A-Bone (of TGP fame ) has a go fund me page for a serious uninsured illness

Damn that sucks. He’s been unwell for quite a while. He’s a super private dude so things must be getting pretty bad for him to set up something like this

Sort of like trying to make a living out of being a musician. Better off trying to be a pizza, at least a large pizza can feed a family of four.
I’m not sure the likelihood of being a college professor is comparable to that of being a musician. Maybe. I live in a college town. I know a lot of professors that feed their families. And then some.

That said, I also know musicians that make a decent living.

I’m not sure the likelihood of being a college professor is comparable to that of being a musician. Maybe. I live in a college town. I know a lot of professors that feed their families. And then some.

That said, I also know musicians that make a decent living.

I think some musicians have put more effort in over their lives than a college professor. I myself have post grad professional qualifications in accounting. They aren't really worth much now after 35 years for the extra 3 years study. Doing a doctorate and writing a thesis - big deal I could do it I wanted to. I have better things to do with my life.

A relative of mine did a Doctorate with without even having a degree to begin with in a medical field based on some things observed during the course of working. I personally don't think they are always worth the paper they are written on.

Last edited:
Being a college prof is basically the most comfy job possible, if you actually get into that position. That's basically the gist with creative studies, the smart ones realize they are in competition with each other since the only worthwhile job from that degree is teaching. Then if you 'make it' it's six figures for about 4 hours of work a week 5 months a year while you pursue your own shit and bang your students with impunity to getting fired. The job politics in that world are pretty gnarly....bunch of rats, the slimiest people I ever met were in this area, professors, assistant profs, what not.

I’m sure that will help 🙄
9wevKHs.jpg

Back