28 states

Yup, my home state became #28. The last time it went up for approval our previous governor vetoed it. Once Landry took office it just had to go back through the legislature. He said he would sign it once it made its way to his desk.

Yup, my home state became #28. The last time it went up for approval our previous governor vetoed it. Once Landry took office it just had to go back through the legislature. He said he would sign it once it made its way to his desk.
Welcome aboard brother. Living in a free state is nice ain’t it ?

Welcome aboard brother. Living in a free state is nice ain’t it ?

We had the ability to open carry and it was relatively easy to get a conceal carry permit. If you could legally own a firearm you could pretty much get the permit. The extra was a 1 day training class then some registration paperwork and $100 fee.

You have to pass a background check to legally purchase a firearm. I would logically think that would extend to it automatically being legal to conceal carry without having to have extra permission. So yeah, it's nice to not have to do the extra registration anymore and automatically be granted the rights.

This comes from the Sheriff of the Parish I live in and is the billboard I get to see every day on my way home.

1710172265481.png

I live in a state where lawmakers seem to think that a .38 is a laser cannon attached to a shark attached to an ICBM.
Yeah and 500 rounds and a rifle, pistol, shotgun that is pretty much a homestead necessity is an "Arsenal". Morons.

These people have no conception of reality. Never took a punch to the nose, never had to actually handle their own business. I guess they don't realize there are people out there sitting on a million rounds of ammunition and shoot a hundred thousand rounds every year.

I use to cast my own bullets. Still could but I hate lubesizing so it's been a few years. Go to tire shops and buy five gallon buckets of wheelweights, which makes a decent target round. I'd process the lead into ingots to clean it up. Propane camp stove and a couple cast iron pans. For a while I had a 100,000 projectiles in my reloading and lubesizing area. A literal ton of lead. Sounds like a lot but it's about 3 or 4 USPS flat rate boxes high by about 8 boxes long against the wall. I could ship 70lbs max in a flat rate box. "What are you shipping in these?" "Fishing sinkers" was always my response.

Yeah and 500 rounds and a rifle, pistol, shotgun that is pretty much a homestead necessity is an "Arsenal". Morons.

These people have no conception of reality. Never took a punch to the nose, never had to actually handle their own business. I guess they don't realize there are people out there sitting on a million rounds of ammunition and shoot a hundred thousand rounds every year.

I use to cast my own bullets. Still could but I hate lubesizing so it's been a few years. Go to tire shops and buy five gallon buckets of wheelweights, which makes a decent target round. I'd process the lead into ingots to clean it up. Propane camp stove and a couple cast iron pans. For a while I had a 100,000 projectiles in my reloading and lubesizing area. A literal ton of lead. Sounds like a lot but it's about 3 or 4 USPS flat rate boxes high by about 8 boxes long against the wall. I could ship 70lbs max in a flat rate box. "What are you shipping in these?" "Fishing sinkers" was always my response.

I dunno enough about all that to have an educated response. I just don't want to be told I'm not allowed to protect myself while they continue to make laws that increase crime. Can barely go into town by myself without being hassled by a homeless person, tweaker, or run of the mill creeper anymore. God forbid I have a problem with paying $XX,XXX in property taxes alone every year just to see things get worse while the politicians claim victory that crime is going down. It's only "going down" because they've made what used to be felonies into misdemeanors and tickets.

I dunno enough about all that to have an educated response. I just don't want to be told I'm not allowed to protect myself while they continue to make laws that increase crime. Can barely go into town by myself without being hassled by a homeless person, tweaker, or run of the mill creeper anymore. God forbid I have a problem with paying $XX,XXX in property taxes alone every year just to see things get worse while the politicians claim victory that crime is going down. It's only "going down" because they've made what used to be felonies into misdemeanors and tickets.
I always try to be kind to homeless people since I work red light districts. They have their own beat, and are aware of who the trouble is among them. If you are a regular and in the habit of handing out a few bucks to someone who seems deserving you will find these people understand where the meal ticket is and they handle the business for you when it comes to the dirtbags. A five or ten spot freely given has earned me unshakable loyalty from more than a couple people. Watching my truck, washing my truck, helping me with gear., watching my back during load out, getting discarded but still valid parking passes for cheap, even shining my boots. Keeping the a-holes away from the door/windows of the clubs while I play. Yeah I love 'em. Had great fortune like that in every city I gigged regularly.

adopt Constitutional Carry

I remember the one thing in my CC class that really stood out to me was not the actual gun use, although we did all have to get 80% into the target (IIRC). What I walked away mostly with was the notion (more like warning) of what NOT to do and how to stay on the legal side of an altercation. And that the people in authority may, or may not, see your side of things. Be careful out there.

*But to not have that option at all, must really suck. I'd move.

Reactions: rsm
Back