Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Tue, Mar 26, 2019 6:27pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WTB: Cameron Aldrich Mod
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14, 2019 6:38am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Are you human?: 951
On the lookout.... Prefer 100 watt. Only interested in a modded Marshall.

Thanks!

Smooth transactions with: CharFace, Guitaradict, londaxe, jcj, Fortin Amps, steve_k, Tone Monster, Psychodave, Braciola, Suhrimmetal

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 15, 2019 10:28pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

There's one on reverb now.

https://reverb.com/item/17671016-mark-c ... mp-aldrich

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 16, 2019 5:24am 
Rock God

Equ1nox wrote:

:lol: :LOL: great price :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 16, 2019 6:06am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

LP Freak wrote:
Equ1nox wrote:

I'll pay a fair price, but not $4K. Amp looks cool though.

Smooth transactions with: CharFace, Guitaradict, londaxe, jcj, Fortin Amps, steve_k, Tone Monster, Psychodave, Braciola, Suhrimmetal

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 16, 2019 7:03am 
Rock God

johnpace2 wrote:
LP Freak wrote:
Equ1nox wrote:

I'll pay a fair price, but not $4K. Amp looks cool though.

I sold mine about a year ago go for $1800

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 16, 2019 10:29am 
Rock God

Seller is a member here. The listing has been aging :yes:

gbsmusic,Ignoramus,RipleyRipley,WizardOzz,Spaceboy,Tonmazz,Sjk,warhead78,
fuzzyguitars,bwgintegra,Bluplirstand,londaxe,* velcro-fly *Parap14 and at least 25 more

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 16, 2019 11:24am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Equ1nox wrote:

Aldrich should have 4 preamp tubes... unless one is hiding on the inside.

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), RKnight (S: Mesa Mark IV), and many more.

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 16, 2019 12:11pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

glip22 wrote:
Seller is a member here. The listing has been aging :yes:

I know some folks are willing to sell at a certain price and that's cool with me. Just means they are fine keeping it unless they get that high price.

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 16, 2019 1:15pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

That’s a pretty good Aldrich, used to be mine at one point. I added the metro loop when I had it. If it was 2k I’d buy it back. And the Aldrich mod only uses 3 preamp tubes as it uses a plate fed tone stack no cathode follower. That amp is the real deal.

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 17, 2019 6:51am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Wizard of Ozz wrote:
Equ1nox wrote:

3 12AX7’s is all that is needed and all that were used on all three of my owned Cameron Aldrich’s as it is a “non-cathode follower” design. This I do know to be a fact.

I built one for fun and exercise based off of the three Cameron’s I owned. It sounded close to the last Aldrich I owned but I don’t have Mark’s ears. I pulled the work out and built a completely different non-cathode follower design I call the SoCaliDonda. I would never attempt to build it not to mention sale a copy as Mark is my friend.

Some Aldrich’s have a second gain pot to aid in shaping the gain. Others have had an extra tube added for either a loop or added clean channel.

Mark told me there are only 3 three channel Aldrich’s in existence. One was in Hawaii.

At least one other RT member and I have owned a 2 channel version. A few of us owned one which actually had a 5 way rotary switch on it for an assorted choice of caps. Mark likes doing new things and creating new assemblies and circuit designs.

This was Marks first circuit he claims is 100% his intellectual property and it is indeed very unique in its lay out.

David

Hopkins "Pandora" & "MorningStar"

Hopkins "SoCaliDondo"

Hopkins "Jose"

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 17, 2019 3:39pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

NewReligion wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
Equ1nox wrote:

3 12AX7’s is all that is needed and all that were used on all three of my owned Cameron Aldrich’s as it is a “non-cathode follower” design. This I do know to be a fact.

I built one for fun and exercise based off of the three Cameron’s I owned. It sounded close to the last Aldrich I owned but I don’t have Mark’s ears. I pulled the work out and built a completely different non-cathode follower design I call the SoCaliDonda. I would never attempt to build it not to mention sale a copy as Mark is my friend.

Some Aldrich’s have a second gain pot to aid in shaping the gain. Others have had an extra tube added for either a loop or added clean channel.

Mark told me there are only 3 three channel Aldrich’s in existence. One was in Hawaii.

At least one other RT member and I have owned a 2 channel version. A few of us owned one which actually had a 5 way rotary switch on it for an assorted choice of caps. Mark likes doing new things and creating new assemblies and circuit designs.

This was Marks first circuit he claims is 100% his intellectual property and it is indeed very unique in its lay out.

David

I’m familiar with the design... but mine had 4 and no fx loop. Suhr’s version (which Doug is currently using live and in the studio) also has 4. Not saying it can’t be done with 3, mine and another I’ve played both had 4. YMMV. Caveat Emptor.

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), RKnight (S: Mesa Mark IV), and many more.

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 17, 2019 4:24pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Wizard of Ozz wrote:
NewReligion wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
Equ1nox wrote:

David

I’m familiar with the design... but mine had 4 and no fx loop. Suhr’s version (which Doug is currently using live and in the studio) also has 4. Not saying it can’t be done with 3, mine and another I’ve played both had 4. YMMV. Caveat Emptor.

I should have stated I was responding to the “Cameron” designed Aldrich mod (for sale on Reverb for $4,200) which at one time was also called the Norum mod by a few guys. This is the mod Mark did to his amp(s) early on when he was still playing live in order to get more gain. They were 3 tube 4 triode plus PI non cathode follower amp circuits.

I believe the later Old Bitch takes on this designed produced by others using Mark’s name were based on the non cathode design.

Google Cameron Old Bitch schematic.

I am not familiar with what Suhr has developed for Doug Aldrich.

David

Hopkins "SoCaliDondo"

Hopkins "Jose"

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19, 2019 10:16pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

1-Channel Cameron Aldrich is 3 tubes, 4 gain stages,no CF, tonestack, PI, and power section. If additional tube, it should be for extra channel or fx loop or both, but the lead design, that's it.

I've owned all of Mark's amps INCLUDING the 3-channel from Hawaii! It's now on this side of the pond now, not in Hawaii (3 were produced), but I sold it some time ago. The channels were Plexi/HG Jose/Aldrich.

The Old Bitch is/was supposed to be basically the production version of the Aldrich-MOD. Same topoggraphy in the preamp, but was actually a hybrid Friedman/Cameron overall and (wrongly) built with flawed transformers (hot and hummed) by Metropolous, so not a real Cameron as in his ground-up builds.

NewReligion wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
Equ1nox wrote:

David

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 19, 2019 11:39pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

johnpace2 wrote:
On the lookout.... Prefer 100 watt. Only interested in a modded Marshall.

Thanks!

EDIT

Perhaps he can hook you up. :thumbsup:

Hopkins "SoCaliDondo"

Hopkins "Jose"

Last edited by NewReligion on Mon, Jan 21, 2019 9:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 21, 2019 8:16pm 
Supah Stah

http://www.guitargearforum.com/forum/vi ... 25&t=44493

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=185018

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 21, 2019 8:35pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Steinmetzify wrote:
http://www.guitargearforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=44493

That's Reza's... there's no guarantee it is an Aldrich and somebody else messed with it as there is an extra outlet on the back that Mark didn't do. The clip that was posted also seems fuzzier than most Aldrich clips I've heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVfpqeaQoLg

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 22, 2019 6:22am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

technomancer wrote:
Steinmetzify wrote:
http://www.guitargearforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=44493

That's Reza's... there's no guarantee it is an Aldrich and somebody else messed with it as there is an extra outlet on the back that Mark didn't do. The clip that was posted also seems fuzzier than most Aldrich clips I've heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVfpqeaQoLg

Thanks. That one seemed a bit off to me.