best way to record guitar at home?

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
get one of those torpedo joints or just a sm57 or 58? I have no experience with it and have no idea how to proceed. Everytime I try to record I spend more time trying to figure out how to record and change settings than playing. Then I get pissed and make stupid threads like this. Or bomb other guys threads about recording. I'm like the tourettes guy dealing with this shit.

Highly debated topic..
Golden hot shit Mic Preamp does not cover up shitty mic placement.
I'll take an e906 everytime over a 57.

Depends on what you are wanting to do with the clips.
I have a SM57 + Pod UX1 + Pod Farm + Audacity
But this is much easier.....maybe easier than a phone. Better quality for sure.
4V0581ul.jpg

Last edited:
This is my setup. Behringer uphoria pre. I have Reaper and audacity for daw's. Also have stl amphub and neural . KRK rocket 8's as and headphones. Reaper seems awesome-just don't know anything about it. Me and a buddy are doing Kashmir. I had to play a fuckin click track on my phone while recording my guitar. In addition to that I had to plug in the headphones-place them far away and listen to the actual sound of my guitar being played unamplified to record it because of latency and other issues. Figured out how to record a backing track from youtube. Then while trying to put a track over it...levels were crazy high with clipping. Latency was unfixable. The struggle is real....This is the way....fuck....

This is my setup. Behringer uphoria pre. I have Reaper and audacity for daw's. Also have stl amphub and neural . KRK rocket 8's as and headphones. Reaper seems awesome-just don't know anything about it. Me and a buddy are doing Kashmir. I had to play a fuckin click track on my phone while recording my guitar. In addition to that I had to plug in the headphones-place them far away and listen to the actual sound of my guitar being played unamplified to record it because of latency and other issues. Figured out how to record a backing track from youtube. Then while trying to put a track over it...levels were crazy high with clipping. Latency was unfixable. The struggle is real....This is the way....fuck....
This is why guys like VESMedic were born.

Reaper you need to go into options, then to preferences at the bottom, you’ll see on the left it says device, click on that then you’ll see it says request block size, you need to change that to 32 then there shouldn’t be any latency, you gotta turn it back up to 2056 though if when you are using a lot of plugins during mixing.

I'm an old prison guard with m.s. who has no feeling on his right side trying to find his happy place. but I'm not happy....I'm angry....I'm in a bad place. I'm on the 9th level of recording hell being tortured by the DAWvil....he has the AUDACITY to be the REAPER of my bunghole by shoving that latency pineapple in it....dry....ok I'm done....
I really see nothing wrong with Audacity...if you are just wanting to put a wav or mp3 and record over it, it's a great program.

I'm an old prison guard with m.s. who has no feeling on his right side trying to find his happy place. but I'm not happy....I'm angry....I'm in a bad place. I'm on the 9th level of recording hell being tortured by the DAWvil....he has the AUDACITY to be the REAPER of my bunghole by shoving that latency pineapple in it....dry....ok I'm done....
:hys:
Not laughing at your MS, laughing at the other stuff.

I can’t really comment on the video. I need to get better at that for sure.

regardless, modelers are fantastic for keeping it easy for recording at home. I use fractal products.

I have a UA ox which makes it so freaking easy with an amplifier 🤟🏽.

I’m on lunch break so maybe I’ll finally go downstairs and turn on the computer to post something.

Back