Aldrich mod effects loop

projectx102

Hey guys here's a question for you: I have a 2204 with the Aldrich mod,bass boost and tube buffered effects loop.Is the loop Mark uses on this line level? I can't get my Boss DD-3 to work right in the loop.It sounds very distorted,scratchy and whooshy on the repeats.Matter of fact the noise is louder than the repeats.The pedal works fine however in the front end of an amp.I need it in the loop for the heavily distorted stuff where it won't work nicely in the front.Do you think possibly the special cable(there are still plans online for it on Bogner's site) that Bogner made for the Shiva's old loop would work? There are send and return level controls on my amp but I've tried every position and the noise remains.

What tube did you put in ? is it still a lps ?

I put a few different types of preamp tubes in that loop , and i thought the only tube that worked PERFECT was the LPS... I used a dd2 in the loop of that amp and it was really nice...

dawnofdreamx97":poq4v5em said:
What tube did you put in ? is it still a lps ?
uuI put a few different types of preamp tubes in that loop , and i thought the only tube that worked PERFECT was the LPS... I used a dd2 in the loop of that amp and it was really nice...
I put a GT 12AX7R in it and no change.

It's got to be the pedal then because I tried the send and return levels from lowest to highest and it's the same.Maybe a bad chip or something.I have a Carbon Copy delay and a EH Mistress flanger in the loop and they work fine.I guess I got a bum deal on the DD-3.Shame because it's my favorite go-to delay pedal.

dawnofdreamx97":1od4x47h said:
Spoke w/ Mark he said that the loop is adjustable... you should able to dial it in for line or instrument level...
Nick,how did you power your DD-2 when you ran it in the loop?

Ok the update on this is it is not the pedal.The loop send is obviously too hot for the input of the DD-3.I built the Shiva ducking cable shown here:
ShivaPedalLevelCable1.gif

And now there is no distortion on the repeats,it's nice and clear and works as it should but the amp's volume is low now even with the loop send and return levels dimed.Maybe I should experiment with changing the 4.7k resistor with a higher value until the pedal works and the amp's volume is good ?

The ducking cable doesn't seem like it's going to be the answer it messes with the volume too much.There's no boost amp like in the Shiva.

huh, i never was happy with my DD3 in any loop?

i finally gave up and got a carbon copy.

but like you said, the DD3 was damned good in front?

never really thought about why, before this thread.

Yeah I kinda dig the CC but it always has sort of a modulation on the repeats even with the mod button off.Sometimes I just like nice cleans repeats with no high end roll-off.

i hear you on the clean repeats, that why i went with the DD3 starting out.

then i got it in my head that the problems i was having was digital itself, and switched to analog, never even thought to blaim it on just the DD3.

Back