Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Thu, Oct 18, 2018 10:43pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 5:13pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Thu, Sep 04, 2008 9:14am
Posts: 4314
Are you human?: 951
I actually clicked on that link
It seemed like the snorkler but kind of an odd 30 seconds

_________________
https://www.reverbnation.com/beforeitwaswritten


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 7:47am 
Offline
Rock God

Joined: Sun, Mar 25, 2012 6:51pm
Posts: 6603
Location: Wi
Are you human?: 951
crankyrayhanky wrote:
I actually clicked on that link
It seemed like the snorkler but kind of an odd 30 seconds

Yeaha that's it. 4010 chassis put in a homebrew headbox, stickers all over..there's a few pics out there of the amp.
Too bad they didn't post a clip or two....

_________________
Many Toys in my Attic


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 10:20am 
Offline
Hack

Joined: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 4:44pm
Posts: 7
Are you human?: 951
What's inside the Snokler is a bit of a secret. The post is not to give away the secret recipe for KFC. That is why people get custom amps made. So it is custom to them. We use the Snorkler on our upcoming album, as well as a Quilter. It is a 1 of a kind amp and in use to this very day for recording purposes. I posted the vid so people can see the 1 and only true Snorkler, not to give away the mods that are not mine to give away. It exists, it is with Ronnie and it is in use. You all can hear it and a Quilter on our record when it is released. We are called Blastfinger and I'll let you all know when our record is going to drop.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 2:54pm 
Offline
Rock God

Joined: Sun, Mar 25, 2012 6:51pm
Posts: 6603
Location: Wi
Are you human?: 951
Scarwalker wrote:
What's inside the Snokler is a bit of a secret. The post is not to give away the secret recipe for KFC. That is why people get custom amps made. So it is custom to them. We use the Snorkler on our upcoming album, as well as a Quilter. It is a 1 of a kind amp and in use to this very day for recording purposes. I posted the vid so people can see the 1 and only true Snorkler, not to give away the mods that are not mine to give away. It exists, it is with Ronnie and it is in use. You all can hear it and a Quilter on our record when it is released. We are called Blastfinger and I'll let you all know when our record is going to drop.

:rock:
Thanks for posting. We all know Bogner modded it, but how exactly? That's the secret sauce....but maybe you can ask Ronnie if the Snorkler or a vintage Bassman was used for the Rhythm parts on Facelift? I always thought it was the Snorkler, but some recent info here suggests the Snorkler was more for leads....
Thanks again.

_________________
Many Toys in my Attic


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 15, 2018 11:26pm 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Tue, Mar 31, 2009 10:30pm
Posts: 7231
Are you human?: 951
Brian does this mod he has seen the I believe

_________________
Greg


My good deal list
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=152117


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16, 2018 1:15am 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:59am
Posts: 3336
gbsmusic wrote:
Brian does this mod he has seen the I believe


That's BS. Don't take my word for it Ronnie C can confirm this.

_________________
Gear Porn with no BS http://www.suckerfreegear.com - (Currently Under Construction)
Youtube Page https://www.youtube.com/user/SuckerFreeGear/videos


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16, 2018 1:49am 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:59am
Posts: 3336
Racerxrated wrote:
Scarwalker wrote:
What's inside the Snokler is a bit of a secret. The post is not to give away the secret recipe for KFC. That is why people get custom amps made. So it is custom to them. We use the Snorkler on our upcoming album, as well as a Quilter. It is a 1 of a kind amp and in use to this very day for recording purposes. I posted the vid so people can see the 1 and only true Snorkler, not to give away the mods that are not mine to give away. It exists, it is with Ronnie and it is in use. You all can hear it and a Quilter on our record when it is released. We are called Blastfinger and I'll let you all know when our record is going to drop.

:rock:
Thanks for posting. We all know Bogner modded it, but how exactly? That's the secret sauce....but maybe you can ask Ronnie if the Snorkler or a vintage Bassman was used for the Rhythm parts on Facelift? I always thought it was the Snorkler, but some recent info here suggests the Snorkler was more for leads....
Thanks again.


No offense to that particular member but unless he posts the E-mails or Ronnie C confirms himself I am going to go with what Jerry says and what is published information in the Alice in Chains book from Ronnie C himself.

_________________
Gear Porn with no BS http://www.suckerfreegear.com - (Currently Under Construction)
Youtube Page https://www.youtube.com/user/SuckerFreeGear/videos


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Tue, Jul 03, 2018 7:30pm 
Offline
Hack

Joined: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 4:44pm
Posts: 7
Are you human?: 951
Hello again! I asked Ronnie about Facelift and yes indeed it's a Bassman! Click the link a few posts back and see Ronnie and the Snorkler. We used it as well as a Quilter on every song we just recorded. We used an SG and a Tele. There were a few different pedals used. If you want to hear the Snorkler live again, you'll hear it on our record.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Tue, Jul 03, 2018 7:38pm 
Offline
Hack

Joined: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 4:44pm
Posts: 7
Are you human?: 951
Hello again! I asked Ronnie about Facelift and yes indeed it's a Bassman! Click the link a few posts back and see Ronnie and the Snorkler. We used it as well as a Quilter on every song we just recorded. We used an SG and a Tele. There were a few different pedals used. If you want to hear the Snorkler live again, you'll hear it on our record. The video wasn't created for this forum! Sheesh! You guys got a snippet of our personal studio footage. We have a lot of it, but for us. Maybe I'll post some more. When you guys record a record you can take all the footage you want and post it all! Back to the studio!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Tue, Jul 03, 2018 8:17pm 
Offline
Rock God

Joined: Sun, Mar 25, 2012 6:51pm
Posts: 6603
Location: Wi
Are you human?: 951
Scarwalker wrote:
Hello again! I asked Ronnie about Facelift and yes indeed it's a Bassman! Click the link a few posts back and see Ronnie and the Snorkler. We used it as well as a Quilter on every song we just recorded. We used an SG and a Tele. There were a few different pedals used. If you want to hear the Snorkler live again, you'll hear it on our record. The video wasn't created for this forum! Sheesh! You guys got a snippet of our personal studio footage. We have a lot of it, but for us. Maybe I'll post some more. When you guys record a record you can take all the footage you want and post it all! Back to the studio!

Hey thanks for the info! We here do enjoy getting info on one of the most chased tones in hard rock...so you can understand the interest...
:rock:

_________________
Many Toys in my Attic


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Sat, Jul 07, 2018 9:16pm 
Offline
Hack

Joined: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 4:44pm
Posts: 7
Are you human?: 951
By the way.... this thread is the only one with inside info. Maybe it's we're Canadian that we appreciate talking, not crapping! Maybe it's because you all are not prickly! :-)
I'll let you guys in on some pedals, amps and how to fool around with them. One secret. The Quilter is solid state but acts like a tube amp, and not with modeling. It acts like a tube amp. We did a 4-minute SG feedback track with our special setting in an old ME-25 without a cab. The feedback was controlled and sustained between the pedal and amp, not buy an actual feedback loop with a cab. It was like science magic!
Then we ran every bass track +After Shock pedal through the snorkler in post!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Sat, Oct 13, 2018 12:25am 
Offline
Hack

Joined: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 4:44pm
Posts: 7
Are you human?: 951
I promised you all a new snorkler track. Fresh from Ronnie with a Quitler to boot. August 2018 https://soundcloud.com/user-167775221/i ... m=facebook


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Sat, Oct 13, 2018 12:44am 
Offline
Hack

Joined: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 4:44pm
Posts: 7
Are you human?: 951
The bass and the solo are snorkled. But sweet. The bass verges on an Ampeg, using the snorkler, and our secret pedal. The guitar is a Me25, the most overlooked pedal. Ronnie and us made a statement with 1 pedal and 2 amps per bass and guitar. NOw for the non nerdy us part. The rest of the record, called Reallife will be released on days. Available on itunes blah blah blah. I tried to talk the lawyer into giving this forum 1 other "snorkler" heavy song. No dice. But, you guys are smart. That rich tone in the main is a Quilter. The snorkler goes sweet on the solo. You can hear the tubes. If you guys decide to get the record..... by the end you will have an emotional experience. This song just hints at what's to come. https://soundcloud.com/user-167775221/i ... m=facebook


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The BFG Snorkler Mod
PostPosted: Sat, Oct 13, 2018 1:59am 
Offline
Hack
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Apr 05, 2017 3:36pm
Posts: 24
Location: San Francisco
Are you human?: 951
Scarwalker wrote:
https://soundcloud.com/user-167775221/im-in-trouble?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook


That...doesn't rock. Not really what anyone is looking to hear played on a legendary Bogner mod.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], overthemountain, Rex Rocker, Rising Farce and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group - Terms of Use