7 String Noob - Schecter Merrow vs ESP LTD Carpenter

Hipshot is just a hardtail. It’s a fine bridge but I’m not sure why SSO is gaga over it.

Evertune is definitely a thing. There are some vids out there to explain it.

Any opinions on a version 1 Schecter KM-7 vs. the new 2018 ESP LTD H-1007? Specs look pretty similar other than 26.5 and 25.5 scales.

Phil M":1cppgcne said:
Any opinions on a version 1 Schecter KM-7 vs. the new 2018 ESP LTD H-1007? Specs look pretty similar other than 26.5 and 25.5 scales.
Unfortunately no. Haven’t tried the LTD. I am not a fan of that headstock though so I’d be more keen on the MH1007.

cardinal":3606zu9w said:
Hipshot is just a hardtail. It’s a fine bridge but I’m not sure why SSO is gaga over it.

Evertune is definitely a thing. There are some vids out there to explain it.

I have started to prefer Hipshot style hardtails on my non-trem guitars.

I think it has a lot to do with it being low-profile. It is a lot like playing a trem, where the strings are closer to the body. The usual alternative, the Tune-o-Matic, has the strings much higher off the fretboard, and the neck usually has to be angled back as a result. This can really throw off you playing. I noticed this after a few years recently.

That being said, I am also fine with other low-profile bridges. I have been playing PRS trems more lately with the same effect/feeling.

Back