5150 III 50 watt headphone out clip

I see that you have the 50w and the 100 watt. Have you compared them side by side? Does the 50 sound smaller?

I haven't been able to directly compare, I just got the mini today.

The lead channels sound pretty much the same (in my head anyway). The clean channel seems to stay cleaner through the gain knobs sweep compared to the 100 watt.

The resonance control helps bring the beef, but I haven't played the mini loud enough yet to see how muddy high resonance setting make the tone.

The loudest I've had it has been about 9:00 on the master.

So far it sounds absolutely killer and in no way inferior or smaller than the big head...I'll be putting them side by side tomorrow evening. I have 2 identical Diezel cabs, so it will be a good comparison hopefully.

nwright":1be0zhhk said:
I haven't been able to directly compare, I just got the mini today.

The lead channels sound pretty much the same (in my head anyway). The clean channel seems to stay cleaner through the gain knobs sweep compared to the 100 watt.

The resonance control helps bring the beef, but I haven't played the mini loud enough yet to see how muddy high resonance setting make the tone.

The loudest I've had it has been about 9:00 on the master.

So far it sounds absolutely killer and in no way inferior or smaller than the big head...I'll be putting them side by side tomorrow evening. I have 2 identical Diezel cabs, so it will be a good comparison hopefully.
It would be great if you could make clips of the comparison :thumbsup:

Back