Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sat, Aug 08, 2020 12:40pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fortin Sigil
PostPosted: Tue, Jan 07, 2020 3:58pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Are you human?: 951
I don't mind the naming, but the prices are enough to keep me away from Fortin's stuff.

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 07, 2020 4:10pm 
Rock God

swamptrashstompboxes wrote:
Beyond Black wrote:
Beyond Black wrote:
errrrrl wrote:
bionicmark wrote:
What's with all the satan & demon references to his amps? Way to slim down your demographic. -_-

I don't mind it so much personally. It brings me back to the days I used to buy vinyl. A lot of what I bought had satan and demon references :lol: :LOL:

Exactly! Man the fuck up, it’s metal for fucks sake!!! :lol: :LOL: If an amps name is too evil for somebody, they’re probably not going to like it’s evil tones either, thus they wouldn’t buy it with any name.

Need I display my Slayer vinyl collection?

My point is its just a easy tag and there could be some other element to the name. Just kind of tacky to me. IMO YMMV.

I feel ya. It’s all good bro. Different strokes. :thumbsup:

BUT... It's better than "Prison Butt Rape mkii" lol. Could be worse. Haha

Sounds like my dream amp.

"It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission"

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 07, 2020 4:45pm 
Supah Stah

Beyond Black wrote:
Beyond Black wrote:
errrrrl wrote:
bionicmark wrote:
What's with all the satan & demon references to his amps? Way to slim down your demographic. -_-

I don't mind it so much personally. It brings me back to the days I used to buy vinyl. A lot of what I bought had satan and demon references :lol: :LOL:

Exactly! Man the fuck up, it’s metal for fucks sake!!! :lol: :LOL: If an amps name is too evil for somebody, they’re probably not going to like it’s evil tones either, thus they wouldn’t buy it with any name.

My point is its just a easy tag and there could be some other element to the name. Just kind of tacky to me. IMO YMMV.

Now there’s an amp I wouldn’t buy because of the name! Well played, sir.

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 07, 2020 6:25pm 
Supah Stah

Beyond Black wrote:
Beyond Black wrote:
Beyond Black wrote:
errrrrl wrote:
bionicmark wrote:

Thank you kind sir.

FRAMUS Dragon
FRYETTE Sig:X.
MESA:, mkIVb, Tremoverb, Subway Blues, and .22 GEQ.
MUSICMAN 100RD.
ORANGE Rockerverb 50mki.
RIVERA K100 and K-TRE.
SPLAWN: Promod, Nitro KT88 and Supersport 6V6.
[BUILDS]: 5F1, JTM45, 1974x

IN PROCESS: AB165. AA763 Bandmaster.

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 07, 2020 6:57pm 
Supah Stah

Beyond Black wrote:
Beyond Black wrote:
Beyond Black wrote:
errrrrl wrote:
bionicmark wrote:

Thank you kind sir.

I don't blame you guys! I heard the Mk1 of that amp has a SIGNIFICANTLY tighter bottom end.

Guitars: ESP NY 48th Street Custom --- Bernie Rico Jr. Hesperian-7 (Thin Body) --- KxK Sii-7 --- 2013 Ormsby HypeMachine --- 2014 Ormsby HypeMachine --- Custom Ormsby build... --- Jillard Guitars Empress 7-string --- B.C. Rich Custom Mockingbird 7-string --- Lazarides One-Off

Amps/Cabs: Steavens Poundcake 25th Anniversary --- Diezel VH4 w/Kruse Kontrol DeKompression mod --- Baron K88 DHG --- Mesa Boogie JP2C --- Fortin Meshuggah --- Titan 2-ch Preamp --- Titan Custom 4-ch Preamp (awaiting build) --- Original Egnater ie4 --- Fryette GP3 --- Fryette Black Beauty 2/56/2 --- Mesa 2:100 --- Fryette Fat Bottom 2x12 (P50E) --- Mahalo 2x12 (ET65)

Misc/Effects: EMB Audio Pedal Wah --- VFE Standout

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 07, 2020 8:16pm 
Apprentice NOOB

Qweklain wrote:
Beyond Black wrote:
Beyond Black wrote:
Beyond Black wrote:
errrrrl wrote:
bionicmark wrote:

Thank you kind sir.

I don't blame you guys! I heard the Mk1 of that amp has a SIGNIFICANTLY tighter bottom end.

Yeah but i also heard the top end sags down to its ankles..

Peavey 6505+
KSR Gemini
Wizard MC 50w
Mesa 4x12

Maxon OD808
Airis Savage Drive
Fortin Zuul
Strymon Bigsky

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 10, 2020 1:30am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

An affordable Fortin? Now that's a hell of a selling point.

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 10, 2020 2:12am 
Rock God

Metal1977 wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
Really looking forward to the Hex Drive. Love it in the Neural amp sims. Interested to see how it translated in the real world. I meant, it's a TS so...

What you like about the Hex Drive that is different than other OD's? I'm curious about this one.

Well I base it off preferring the software version in the Nameless and NTS Suite to the Grind that’s also on those.

Gear Demos from a Guy Who Loves Gear!!!

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://dunkysndemos.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 10, 2020 9:25am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

JerEvil wrote:
Metal1977 wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
Really looking forward to the Hex Drive. Love it in the Neural amp sims. Interested to see how it translated in the real world. I meant, it's a TS so...

What you like about the Hex Drive that is different than other OD's? I'm curious about this one.

Well I base it off preferring the software version in the Nameless and NTS Suite to the Grind that’s also on those.

I saw Jason's (Killertone) Hex Drive clip yesterday, i really like the clean boost until clipping feature. Plus the Tube Screamer mid bump working as a knob makes it pretty versatile, i'm definitely getting one.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 10, 2020 3:04pm 
Rock God

Metal1977 wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
Metal1977 wrote:
JerEvil wrote:

I saw Jason's (Killertone) Hex Drive clip yesterday, i really like the clean boost until clipping feature. Plus the Tube Screamer mid bump working as a knob makes it pretty versatile, i'm definitely getting one.
Thanks!

Yeah man. I'll have a vid of Jason;s new sig amp and the pedal from NAMM for sure.

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 10, 2020 5:59pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

JerEvil wrote:
Metal1977 wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
Metal1977 wrote:
JerEvil wrote:

Thanks!

Yeah man. I'll have a vid of Jason;s new sig amp and the pedal from NAMM for sure.

I really dig your last year NAMM clips, i look forward to see your new stuff. :rock:

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 11, 2020 3:48pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Sig Amp?

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 11, 2020 4:58pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

apophis wrote:
Sig Amp?

Yeah , lets hear more about that !

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 11, 2020 5:11pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Evil Pumpkin production version

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 11, 2020 6:09pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

So was just reading the pumpkin is a "Hulk mod " lol in a superlead chasis...based on the Natas aparently ? So a Natas and a Marshall baby ? Pumpkin Pie ? What

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 11, 2020 7:12pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

the4thlast1 wrote:
So was just reading the pumpkin is a "Hulk mod " lol in a superlead chasis...based on the Natas aparently ? So a Natas and a Marshall baby ? Pumpkin Pie ? What

It started off as a Hulk modded Marshall but it was tweaked and reworked a couple times into a unique one off from there. I don't recall the Hulk being related to the Natas, but who knows :lol: :LOL:

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 11, 2020 7:34pm 
Supah Stah

the4thlast1 wrote:

I played Jason’s Evil Pumpkin next to a Natas a few years ago. Definitely nothing alike. I wasn’t a big fan of the Natas at all at that time.

Cabs: Wizard/Fryette

Great Transactions - Click Here:
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=64423

Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 11, 2020 7:41pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

mhenson42 wrote:
the4thlast1 wrote:

I played Jason’s Evil Pumpkin next to a Natas a few years ago. Definitely nothing alike. I wasn’t a big fan of the Natas at all at that time.

What were your thoughts on the Pumpkin? I want to get on the list, would be great to hear from people who have played it

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 11, 2020 8:31pm 
Supah Stah

DeathbyButterslax wrote:
mhenson42 wrote:
the4thlast1 wrote:

What were your thoughts on the Pumpkin? I want to get on the list, would be great to hear from people who have played it

It was a long time ago, 4-5 years, my tastes have changed since then. I remember liking it. Played it through Jason’s VHT Fat Bottom cab With V30S he had I think. Was super tight and percussive and cutting. I can’t remember much more than that. I was into darker amps back then. At the time I brought my CCV and a modded JVM (MM Transformer/choke) plus we had some other amps that I can’t remember. Jason set it up so we could try the Natas and most didn’t like it next to the other amps. The JVM won they day for a few of us believe it or not. I should never have sold that one.

Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 11, 2020 9:18pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

mhenson42 wrote:
DeathbyButterslax wrote:
mhenson42 wrote:
the4thlast1 wrote:

It was a long time ago, 4-5 years, my tastes have changed since then. I remember liking it. Played it through Jason’s VHT Fat Bottom cab With V30S he had I think. Was super tight and percussive and cutting. I can’t remember much more than that. I was into darker amps back then. At the time I brought my CCV and a modded JVM (MM Transformer/choke) plus we had some other amps that I can’t remember. Jason set it up so we could try the Natas and most didn’t like it next to the other amps. The JVM won they day for a few of us believe it or not. I should never have sold that one.

Thanks man, appreciate it. Sounds like it’s worth the gamble to snatch one up

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 12, 2020 8:37am 
Supah Stah

DeathbyButterslax wrote:
mhenson42 wrote:
DeathbyButterslax wrote:
mhenson42 wrote:
the4thlast1 wrote:

Thanks man, appreciate it. Sounds like it’s worth the gamble to snatch one up

Yeah. I'd probably love it today. Only problem is the production EP will probably come with an orange headshell. Though that can be easily rectified as I did with my Cali....

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 12, 2020 9:41am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Just my opinion but there’s no way Fortin would waste time and money on a production release of a one-off orange amp that almost no one knows or cares about.
He’s already got the Sigil and Hex drive confirmed for NAMM. That’s a ton of work and planning just for those two products alone.

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 12, 2020 9:48am 
Rock God

Wizard of Ozz wrote:
sutepaj wrote:
What exactly is the "Fortin Grind"? I have heard this term used, but I don't really know what it means.

It is the sound your bowels make after you play the Fartin amp you just bought after reading all the hype. It begins with mild stomach discomfort, followed by spontaneous uncontrollable flatulence... reminiscent of a bad late night TacoBell $.99 bean burrito made by any angry teenager without gloves and bad personal hygiene. It ends with the emptying out of your stomach contents via projectile diarrhea when you realize you've been had... and paid far too much for an over-hyped, repackaged, non-original, lifted amp design with '90s looking aggro Afflication graphics and demonic name... that was ghost built in another country, by some other unknown, un-named amp company... finally realizing much like your stomach your wallet is also now empty.

Feel the Grind. Fartin Amplication.

(all Fartin amps are hand-built in Canada by magical elves... until our customers can prove otherwise and then we go silent)
:doh: :no: :aww:

:lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Had to chuckle at this. Too funny.

Listen, Mike is good people that would take care of any issues personally, a few yrs back. It's too bad that this 'Fortin Army' BS marketing shit has gone the way it has. Then this 'hyper pricing' for a non original circuit that is just a rehashed Jose, or Aldrich...the unfortunate price that is paid for his brand now results in most posts here just mocking the cash grab that seems to be happening. I know he's gotta make money, capitalism, etc etc I get it. But I can't tell you how many guys here just get completely turned off by the BS marketing strategy. Guys that dare criticize? Banned from the FB page. Get the fuck outta here. Who the hell do you think you clowns are?? I've talked with Mike when I needed help guiding my tech to replace a transformer in a Cali Ceriatone yrs back; he's a super nice guy. I just can't imagine he's ok with the way his brand 'marketing' has turned off so many dudes.

Oh well. I do wish Mike well. Sounds like a cool amp that might actually be affordable.

1972 JMP Super Tremolo 1959T
HH M900
Roland SDE 3000 X2
79 1960A w/65s
74 1960A w/GBs
Mesa Standard V30 cab
Mesa Halfback 4x12 w/EV/C90s
Peavey Butcher Cab w/K85s
2009 Charvel USA Candy Plum SoCal
1984 Charvel San Dimas
1988 Jackson Soloist
1984 Greco JS65 Sykes LP
1985 Ibanez Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 12, 2020 4:19pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

nigelpkay wrote:
Just my opinion but there’s no way Fortin would waste time and money on a production release of a one-off orange amp that almost no one knows or cares about.
He’s already got the Sigil and Hex drive confirmed for NAMM. That’s a ton of work and planning just for those two products alone.

It sounds like your opinion is wrong, they’ve all but confirmed it’s happening. And I’m sure it’ll sell

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 13, 2020 10:17am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

DeathbyButterslax wrote:
nigelpkay wrote:

It sounds like your opinion is wrong, they’ve all but confirmed it’s happening. And I’m sure it’ll sell

Doesn’t make business sense to me, but I’ll gladly be wrong.
Many more people would be interested in a Natas/Satan, don’t know if the Sigil is that or if it’s own variation on the circuit.

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 13, 2020 12:50pm 
Rock God

DeathbyButterslax wrote:
nigelpkay wrote:

It is absolutely happening and Jason and I will be doing a vid of it from NAMM like we did with the Cali.

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 13, 2020 12:59pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

JerEvil wrote:
DeathbyButterslax wrote:
nigelpkay wrote:

It is absolutely happening and Jason and I will be doing a vid of it from NAMM like we did with the Cali.

Awesome can’t wait Jer, this is the one I’ve been waiting for haha

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 13, 2020 1:02pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

nigelpkay wrote:
DeathbyButterslax wrote:
nigelpkay wrote:

Many more people would be interested in a Natas/Satan, don’t know if the Sigil is that or if it’s own variation on the circuit.

Yeah that’s fair, I just hope it doesn’t end up costing 5000usd. I hope the Sigil is a smaller Natas, even though he’s claiming it is not

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 13, 2020 1:58pm 
Supah Stah

Racerxrated wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
sutepaj wrote:
What exactly is the "Fortin Grind"? I have heard this term used, but I don't really know what it means.

It is the sound your bowels make after you play the Fartin amp you just bought after reading all the hype. It begins with mild stomach discomfort, followed by spontaneous uncontrollable flatulence... reminiscent of a bad late night TacoBell $.99 bean burrito made by any angry teenager without gloves and bad personal hygiene. It ends with the emptying out of your stomach contents via projectile diarrhea when you realize you've been had... and paid far too much for an over-hyped, repackaged, non-original, lifted amp design with '90s looking aggro Afflication graphics and demonic name... that was ghost built in another country, by some other unknown, un-named amp company... finally realizing much like your stomach your wallet is also now empty.

Feel the Grind. Fartin Amplication.

(all Fartin amps are hand-built in Canada by magical elves... until our customers can prove otherwise and then we go silent)
:doh: :no: :aww:

:lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Had to chuckle at this. Too funny.

Listen, Mike is good people that would take care of any issues personally, a few yrs back. It's too bad that this 'Fortin Army' BS marketing shit has gone the way it has. Then this 'hyper pricing' for a non original circuit that is just a rehashed Jose, or Aldrich...the unfortunate price that is paid for his brand now results in most posts here just mocking the cash grab that seems to be happening. I know he's gotta make money, capitalism, etc etc I get it. But I can't tell you how many guys here just get completely turned off by the BS marketing strategy. Guys that dare criticize? Banned from the FB page. Get the fuck outta here. Who the hell do you think you clowns are?? I've talked with Mike when I needed help guiding my tech to replace a transformer in a Cali Ceriatone yrs back; he's a super nice guy. I just can't imagine he's ok with the way his brand 'marketing' has turned off so many dudes.

Oh well. I do wish Mike well. Sounds like a cool amp that might actually be affordable.

+1000000 to all of this.

If Fartin was just up front and mentioned somewhere that this amp is his take on "X, Y, or Z circuit..." and "the amps will be built by A or B... and assembled and shipped from whichever country"... then that would be a different thing.

Dishonest, is dishonest. And then when called out on it... the builder has nothing to say? Really?!? C'mon man. For what you are charging people, you have to be honest and up-front about what exactly they are buying, the specs, who is building it, and where it is being built.

I don't think too many people would be happy to find that their shiny new $4000 Fartin was built in China by child-labor when it wasn't disclosed before purchasing it.

I personally don't have time nor energy to deal with this sort of shady business model. To each their own.

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), RKnight (S: Mesa Mark IV), LunatiBSW (S: Wizard MCII) and many more.

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 13, 2020 2:48pm 
Golden Ears

Burp

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 13, 2020 3:41pm 
Supah Stah

nigelpkay wrote:
DeathbyButterslax wrote:
nigelpkay wrote:

Sure it does. When you run out of ideas you just redo what you’ve already done. Trust me, it happens all of the time. Take your same design, make a few tweaks and call it something else. Ta daaaa!

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 13, 2020 5:42pm 
Supah Stah

psychodave wrote:
nigelpkay wrote:
DeathbyButterslax wrote:
nigelpkay wrote:

Sure it does. When you run out of ideas you just redo what you’ve already done. Trust me, it happens all of the time. Take your same design, make a few tweaks and call it something else. Ta daaaa!

But, but, but... Mark Fartin would NEVER do that. He is an honest, upfront, trustworthy builder? Right... oh... wait a mintue. I thought we were talking about someone else. LOL!

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), RKnight (S: Mesa Mark IV), LunatiBSW (S: Wizard MCII) and many more.

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 15, 2020 7:22pm 
Hack

Here is a closeup.

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 15, 2020 8:58pm 
Apprentice NOOB

looks like an air conditioner lol

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 8:54am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Was better a rack mount.

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 9:19am 
Apprentice NOOB

Is MetroAmps still building this thing and the evil pumpkin or do we have a new proxy builder in the mix?

Peavey 6505+
KSR Gemini
Wizard MC 50w
Mesa 4x12

Maxon OD808
Airis Savage Drive
Fortin Zuul
Strymon Bigsky

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 9:20am 
Supah Stah

it looks awful but I suppose that doesn't really matter. What is it supposed to sound like? What kind of circuit is in there?

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 11:31am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Fitrocker33 wrote:
Is MetroAmps still building this thing and the evil pumpkin or do we have a new proxy builder in the mix?

Metro only built the later Meshuggahs.

Not sure who is doing the newer amps, but the address on the current Calis is listed as Babylon NY. Build quality on the Cali looked decent from the gut shots I saw.

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 11:41am 
Apprentice NOOB

technomancer wrote:
Fitrocker33 wrote:

Not sure who is doing the newer amps, but the address on the current Calis is listed as Babylon NY. Build quality on the Cali looked decent from the gut shots I saw.

Whered you find a cali gutshot? Ive been trying to find one to no avail. Link?

Peavey 6505+
KSR Gemini
Wizard MC 50w
Mesa 4x12

Maxon OD808
Airis Savage Drive
Fortin Zuul
Strymon Bigsky

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 1:04pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I can assure you the Cali is built meticulously and heavy duty.
Very clean and robust.

AMPS: 2019 Fortin Cali #23 / 2019 Bogner Uberschall
CABS: Friedman 412:15 / Bogner UberKab 412FL / Avatar Custom FL412
LEFTY AXES: Mayones / ESP / Bunkman / Fender / Ovation USA

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 1:43pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Sigil MSRP is $1250 according to Fortin IG page.

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 1:51pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Fitrocker33 wrote:
technomancer wrote:
Fitrocker33 wrote:

Whered you find a cali gutshot? Ive been trying to find one to no avail. Link?

Guy I know that owns one sent it to me, not my amp or photo so can't really share it, sorry.

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 1:56pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

https://www.fortinamps.com/product/sigil/

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 2:23pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

The specs are rad

|Alexander, Effectrode, Pigtronix, and Wampler FX|

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 2:46pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

I dig it, looks rad for what it is. Really surprised by the price

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 3:19pm 
Apprentice NOOB

MSRP $1200 per the Fortin IG

Peavey 5150 II
EVH 5150 III 50 Watt EL34
Rivera Knucklehead K Tre
Mesa Boogie Mark V 90

4x12 Cabs:
Marshall MF400 Slant & Straight Full Stack

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Silverburst '06
Gibson Les Paul Studio '92
Gibson SG Moon Inlay '03
Jackson Monarkh
ESP LTD BK600
ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Natural Burst
ESP LTD Viper 400
Fernandes Vertigo Deluxe

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 3:41pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Just bought a Hex Drive from his web site, it’s up now.
Sigil not available yet, wish it wasn’t 6V6.
Also there are cab descriptions in the online store as well for a 4x12, 2X12, and 1x12!
https://www.fortinamps.com/shop/

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 4:00pm 
Journeyman NOOB

Looking forward to hearing this. Just heard a phone clip of the evil pumpkin and it sounds amazing.

ESP Custom Shop V
Handbuilt Acoustic & Electric

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 8:07pm 
Rock God Trainee

I wish the Sigil had big glass like the MT PRS lunchbox or Marshall offerings. Could still be cool though...

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16, 2020 8:34pm 
Rock God

That price is great. Wondering how 20w of Fortin would hang with a band.

"It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next