Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Thu, Mar 21, 2019 9:53pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 16, 2019 10:42am 
Supah Stah

Are you human?: 951
Best 1X12 Combo Tube Amp Hands Down for under $200.00, Shipped, Brand New, I actually paid $190.00.
I saw some you tube reviews, they looked and sounded good, I just wanted a grab and go combo, I've had it for a week and I love it more every day. Best tube amp purchase for the cash I ever made.
It's a 15 watt with a 1 watt push button, 2-EL84 power tubes and 3 12AX7 pre's, it has a Celestion Seventy 80 Speaker, spring reverb with a on off jack, no pedal included. Effects loop, I haven't tried that yet not really an effects guy,Speaker out jack.
Is it and end all be all amp, well of course not, but for the money it is an incredible deal and sounds pretty F'ing good, I couldn't be happier.

So say goodnight to the bad guy!

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 16, 2019 12:57pm 
Rock God

Wow that looks like a nice amp for the bedroom, and with a power amp to slave to maybe even a gigging rig..have to check them out!

Last edited by Racerxrated on Sat, Mar 16, 2019 5:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 16, 2019 3:19pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Damn the quality in the pictures looks like its worth well over $200..very nice.

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 16, 2019 11:26pm 
Rock God Trainee

They are all the rage on TGP...

• Marshall JVM 210H
• EVH 5150 III 50w
• Peavey JSX
• PRS MT15
• Peavey XXX
• MESA Trad. 412
• Schecter, LTD & Fender
• Celestion Vintage 30s

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 17, 2019 4:18pm 
Journeyman NOOB

I used to own a Laney Cub 15 1x12 combo amp for awhile. I bought mine used from Guitar Center for around $230 which was a great deal. The amp has the usual British style 4 band EQ of bass/midrange/treble/ tone (presence), has a pair of EL-84 power tubes and was more of a rock amp than a clean pedal platform type of amp for me. It had a good rock tone, but I ended up selling it as I already owned a Soldano Astroverb 16 combo amp at the time and wanted a different kind of amp in my collection.

The Monoprice Stage Right 15 watt 1x12 combo amp is basically the same amp as the Laney Cub 15 1x12 combo amp minus the white tolex and white front panel with graphics. It's a good deal for a simple, cheap tube combo amp, if you don't mind the amp breaking up quick.

Guitar George

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 17, 2019 5:29pm 
Supah Stah

Hamer95USA wrote:
I used to own a Laney Cub 15 1x12 combo amp for awhile. I bought mine used from Guitar Center for around $230 which was a great deal. The amp has the usual British style 4 band EQ of bass/midrange/treble/ tone (presence), has a pair of EL-84 power tubes and was more of a rock amp than a clean pedal platform type of amp for me. It had a good rock tone, but I ended up selling it as I already owned a Soldano Astroverb 16 combo amp at the time and wanted a different kind of amp in my collection.

The Monoprice Stage Right 15 watt 1x12 combo amp is basically the same amp as the Laney Cub 15 1x12 combo amp minus the white tolex and white front panel with graphics. It's a good deal for a simple, cheap tube combo amp, if you don't mind the amp breaking up quick.

Guitar George

What do you expect for $190.00, A laney cub 15 watt combo is $449.00 at musicians friend right now.

So say goodnight to the bad guy!

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 17, 2019 7:11pm 
Journeyman NOOB

Marshall Law wrote:
Hamer95USA wrote:

Guitar George

What do you expect for $190.00, A laney cub 15 watt combo is $449.00 at musicians friend right now.

Buy used online for under $250 and play it with a big smile on your face!

Guitar George

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 18, 2019 2:07pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

no built in cupholder? I'll pass

Mesa Tremoverb
Metropoulos SuperPlex
Orange 4x12's
Fender CS Teles
Gibson CS Les Pauls
James Tylers