16Ohm Captor X + Wizard 100W

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
in this picture of all of some of matt's amps, his preamp seems to be set to 1 oclock (6)
Can you tell where master is? Pics too grainy when I zoom in and I’m not familiar enough to know where the exact knobs are lol

i think it is next to the preamp like yours. But i remember looking at his. when i was there. And the only two we turned up more was his 50 watter, which had more headroom than the 100 watter(...go figure, lol.) and i turned up his 150 watt mtl to see just how far i could make his beer can jump accross the table, lmao

I am mortal now. I am still palm muting the same, but i no longer can stop a heart with one. It is going to take a while to get used to. I may have rick build me a 300 watt power amp just in case i feel like mass murder.

Looking to bump my 100W Wizard up to 7 on master volume and 7-9 on Preamp volume…am I about to blow something up?

I got the master up to 5 on Friday and every time I started playing, the fan would come on…assuming that is normal

Anyone else cranking 100W heads through their Captor X?

I have also emailed Rick at Wizard and will share his feedback here!

Thanks for getting in touch! Ross from Two notes here! The fan coming on is normal as it is used to dissipate the heat from our internal load. However, we would not advise running your amp too hot for extended periods as this does put some stress on the Captor X. In terms of your master, please be advised that the power output does not correlate to the dial numbering so you might be best notching this back a touch! Let us know if you have any more questions!

Thanks for getting in touch! Ross from Two notes here! The fan coming on is normal as it is used to dissipate the heat from our internal load. However, we would not advise running your amp too hot for extended periods as this does put some stress on the Captor X. In terms of your master, please be advised that the power output does not correlate to the dial numbering so you might be best notching this back a touch! Let us know if you have any more questions!
Thanks Ross! Much appreciated.

3 questions:

1. Can you quantify “extended periods”?

2.if the fan comes on as soon as I start playing, is that a good marker for needing to turn the volume down?

3. Any plans to release a new flagship reload model? If I remember correctly, that had a higher load handling capability?

Hi @Leveraged Sellout

Thanks for getting back to me. With the volume going into the Captor X, 2 or more hours of continuous playing would not be advised. The fan is coming on as there is some serious power coming into the unit, so we would advise tuning your amp down a little. In terms of future releases, we cant reveal too much but I will say we are always working on new developments here at Two notes HQ - so stay tuned! :)

Hi @Leveraged Sellout

Thanks for getting back to me. With the volume going into the Captor X, 2 or more hours of continuous playing would not be advised. The fan is coming on as there is some serious power coming into the unit, so we would advise tuning your amp down a little. In terms of future releases, we cant reveal too much but I will say we are always working on new developments here at Two notes HQ - so stay tuned! :)

Super helpful, thank you, one more question if you wouldn’t mind…

If I have a cab plugged in at the same time does that help alleviate any of the load for the captor X? Or it does not matter as the captor X gets hit with the signal first before sending back out to the cab?

Hi @Leveraged Sellout

Thanks for getting back to us. Sadly not as the signal hits the internal loadbox first. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

That’s everything I need, will look forward to the release of the new flagship reload unit.

Hopefully it handles closer to 200W for higher output handling as a lot of new amps are starting to push at least 150W…Diezel Herbert to name just one

No problem at all - we are happy to help! If there is anything further I can assist with, please dont hesitate to reach out!

Hey Ross, one more unrelated question…I just saw that Two Notes is running a promotion for €1,000 of free cab IRs if a Captor is purchased in May…any chance I could take advantage of this as I just purchased my captor a few days ago?

Hey Ross, one more unrelated question…I just saw that Two Notes is running a promotion for €1,000 of free cab IRs if a Captor is purchased in May…any chance I could take advantage of this as I just purchased my captor a few days ago?

Thanks for getting back to me. Please contact our Support Desk and send over your proof of purchase and we will certainly see what we can do!

> https://support.two-notes.com/

As ever, if there is anything else I can help you with, don't hesitate to let me know!

Back