NAD: C+ KG

Bxlxaxkxe

Amp ho
Fresh off the truck. Heavy bastard and louder n hell if you’re not careful. Huge sonic footprint though of course. Sounds delicious here in the room.

ByUA5OKl.jpg

9R9mdtKl.jpg

Headed to a jam session now but did this real quick:

Yea I’ve been listening to the Lugo shootouts lately :LOL: :LOL:

:rock: :rock: :rock:

C+ Coliseum...King of the Monsters right there. No better High Gain Amp. Ever.

Huge congrats, and welcome to the club. There's only 80 something of us.

You got lucky finding a KG! Is it A/B or Simul? If it's A/B, and if it's like mine & Racer's, the half power switch is a pentode / triode switch. Put it on full power (pentode), master volume on 5 and then control the volume with the limit knob. Start with it on 10 and work up slow.

...Also I ran my KRG at band practice tonight and A/Bd the onboard GEQ vs. the ParaEQ. All the guys & I agree the ParaEQ CRUSHED it.

Nice.

If we all lined up our amps and got to try them all out, your amp would win most of the time.

:rock: Best, amp, ever! :rock:

One thing to mention: if it is Simul then it’s non switchable back to 6L6 in the middle 2 slots. There is no switchable Simul Coliseum; those 34s are hard wired to those spots so don’t put 6L6s in. All the Coliseum transformers are the same; there aren’t any simulclass Coli transformers.

Appreciate it dudes. Was really not that interested in bringing another C+ into the fold, but the opportunity probably wouldn't have presented itself again in my lifetime.

It's not a simul. In fact, that clip above was in half power. I'm an idiot. Also, deep wasn't pulled. I still like the clip but there's plenty more tones to show.

Found Halebox's non EQ demo on Youtube, but there doesn't seem to be any other clips of this amp around - will fix that over the next few weeks hopefully. This thing is so damn clean.

My tube guy was supposed to come through with 6 Sylvanias for this but hasn't been able to yet. I do have a quad of em leftover from another amp I just sold. Wonder if any particular pair of slots would have more of an effect? Guess I can do some trial and error listening to find out.

I'm an "EQ is a must" person, but I must say, EQ off on this is kinda cool! Way cooler than my DRG. The inherent voicing on this is less boxy and middy. Bigger highs and lows and sounds more saturated as a result. More raw as well. That isn't to say the DRG has taken a backseat. They're both awesome, but definitely different. I like both for sure.

I find pull deep can often be too much for rhythm. YMMV.

The halves are all in parallel so as long as each half matches, and go lower ohm on the ohm jack if you have only 4 tubes installed.

There are some Marks that shine with no EQ. Others (most) are boxy. On the good ones, after a minute you forget the EQ is off.

I sold the last of my C+ when I got my B+ KRG. To me the power section is king.

That is definitely a lifetime achievement amp. I hope for your sake you can get the volume up. Some guys get a Coli & never go over ~110dB, which is unfortunate.

Bxlxaxkxe":13a7jxw2 said:
Appreciate it dudes. Was really not that interested in bringing another C+ into the fold, but the opportunity probably wouldn't have presented itself again in my lifetime.

It's not a simul. In fact, that clip above was in half power. I'm an idiot. Also, deep wasn't pulled. I still like the clip but there's plenty more tones to show.

Found Halebox's non EQ demo on Youtube, but there doesn't seem to be any other clips of this amp around - will fix that over the next few weeks hopefully. This thing is so damn clean.

My tube guy was supposed to come through with 6 Sylvanias for this but hasn't been able to yet. I do have a quad of em leftover from another amp I just sold. Wonder if any particular pair of slots would have more of an effect? Guess I can do some trial and error listening to find out.

I'm an "EQ is a must" person, but I must say, EQ off on this is kinda cool! Way cooler than my DRG. The inherent voicing on this is less boxy and middy. Bigger highs and lows and sounds more saturated as a result. More raw as well. That isn't to say the DRG has taken a backseat. They're both awesome, but definitely different. I like both for sure.
Careful with the Sylvanias...make sure they aren’t too hot. I’ve bought some thinking they will work and they’ve been way too hot to use. The Mesa 415s are picked to fit in range obviously but they are 250 a pair from Mesa, not cheap. But they do add more of a ‘3D’ experience for sure.

Back