Alnico Blue or Gold in a Shiva

fishyfishfish

Anyone try alnico speakers with a Shiva? I got a Pop/Alt/Country gig and would like to sort of "Vox" up my amp, closer to say a Z than a Black Face. Will this work or am I chasing my tail.

I've had incredible luck with the Golds. Probably one of my fave speakers for ALL types of music except the heavier stuff. They sound amazing man :yes:

sickwindsor":2qe606kz said:
Hope you don't like drop tuned chugging since those speakers no likey the loud shit!
Sounds like your best bet is the Bogner Goldfinger.
Yes indeed, this is why Danny Spitz from Anthrax uses the Alnico Golds for his folk-style of play :doh:

To the OP, the speakers are fantastic (alnico golds) in almost all applications. However, in the case of utilizing your Shiva to play the aforementioned music, it may be a bit difficult as the amp itself is voiced more for an aggressive tone. That said, go with the cleaner channel, lower gain, higher MV, and roll back the volume on your guitar and use the bridge pup for the twang and the neck pup for the buttery solos. This is all I can offer you. But if you still wanna throw down and get some AGs in your cab, you won't be displeased.

Mo

Back