80's neon goodness....

Stealthtastic

Nabbed this super rare jem 777LNG in players condition. The trem and frets are in great condition!

18 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr

17 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr

16 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr

15 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr

12 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr

13 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr

11 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr

9 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr

8 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr

10 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr

7 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr

'https://flic.kr/p/yVz4US'
6 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr
14 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr

2 by Mehtab Bhogal, on Flickr

Are these rare nowadays? damn, i'm getting old...
Congrats on the awesome JEM! Funny how the fretboard looks super clean.

stanbog":1mtyem1e said:
Are these rare nowadays? damn, i'm getting old...
Congrats on the awesome JEM! Funny how the fretboard looks super clean.

I was wondering about that too, and the back of the neck looks really nice. Congrats on the guitar! I bet that thing could tell a few stories.

:thumbsup:

It is indeed quite odd. The fretboard and frets are in great condition but there's loads of buckle rash on the back. The fretboard looks fairly clean but if you look closely you can see dirt. I suspect the guitar had the frets leveled at some point because there are no divots on them. After 28 years it seems unavoidable to have SOME fretwear soooo..

:thumbsup: I always loved the over-the-top gaudiness of those guitars.

Never owned one, though. I always felt like if you played one of those, or any of the VH replicas, you better be able to rock out Vai and Eddie like you wrote the riffs. Sadly, I can't :LOL: :LOL:

IndyWS6":fkey7onu said:

Never owned one, though. I always felt like if you played one of those, or any of the VH replicas, you better be able to rock out Vai and Eddie like you wrote the riffs. Sadly, I can't :LOL: :LOL:

Interesting you say that, I'm born in 93 so never grew up around that kind of stuff. Even though it is a Vai signature guitar, I always associate jems and the Universe model with classic death metal bands from the 90s like Morbid Angel.

Stealthtastic":rpo04s02 said:
IndyWS6":rpo04s02 said:

Interesting you say that, I'm born in 93 so never grew up around that kind of stuff. Even though it is a Vai signature guitar, I always associate jems and the Universe model with classic death metal bands from the 90s like Morbid Angel.
Get off my lawn, kid :LOL: :LOL:

I have always wanted one of those. Nice score! Desert Rose was the other one I wanted back in the day.

Excuse my ignorance. Is this the first gen jem? It looks a lot like the one I saw when they first came out. I was blown away when I first saw/played one. The dissapearing pyramid inlyays are way cool.

rottingcorpse":29s5mmic said:
Excuse my ignorance. Is this the first gen jem? It looks a lot like the one I saw when they first came out. I was blown away when I first saw/played one. The dissapearing pyramid inlyays are way cool.

Yup! These ones have the thickest necks out of any jem as well. The neck on this is actually a bit fatter than my 92 MiA strat.

Oh yeah, nice one. I love those old Ibby's.

I have a greenie too!!!!!

Mine has one more string though. Ha ha.

Chris

Cool guitar. I wish that I had bought a player grade LNG when I had one rather than a dead mint example. I ended up never playing it because it was essentially a museum piece. This one you could thrash away on and not really worry about it...more my style.

rupe":1nko0ax8 said:
Cool guitar. I wish that I had bought a player grade LNG when I had one rather than a dead mint example. I ended up never playing it because it was essentially a museum piece. This one you could thrash away on and not really worry about it...more my style.

Yeah my first one was too minty to play. This one is pretty beat so I don't have to worry about anything.

Back