Found this pretty interesting is all.

https://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/brainwa ... zmenov.htm

The linked video has been removed but I think this is it

"It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission"

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 10, 2018 7:29pm 
Supah Stah

Are you human?: 951
Interesting article.

Meanwhile Russia is being demoralised with heroin and krokadil (moonshine heroin using codeine), which they reckon comes from Islamic countries to the south as part of narco-terrorism.

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 10, 2018 7:31pm 
Supah Stah

I could challenge the article's Behaviourist views too, because while classical and operant conditioning can persist they can also be overridden given enough intervention and support. You basically require a need that is deeper than what they "think" they need.

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 15, 2018 10:56am 
Rock God

Yeah idk much about it. Seems believable to me.

Especially " What it basically means is: to change the perception of reality of every American that despite of the abundance of information no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interest of defending themselves, their families, their community, and their country."

IMO Americans today are F***ed. Weather it is because of something like this or not I have no idea.

Anyway I completely forgot about the new rules here. While I would not consider this something to start a left vs right argument or anything like that it is about some type of politics so my apologies. Just thought it was interesting.

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 15, 2018 11:28pm 
Supah Stah

petejt wrote:
I could challenge the article's Behaviourist views too, because while classical and operant conditioning can persist they can also be overridden given enough intervention and support. You basically require a need that is deeper than what they "think" they need.

Agreed.

I'll attempt to make my response free of all politics and only include behavioral comments.

The interviewee suggests that brainwashing is only happening to one group of people and that only they are afflicted by the inability to change their minds when presented with compelling evidence. In my experience, about 80% of ALL the people in this country are relatively closed-minded and unwilling to listen to evidence that contradicts their worldview. The shocking part is that many of these people believe that they are thinking critically and have come to conclusions by evaluating all the facts when the opposite is often true.

This phenomenon is not due to any influence by a foreign government - it's our own pride and laziness. We are so in love with our own opinions that we rarely give credence to evidence against them. We also tend to accept as supporting evidence unverified statements or claims that support our opinions, and we are less likely to evaluate them closely to determine their accuracy.

This is why we are so divided. People have their heels dug in so deeply and don't want to give an inch. Meanwhile, the people in power are laughing at us because we are so easy to control.

Great transactions with: King Guitar, gainzilla, pstar, BIGKAHUNA, manray03, QueenCityGuitars, ttosh, Jimmie, lolzgreg, mystidream, bwgintegra, truthhurts318, locoed, Marshallman, gibson5413, Wizard of Ozz, goldwing68nv, ConcreteVampire, rrtiludrop, zuel69, sjk, axegod8185, caseygree, 61reissue, Spaceboy, Gainfreak, ChadVanHalen, 232cap, barnesjd, smdb.

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 16, 2018 9:00am 
Rock God

squank wrote:
petejt wrote:

Agreed.

I'll attempt to make my response free of all politics and only include behavioral comments.

The interviewee suggests that brainwashing is only happening to one group of people and that only they are afflicted by the inability to change their minds when presented with compelling evidence. In my experience, about 80% of ALL the people in this country are relatively closed-minded and unwilling to listen to evidence that contradicts their worldview. The shocking part is that many of these people believe that they are thinking critically and have come to conclusions by evaluating all the facts when the opposite is often true.

This phenomenon is not due to any influence by a foreign government - it's our own pride and laziness. We are so in love with our own opinions that we rarely give credence to evidence against them. We also tend to accept as supporting evidence unverified statements or claims that support our opinions, and we are less likely to evaluate them closely to determine their accuracy.

This is why we are so divided. People have their heels dug in so deeply and don't want to give an inch. Meanwhile, the people in power are laughing at us because we are so easy to control.

But where do you think our own pride and laziness comes from? I have a pretty good guess on how this Country became so lazy. Just saying, the old school folk were the farthest thing from lazy. The ones I knew anyway.

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 28, 2018 7:41pm 
Supah Stah

maddnotez wrote:
squank wrote:
petejt wrote:

Agreed.

But where do you think our own pride and laziness comes from? I have a pretty good guess on how this Country became so lazy. Just saying, the old school folk were the farthest thing from lazy. The ones I knew anyway.

Sorry, I didn't respond earlier. I've been off forums for a bit due to work/school demands.

I think pride is hardwired into almost all of us. Socialization helps us keep it in check publicly. But the societal changes created by the internet have practically destroyed our person to person discussions, and that divides us in damaging ways. We have lost the empathy that comes from personal interaction with people who disagree with us, so we no longer see them as good people who generally want to solve the same problems we do, but only differ on how to do it.

We create our own echo chambers which rarely challenge our positions. Then, after time, we settle comfortably into them. Confirmation bias happens and we rarely notice it. We hang out with people who share our views, and we say shockingly horrible things online about people who disagree with us politically, dismissing them as deranged. We devolve into the "our" side is smart/rational/correct and "their" side is stupid/unpatriotic/wrong.

I should have clarified in my earlier comments that when I say we are lazy, I mean we have become intellectually lazy. Many of these people are hardworking, but lots of them are unwilling to regularly challenge their own views. I'm a veteran, and my friends and relatives who are Vietnam and Korea war vets are wonderful people who sacrificed greatly for this country. I deeply respect their sacrifices. Those traits are, however, completely separate from their desire (or lack of) to think critically about political or legal positions. I find these older folks have settled so deeply into their views that absolutely nothing can move them. These kinds of voters are the easiest to manipulate by sleazy politicians. They respond in a Pavlovian manner to very little stimulus.

Great transactions with: King Guitar, gainzilla, pstar, BIGKAHUNA, manray03, QueenCityGuitars, ttosh, Jimmie, lolzgreg, mystidream, bwgintegra, truthhurts318, locoed, Marshallman, gibson5413, Wizard of Ozz, goldwing68nv, ConcreteVampire, rrtiludrop, zuel69, sjk, axegod8185, caseygree, 61reissue, Spaceboy, Gainfreak, ChadVanHalen, 232cap, barnesjd, smdb.