Alright this is cool as shit: Soldano is bringing back the X88R Preamp

Looks like he just moved to Tennesse and now sells direct and doubled his prices.
giphy.gif

You'd need to match it up with a good power amp; 6L6 preferrably. But it would have to be a primo power amp to come close to the monster power section of the SLO.
Voila! I’ll say the SLO/Caswell pre is really nice. Midi controlled so I can program loads of sounds. The poweramp is a beast. Ive become more of a minimalist on changing sounds though and the older I get the more I like fewer choices. It makes life simple.

Attachments

• 75747F5E-AC40-4974-B3A5-33B20699FE6C.jpeg
    75747F5E-AC40-4974-B3A5-33B20699FE6C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
One dollar, Bob
I had attended a taping of an episode of the Price is Right with the math club from Cal State Fullerton and one of our buddies was lucky enough to get called up to be a contestant during the episode.

Bob asks him "How much would you say this set of EXPENSIVE top quality luggage would cost you?" and he replies "One dollar, Bob!!" and then Bob looks at our buddy and gives him the look :oops: and then gives him another even funnier look :doh:

It was freaking hilarious and the jokes would not end for years about that one 😂

From what I recall the OG preamp just didnt have the same Grunt or feel as the SLO head
Pretty darn close.Scarily darn close.With a lehle splitter,
I ran my x88r/ vht 2150 right beside my
Slo head w/ all the mods out to 2 German made diezel 4x12 cabs, and at times I thought the 88 had actually more thump and articulation than the head.
The fun factor goes to the 88 and I'll say its definitely more versatile...this has my attention..we shall see I guess.

i’m guessing in the $3k range minimum considering what the used ones have sold for:

View attachment 272487

heck, new fulltone TERC chorus units are going for $4k

https://store.fulltone.com/collections/custom-shop/products/that-80s-rack-chorus-terc
Rarity is driving those prices. The HR25 had people trying to sell them for 5K until the SLO30 dropped for 2.7K and the floor fell out from under them on the used market. I doubt there is any meaningful relationship between what randoms on reverb are asking for those old ones vs BAD’s target Price. I think it’d flop for $3K personally.

Considering they didn’t sound that great… 🤷‍♂️
Channel 2 was a terrible “crunch” channel and the lead channel wasn’t nearly as good as a head. Considering BAD tweaked the SLO for the better, I would be curious to hear what their version sounds like but this was never a pre that impressed me a whole lot.

I have a Mesa 50/50 that I was going to sell but could easily be persuaded by a fun preamp to keep it. Would ultimately like to find a reasonable deal on a Triaxis but they go for money now that’s just not worth it IMO.

I had attended a taping of an episode of the Price is Right with the math club from Cal State Fullerton and one of our buddies was lucky enough to get called up to be a contestant during the episode.

Bob asks him "How much would you say this set of EXPENSIVE top quality luggage would cost you?" and he replies "One dollar, Bob!!" and then Bob looks at our buddy and gives him the look :oops: and then gives him another even funnier look :doh:

It was freaking hilarious and the jokes would not end for years about that one 😂
You were in the math club?

NERD ALERT!

You were in the math club?

NERD ALERT!

Yes, and I was the president for 4 years 😂 but there were some perks that came with the position like a math club office where I could keep an amp and guitar to play on between classes and studying 😎

Now I am a professor of applied mathematics and an advisor for the math club at my college.

They think that I am the cool math professor with the long hair 😂

Back