2023 music year in review!!

RaceU4her

one of my favorite things to do every year is to see mine as well as everyone elses year in review of what we listened to. my shit kicks ass. Rome Streetz would have been #1 around but his album just came out

sjeDDXz.jpg

N2bROO6.png

this is my coveted #1 song of the year!! congrats uzi

Uz! i still bump xo tour life every now and then. i love the beat/production on that. its stupid easy fruity loops shit, but that doesn't take away from the vibe.

I don't track what I listen to.

For 2023, lots of Kiss, Holdsworth, Bach (organ works), DT/LTE, various prog, hair metal and classic rock bands...

and of course, Polyphia:

went to their live show here in September, was great and I had great spot:

IMG_0362.JPG

I don't use spotify, but the lion's share of my listening this year has been Metallica's first three albums, with Ride the Lightning in first place. Though, If I had other CD's for my car stereo things would probably be different.

I’ve done more listening to random new stuff this past year, just trying to give bands/artists a chance but it’s rare to find something that sticks and even rarer to find a full album that’s worthy. Anything new I do find is usually more like singer/songwriter stuff. It sucks but I almost never find anything new in metal and hard rock worth really listening to.

But my top artists this past year seems to have been:

1) Jason Isbell
2) Turnpike Troubadours
3) Chris Stapleton
4) Social Distortion
5) Rival Sons

1. Lynyrd Skynyrd
2. Pharmacist
3. Crowbar
4. Thin Lizzy
5. Nunslaughter

Fairly diverse lol
Nunslaughter is a blast from the past for me. Haven’t thought about those guys in a long time. Played a show with them in my old band maybe around 2000. They actually used some kind of Fender amps and had a pretty cool sound live.

I have Spotify but don't use it much.
I DO have over 250 of my CDs ripped and sitting on a microSD card.
That's how I usually listen

Guessing it looks mostly like this:

Pantera
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin
Killswitch Engage
Slipknot
Tree One Four

Here is Tree One Four - local band that does an awesome Pink Floyd meets Reggae

High on Fire
Psychotic Waltz
Crowbar
Son House
Kyuss
White Chapel
Spirit Caravan / The Obsessed
Forbidden
Government Mule
Operator Generator

Last edited:
I don't use spotify, but the lion's share of my listening this year has been Metallica's first three albums, with Ride the Lightning in first place. Though, If I had other CD's for my car stereo things would probably be different.
Why ride the lightning? I can talk Metallica forever

In no particular order:
DevilDriver
Under A Burning Body
Mastodon
Nightmare
Rain City Drive
Bad Wolves
WASP
Falling In Reverse
Ellie Goulding
Wishbone Ash
Steven Adler band

i can't remember mine and i can't find it now on my spotify thing...
it was mostly Gojira, megadeth, hypocrisy, children of bodom, Elton John, various rappers no one cares about, various k-pop artists no one cares about here, and my top song was....Brittney spears Until the World ends. :oops:

i should add that most of my spotify listening is when i'm working out, and i had that Spears song at the start of my main work out playlist. i start it with some goofy pop songs and that is the first one :ROFLMAO:

I don't have a way of tracking, but I'm sure the most listened doesn't change that much for me, tons of metal old and not quite as old. Children of Bodom, Symphony X, Nevermore, Municipal Waste, Metallica, Ratt, Pantera, Ensiferum, Testament, Dokken, Wintersun, Nile...the list goes forever.

Most excited about this year? The new Warmen album dropping, which channels some classic Bodom (Janne Wirman from Bodom on keyboard, and the addition of Petri Lindroos from Norther/Ensiferum on lead vocals).

Back