“Goodbye to Romance” Guitar solo

In honor of the 40th anniversary of Randy Rhoads death. The first song he wrote with Ozzy and one of my favorite guitar solos.

RIP Randy. Your music lives on to inspire generations to come.

Badass! I have a recent desire to learn Randy's solos because ..

I was watching one of those YouTube videos the other day, where a vocal expert critiques the performance of a singer. The song this lady was doing was Crazy Train. She had the usual stuff to say about Ozzy, but the real treat of the video was her facial reactions to Randy's fill-ins and solo. She was dumbfounded by his brilliance. It was most delightful to witness.
The whole video is worth watching, imo, but the funny faces start at 10:00. They're better if you watch the whole thing though. Check it:

The way she reacts and then replays and reacts 4-5 times on the solo is awesome. And then the way the runs at the end blow her mind. Randy is effin legendary.

Last edited:
Awesome job! Randy was my favorite at the time and we an only wonder what else he would have done.

^^Regarding the reaction video, there are a number of those. I've watched a few Daily Dougs (classical composer)...he has one on DOAM.

I was watching one of those YouTube videos the other day, where a vocal expert critiques the performance of a singer. The song this lady was doing was Crazy Train. She had the usual stuff to say about Ozzy, but the real treat of the video was her facial reactions to Randy's fill-ins and solo. She was dumbfounded by his brilliance. It was most delightful to witness.
The whole video is worth watching, imo, but the funny faces start at 10:00. They're better if you watch the whole thing though. Check it:

The way she reacts and then replays and reacts 4-5 times on the solo is awesome. And then the way the runs at the end blow her mind. Randy is effin legendary.

Seen that. Love her take in Randy’s solo as “Brilliant.” Couldn't agree more.

Thanks for watching guys. Feels good to have the strength to be able to play and do the things I love. Still got a long way to go but thankful to be moving in the right direction.

In honor of the 40th anniversary of Randy Rhoads death. The first song he wrote with Ozzy and one of my favorite guitar solos.

RIP Randy. Your music lives on to inspire generations to come.

So good and also one of my favorite all-time Randy solos! Great job as always keep them coming🤘

she would lose her cookies if she heard the first rising force album

Back