Diezel Paul - cleans vs Fender and drive channels vs XTC

diezelboy

Reaching out to all Diezel Paul amp owners or previous owners? How close do the cleans come to Fender cleans and if they come close what kind of clean tones is it close to? Deluxes? Bassman?Tweeds?
For me it's important to have shimmery clean tone for funk blues and low gain rock tones.
From a drive channel perspective can you get nice low gain thick tones of CH2 kinda like a Bogner Ecstasy or do you have to up the gain to get thicker tones?

I like the features on it and the the quality that Diezel is known for. I'm not a metal guy but I love the tone wide spectrum that is covers. I have heard the clips and they sound great. Just wanted to her an "in person" opinion.
Thanks

IMHO, the Hagen has the most incredible cleans out of all the heavy hitting Diezels. Hard to describe them - they're "pristine crystalline" through to bell like and piano - all EQ adjustable. But the "pristine crystalline" is to me, flattening.

I love the KT88 loaded Shiva's cleans (the 20th Anni version) - totally different tone - the fullest roundest most "massive" sounding cleans I've experienced with immense girth and kick. Warmer by nature compared to the Diezel, but 10/10 for each amp in a different way.

XTC's cleans can get crispy and sizzly depending on the EQ and gain; they can get gloriously dirty... But before the dirt, they stay chimey and crisp. Can't speak directly on the Paul, can't recall hands on experience.

Back