also a bit relative when I say polite. I find the Friedman’s polite when compared to older Marshall’s or Cameron modded Marshall’s, which sound a lot more raw and pissed off, but lots of guys still obviously love the Friedman’s

Honestly, I found the FSM I had to also be a bit too polite for my taste, but I heard that the Body Hammer is supposed to be more aggressive and like it’s not holding back compared to the FSM, so I’m very curious about it and the Fire Hammer sounds cool since I also liked the Gryphon model


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 3:27pm 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
braintheory wrote:
Well it’s also a bit relative when I say polite. I find the Friedman’s polite when compared to older Marshall’s or Cameron modded Marshall’s, which sound a lot more raw and pissed off, but lots of guys still obviously love the Friedman’s

Honestly, I found the FSM I had to also be a bit too polite for my taste, but I heard that the Body Hammer is supposed to be more aggressive and like it’s not holding back compared to the FSM, so I’m very curious about it and the Fire Hammer sounds cool since I also liked the Gryphon model

^^^
Makes sense. Its that smooth polished gain structure and mids voicing compared to the more raw ragged gain structure and growling or snarling mids voicing. I prefer the later most of the time.
^^^
Yeah from the description and talking with James it sounds like the Bodyhammer would be the logical choice for me. I told him I like very focused, tight, punchy amps and he said definitely the BH. Somehow in our emails back and forth Exodus came into conversation and today when talking to him it was mentioned again that if aggressive thrash stuff was my goal, stuff similar to old Exodus, he said the Bodyhammer nails it. He said the BH can be set to be really punchy but also that it can be set to be a bit more round, or maybe set to have less of a focused attack if so desired. Sounds like a cool amp!

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 8:25pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 09, 2010 10:45pm
Posts: 2992
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Are you human?: 951
Damn bro. Congrats! Now you gotta come to my place and hear the difference between the Rev blue and the rev Green. While you're at it you need to bring that freakin Wizard!!! :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 9:53pm 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
Gsxrbusa wrote:
Damn bro. Congrats! Now you gotta come to my place and hear the difference between the Rev blue and the rev Green. While you're at it you need to bring that freakin Wizard!!! :D


Thanks man! Yeah the Uber is really growing on me. It's gotta be the warmest high gainer I've owned, yet it still manages to come off extremely pissed off and metal sounding. Such a thick, chewy, deep thunderous tone :rock:

Next time I get down to CO, up in MT now, I'll pack the Wizard :thumbsup:

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Last edited by MetalHeadMike on Fri, Jun 15, 2018 11:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 10:26pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Sep 10, 2017 1:50pm
Posts: 1091
Are you human?: 951
I'd love to hear that Wizard, too! Without meaning to be too presumptuous by inviting myself, I'd bring my Mark III, Rev Green, Herbert, and meet you there. :)

_________________
:rock: :rock: :rock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 11:24pm 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
ChurchHill wrote:
I'd love to hear that Wizard, too! Without meaning to be too presumptuous by inviting myself, I'd bring my Mark III, Rev Green, Herbert, and meet you there. :)

^^^
I'm pretty sure Tom's hosted more than one ampfest, and I probably wouldn't be too out of line saying it could come to fruition if enough beer and whiskey was offered :cheers:

I'd LOVE to hear that blue stripe :rock: And to really give the Herbert a proper spanking would be epic :rock: :rock: :rock:

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16, 2018 12:45am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Sep 10, 2017 1:50pm
Posts: 1091
Are you human?: 951
Sounds like a damn fine idea!!

:cheers:

_________________
:rock: :rock: :rock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16, 2018 9:18am 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
^^^
^^^
Paging Tom???

I'm planning on flying out of Denver sometime this fall maybe winter either around Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. I could plan on staying an extra day in CO and bring the Wizard. I'd bring some other amps, but I'm pretty sure you guys already have what I'm sitting on other than the MCII :lol: :LOL:

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16, 2018 1:29pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Sep 10, 2017 1:50pm
Posts: 1091
Are you human?: 951
I'd have to look at my work calendar, but I'm pretty sure that November is shot for me. Any time after Thanksgiving through the new year is good, though. Not sure about earlier in October.

_________________
:rock: :rock: :rock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16, 2018 4:42pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 09, 2010 10:45pm
Posts: 2992
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Are you human?: 951
MetalHeadMike wrote:
^^^
^^^
Paging Tom???

I'm planning on flying out of Denver sometime this fall maybe winter either around Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. I could plan on staying an extra day in CO and bring the Wizard. I'd bring some other amps, but I'm pretty sure you guys already have what I'm sitting on other than the MCII :lol: :LOL:



Sorry bro, been traveling all day. On a plane as we speak. :confused: :)

That could totally work. Just need to figure out the details. :rock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16, 2018 5:27pm 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
Gsxrbusa wrote:
MetalHeadMike wrote:
^^^
^^^
Paging Tom???

I'm planning on flying out of Denver sometime this fall maybe winter either around Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. I could plan on staying an extra day in CO and bring the Wizard. I'd bring some other amps, but I'm pretty sure you guys already have what I'm sitting on other than the MCII :lol: :LOL:



Sorry bro, been traveling all day. On a plane as we speak. :confused: :)

That could totally work. Just need to figure out the details. :rock:



Right on :rock: :rock: :rock:
See if we can't pull something together :rock: :rock: :rock:

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16, 2018 5:32pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 09, 2010 10:45pm
Posts: 2992
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Are you human?: 951
MetalHeadMike wrote:
Gsxrbusa wrote:
MetalHeadMike wrote:
^^^
^^^
Paging Tom???

I'm planning on flying out of Denver sometime this fall maybe winter either around Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. I could plan on staying an extra day in CO and bring the Wizard. I'd bring some other amps, but I'm pretty sure you guys already have what I'm sitting on other than the MCII :lol: :LOL:



Sorry bro, been traveling all day. On a plane as we speak. :confused: :)

That could totally work. Just need to figure out the details. :rock:



Right on :rock: :rock: :rock:
See if we can't pull something together :rock: :rock: :rock:



:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16, 2018 10:33pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Aug 26, 2016 11:59am
Posts: 251
Are you human?: 951
You've been wanting one of these for awhile, congrats! I still love mine but agree about goosing the front with the boost of your choice. EQ's are well documented, and i love rolling my presence knob back to like 8 or 9 oclock.

Enjoy brother, and lemme know your opinion on the bass response vs your FB100. I feel like the engl out-balls it, but the uber has a smooth grind. Dunno haha

_________________
2018 Goldfinger Phi
199x Peavey 5150 Combo
2016 Roland JC 120
2016 Uberschall Rev Blue w/ Uberkab
2016 Deluxe Reverb Reissue w/ custom ext cab
2013 EVH 50w w/ 2 1x12 cabs Ivory
1998 Marshall DSL 100w / Peavey 5150 4x12 cab
1994 Crate 1x12 combo w/ DOD Grunge pedal


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16, 2018 11:06pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Sep 10, 2017 1:50pm
Posts: 1091
Are you human?: 951
Well, my son-in-law has a FB100 and I've got a Rev Green. He brought his FB over last weekend and we half-seriously did a little comparison. Now it could have been his cab (Marshall 4x12 w/T75s) vs the Uberkab (2xT75s+2xV30s), but the Uber made the house shake. Maybe I'll get him to bring it back tomorrow and re-test with the same cab. I think his tubes are getting worn, too. Still, both amps had tons of lows, but the Uber had more. Just my experience, though, and it wasn't even close to being a definitive test.

_________________
:rock: :rock: :rock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16, 2018 11:44pm 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
misterspockyall wrote:
You've been wanting one of these for awhile, congrats! I still love mine but agree about goosing the front with the boost of your choice. EQ's are well documented, and i love rolling my presence knob back to like 8 or 9 oclock.

Enjoy brother, and lemme know your opinion on the bass response vs your FB100. I feel like the engl out-balls it, but the uber has a smooth grind. Dunno haha

^^^
Thanks man!!! Definitely needs the low end trimmed to tighten her up and add some attack. I wish I still had the FB100 to compare side by side. But going off memory I'd say the Uber definitely has a MUCH bigger low end response. I do agree that the Uber has a smooth grind, but I think its got just as much punch to it. The Uber's low end is deep like the Herbert.

ChurchHill wrote:
Well, my son-in-law has a FB100 and I've got a Rev Green. He brought his FB over last weekend and we half-seriously did a little comparison. Now it could have been his cab (Marshall 4x12 w/T75s) vs the Uberkab (2xT75s+2xV30s), but the Uber made the house shake. Maybe I'll get him to bring it back tomorrow and re-test with the same cab. I think his tubes are getting worn, too. Still, both amps had tons of lows, but the Uber had more. Just my experience, though, and it wasn't even close to being a definitive test.

^^^
I agree that the Uber will rattle your house on it's foundation. I don't remember the FB100 having near the deepness nor girth in the low end. It was now slouch by any stretch and it had significant bass response, just not Uber big.

I just swapped out the Duncan Distortion bridge and put the Painkiller back in and I'm amazed at how different it sounds. I didn't think they were worlds apart when I pulled the PK and installed the DD a few months ago, but they sure seem different now. Maybe its jsut this noticable with the Uber and the MCII :dunno:

The PK seems to have more of a low mid grunt that I don't remember it having with my other amps. Still a ton of upper mid grind, but definitely more low mids present playing through the Uber and the Wizard :confused: It sounds way more modern through these two amps than the DD with insane amounts of midrange crunch and grind. TIGHT and ARTICULATE! I have to re-learn how to play this beast :rock:

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018 12:00am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Sep 10, 2017 1:50pm
Posts: 1091
Are you human?: 951
Well, this is good news! I put in an order for a Painkiller last week. It'll probably be here sometime around the middle of next month. Going to put it in one of my Explorers that currently has a Miracle Man set in it. Not that the MMs aren't good, they're don't have enough mids for me, just too scooped sounding. Really looking forward to hearing what it can do with my Uber and Herbert!

I agree, too. The Uber has deep low end like the Herbert. My Uber has more low-mids and is more saturated, but it and the Mark III (or the pre-amps with the Simul-Class 395) are the only amps that even come close. That 395 is a killer!!

_________________
:rock: :rock: :rock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018 8:06am 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 09, 2010 10:45pm
Posts: 2992
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Are you human?: 951
MetalHeadMike wrote:
Gsxrbusa wrote:
MetalHeadMike wrote:
^^^
^^^
Paging Tom???

I'm planning on flying out of Denver sometime this fall maybe winter either around Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. I could plan on staying an extra day in CO and bring the Wizard. I'd bring some other amps, but I'm pretty sure you guys already have what I'm sitting on other than the MCII :lol: :LOL:



Sorry bro, been traveling all day. On a plane as we speak. :confused: :)

That could totally work. Just need to figure out the details. :rock:



Right on :rock: :rock: :rock:
See if we can't pull something together :rock: :rock: :rock:





ChurchHill wrote:
I'd have to look at my work calendar, but I'm pretty sure that November is shot for me. Any time after Thanksgiving through the new year is good, though. Not sure about earlier in October.







Here is a sample of what we can jam on. :confused:

Churchil, where do you live?


Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018 8:57am 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
^^^
:worship: :inlove: :shocked: :worship: :D Now I have to go :jerkit:

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018 11:39am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Sep 10, 2017 1:50pm
Posts: 1091
Are you human?: 951
I'm just outside of Kansas City.

Nice collection, too!! I'll try to get some pics or at least of list of what I've got that I could bring. Definitely some Boogies, a few other things, too. I'd love to hear that Juno if you get it by then!

_________________
:rock: :rock: :rock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018 4:44pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 09, 2010 10:45pm
Posts: 2992
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Are you human?: 951
MetalHeadMike wrote:
^^^
:worship: :inlove: :shocked: :worship: :D Now I have to go :jerkit:


Damn right you do! :lol: :LOL:


ChurchHill wrote:
I'm just outside of Kansas City.

Nice collection, too!! I'll try to get some pics or at least of list of what I've got that I could bring. Definitely some Boogies, a few other things, too. I'd love to hear that Juno if you get it by then!


Cool! Would love to see what you have to bring, as I am always interested in new/different stuff. :doh: :) The only amps I didn't show were the Hughes & Kettner Coreblade and the Grandmeister 40 Deluxe, since they are at the practice space. We should make this happen. :rock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018 4:59pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Sep 10, 2017 1:50pm
Posts: 1091
Are you human?: 951
Yeah, we should definitely make this happen! I was thinking about bringing a couple of Bogners, maybe the 20th Shiva, 101B, and my Uber. Maybe a couple of Boogies, Mark III Blue, Quad/295, Studio/395. Probably my Herbert. There's a pretty good chance that between now and then, I'll pick up either a Wizard of my own or a Helios (maybe the Eclipse, maybe not), possibly both.

I'll try to get some pics tonight... been doing some major rearranging, made a lot of progress today.

_________________
:rock: :rock: :rock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 22, 2018 4:21pm 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
Just swapped a Painkiller bridge back in my guitar from the Duncan Distortion that was in there. I'm realizing that the DD may just be the pup for me these days due to the added compression vs. the PK but my god the Painkiller, KT77 power section, and all Chinese preamp tubes make for an ultra aggressive and surprisingly tight Uber experience. Good brutal fun for sure :rock:

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 22, 2018 4:59pm 
Offline
Rock God Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Wed, May 16, 2007 4:39pm
Posts: 4974
Location: Las Vegas
So what are the settings on the Uber?

_________________
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I have some stuff and junk...

Gear Demos from a Guy Who Loves Gear!!!

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 22, 2018 6:00pm 
Online
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1847
Are you human?: 951
JerEvil wrote:
So what are the settings on the Uber?


Master volume=Ears bleeding
Ch Volume=3 o' clock
Presence=1 o' clock
Treble and Mids@ 11 o' clock
Bass=noon
Gain anywhere <---> 10 and 1 o'clock sounds great depending on how much saturation I'm in the mood for :rock:

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: azzzy, Google [Bot], MetalHeadMike, technomancer and 53 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group - Terms of Use