Victory VX100 Kraken clip

halebox

I've kept this amp for a while for its versatility.
VX100 Kraken and my newer Schecter usa masterbuilt Sunset Custom
Stainless steel frets
Roasted maple neck
Ash body
4X12 aftershock cab with vintage 30's and G1275 mix

Everything you play through Hale you still sound like you, amp sounds great as well. I was wondering if the guy from Cornford amp was working for Victory and I looked it up, yup, Martin Kidd is designing for Victory. I would imagine it has about the same DNA as the Cornford MkII or so.

I liked your Naylor Duel clips, that amp really sounded mean, almost Cameronish kind of grind.

Yeah I had a Cornford M50H, this feels different from what I remember and prefer it. Yeah that Naylor was sweet but didnt work for me live with 2 guitar band and clean side was meh. The Kraken works very well for live for me.

Amazing sounds, tight and dark, modern but with something that reminds me the 80's gain! :D :rock: :rock:
The guitar is very sexy! The pickups are high output pickups??

I've heard some pretty awesome in-room clips of this amp, and this is one of the. The IR clips I've heard were not nearly as good. Great playing and tone, man.

crankyrayhanky":1kj0m334 said:
Cool!
I usually don't care for Schecter but I really Dig that axe too!
I don't either but the custom shop stuff is not even the same company. Its more along the lines of Suhr Tom Anderson

Was going to make a post about this exact clip. Amp sounds killer - I hear a knod to Marshall territory but the extra bite is welcoming!

glpg80":ysy56kvy said:
Was going to make a post about this exact clip. Amp sounds killer - I hear a knod to Marshall territory but the extra bite is welcoming!
Thanks! I also think this oddball big 4x12 makes amps sound huge

I went back and listened to this clip (and great playing) and I really dig the sound. What speakers are in that cab? Also, was that on Gain 1 or Gain 2 and was the preamp mode engaged??

Junk Yard Dog":14v7pzlx said:
I went back and listened to this clip (and great playing) and I really dig the sound. What speakers are in that cab? Also, was that on Gain 1 or Gain 2 and was the preamp mode engaged??
Vintage 30s and g1275 mix. I think everything is at 2 o clock, masters are at 9 o’clock? Preamp mode? You mean the focus (built in ts9)? I started with that on and then turned off later. Started with gain 2 then gain 1 after then clean then back

The focus switch is also a great feature , it acts very much like a tubescreamer with the level up and gain down. So you get tighter bass and more saturated gain with it engaged. Its probably the first built in boost on an amp I've liked.

Back