2 rock songs on a Herbert

Nemomusic

Hi! I don`t know if this is the right place to do this kind of thing but i just felt like putting up two songs from my new record. The entire record was done on a Herbert with a 2x12 Bogner Cab. "Spiral" was recorded with a Gibson Les Paul Custom and a Parker Southern Nitefly and "She`s The One For Me" with a Fender Eric Johnson Strat and the above-mentioned Parker.

http://www.nemomusic.org/NEMO Productions/MEDIA - Gaias Flashlight Vol.1/Spiral.mp3

http://www.nemomusic.org/NEMO Productions/MEDIA - Gaias Flashlight Vol.1/Shes The One For Me.mp3

It`s a one mic set up with Nevaton large diaphragm condenser mic through a RME Fireface.

I sometimes get the feeling that people mainly think of Herbert as the ultimate high gain metal amp. I totally agree with this but i also think it beats everything i`ve tried when it comes to more vintage "dirty" tones and i`ve been through some amps now.....

Kind Regards: Nemo

Great songs, nice clean guitar work. Reminds me of "The Cars". I totally agree, the Herbert is a pop monster. I bought mine for the same reason. I'm not a midcut kinda guy, more old school rock, Queen, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy. The Herbert covers all ground with ease. I love the instant feel/response, great for country also.

Interesting question! What makes you think that?

I wouldn`t say very low volumes but with the sound i was looking for i was very picky about the dynamics and the way the amp responded to my playing. I wanted to be able to control the amount of gain/compression as much as possible with my technique which led me to turning down the master. The guitar arrangements are quite detailed so i felt that if the individual sounds were to fat they started messing with each other in the mix. I might have overdone it though. I`m satisfied with the way the guitars work in the overall mix but from another perspective i might have sacrificed the tone to much. I don`t know. Do you think their sounding dull, thin etc.?

Do you think their sounding dull, thin etc.?

I dig the tone, very unique. It's just that I've been tracking with Herbert a LOT & that's the way channel 2 sounds when it's not pushed with power amp section in my experience, because it gets very fat otherwise, it's more fat & full bodied than channel 3 actually.

My compliments to your sense of details! This is the first time i`m tracking with it and i`m totally overwhelmed by the way it can be tailored to respond to your playing through balancing preamp gain against power amp gain. I`ve never experienced anything like it.

i`m totally overwhelmed by the way it can be tailored to respond to your playing through balancing preamp gain against power amp gain. I`ve never experienced anything like it.

This is true for any high quality amp I've worked with, with Herbert it's more complicated because of the midcut. I've been tweaking this amp for a year now & I keep finding new combinations. I don't know how some people claim to have it all figured within a couple of weeks. I'm actually using Bogner OS 2x12 too now, I so dig this cabinet.

Nemomusic":3n7x5g4p said:
Hi! I don`t know if this is the right place to do this kind of thing but i just felt like putting up two songs from my new record. The entire record was done on a Herbert with a 2x12 Bogner Cab. "Spiral" was recorded with a Gibson Les Paul Custom and a Parker Southern Nitefly and "She`s The One For Me" with a Fender Eric Johnson Strat and the above-mentioned Parker.

http://www.nemomusic.org/NEMO Productions/MEDIA - Gaias Flashlight Vol.1/Spiral.mp3

http://www.nemomusic.org/NEMO Productions/MEDIA - Gaias Flashlight Vol.1/Shes The One For Me.mp3

It`s a one mic set up with Nevaton large diaphragm condenser mic through a RME Fireface.

I sometimes get the feeling that people mainly think of Herbert as the ultimate high gain metal amp. I totally agree with this but i also think it beats everything i`ve tried when it comes to more vintage "dirty" tones and i`ve been through some amps now.....

Kind Regards: Nemo

Very nice, keep up the great songs :thumbsup:

Back