24 Fret Tele?

gman1951

I've been in the market for a 24 fret tele-style guitar for a few years now and have had little luck finding one. Besides the Suhr Andy Wood (have one) and Warmoth options, can anyone steer me towards a builder who can accommodate? I'd prefer shorter scale with modern body contours but, otherwise, traditional tele specs.

Mine!

Hit me up in a few years.

Good taste on the Suhr, I have one as well. Unfortunately I’m not building at the moment, but I’d like to think I’ll make a few more once I retire 🤘🏼

IMG_1496.jpeg

Tom Anderson makes shorties. Valley arts did some cool 7/8 size 24 fret 24.75 scale axes in the 80s. I think warmoth made the parts for them.

Also worth looking for a Hamer TLE from the 80s.

Here’s my full scale Suhr modern T. I modded it with a pickgaurd to have a single coil in the neck position. Guitar plays itself.
IMG_2253.jpeg

Tom Anderson makes shorties. Valley arts did some cool 7/8 size 24 fret 24.75 scale axes in the 80s. I think warmoth made the parts for them.

Also worth looking for a Hamer TLE from the 80s.

Here’s my full scale Suhr modern T. I modded it with a pickgaurd to have a single coil in the neck position. Guitar plays itself. View attachment 299415
Sweet guitar! I currently have an Andy Wood Modern T with SS but would prefer short scale. I did ask Anderson about building a short-scale, 24 fret tele and he declined. I have a Li'l Angel that's an absolutely incredible axe and has become my #1.

1711729133695.jpeg

Back