Any reason not to get a kemper?

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":vqfetnho said:
I can say I feel a difference, I had been playing the same amp for over a decade pretty much faithfully. It does not react the same at all and I had a dude set it up that knows them in and out for me. BUT HAVING SAID THAT... I love it. Extremely convenient and sounds 98% there. I personally think the built in effects are EXCELLENT... and way more than I thought I'd get. I couldn't recommend it enough.

What amp? Just out of curiosity....

idnotbe":2zp4lsek said:
Kemper is not so similar to real amps.
especially, when Kemper through real cabinets, it is not.
and the feel under the fingers are different.

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":2zp4lsek said:
I can say I feel a difference, I had been playing the same amp for over a decade pretty much faithfully. It does not react the same at all and I had a dude set it up that knows them in and out for me. BUT HAVING SAID THAT... I love it. Extremely convenient and sounds 98% there. I personally think the built in effects are EXCELLENT... and way more than I thought I'd get. I couldn't recommend it enough.

Yep! :thumbsup:

Two guys local to me have a kemper, both the rack version. Both prefer the rack mount as they said the full powered rig had some issues they would like to avoid (didn't really ask what they were talking about) but they swear by a Kemper, and say they don't even notice a real difference and it responds like a tube amp. I haven't actually heard it in person though

I simply can't afford one :D

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":2dzy8w6z said:
I personally think the built in effects are EXCELLENT... and way more than I thought I'd get. I couldn't recommend it enough.
Same here, Bert. I won't even be using them (except for wah) 'cause I'll only be recording.

That reminds me: Anyone interested in an awesome collection of wah presets is welcome to download the collection I put together here:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index ... post313528

the rossness":2dzy8w6z said:
Thanks for the tip Matt. I just ordered the powered kemper toaster. Fingers crossed ;/
Woohoo! Congrats, man.

the rossness":1w8rm00l said:
jcj":1w8rm00l said:
Mattfig":1w8rm00l said:
Powered Toaster is where it's all at....Full LEDs on the EQ (Rack doesn't have LEDs), and power to run a cab....A 2x12 is all you need and you'll cut through something fierce....

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip Matt. I just ordered the powered kemper toaster. Fingers crossed ;/

YEAH !!!! GOOD MOVE SIR!

Mattfig":1x3h6mgf said:
When setup properly and dialed in (which is easy), the Kemper sounds and reacts just like a tube amp....Believe me, when I got it, I didn't want this to be the case...It just simply is...
This.

Get it. And if you don't like it PM me and I'll buy it from you :D

Mattfig":46725pnd said:
Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":46725pnd said:

What amp? Just out of curiosity....

VH4, there is some mojo in the power section that's not coming through when profiled or other bought/made profiles. I don't know how to describe it quite well... it's like a choking of the notes chords. closest I've found is the Will Putney Profiles and they're apparently boosted which I don't do. I got someone that is supposed to give me his "real" profiles so I won't count it out till then.

I went ahead and bought the kemper, and so far, I think it's awesome! of the stock profiles, I'm really digging the gundy brian setzer tone. I ordered a usb cable to get profiles off the righ exchange and have been trying to find what paid profiles I'll start getting. As much as I like high gain, i'm finding that the low gain profiles are really letting me experiment with different sounds and textures and i write differently with lower gain stuff. Just a thought.

the rossness":2ec0555y said:
I went ahead and bought the kemper, and so far, I think it's awesome! of the stock profiles, I'm really digging the gundy brian setzer tone. I ordered a usb cable to get profiles off the righ exchange and have been trying to find what paid profiles I'll start getting. As much as I like high gain, i'm finding that the low gain profiles are really letting me experiment with different sounds and textures and i write differently with lower gain stuff. Just a thought.

You won't regret it Ross!!!

the rossness":129znibd said:

Nice! :rock: Make sure to update the OS if it isn't up to date, they're always coming out with new fixes/updates/effects. The part I love the most about the Kemper is that there are always new profiles/profilers coming out, and no profile of one amp is the same. Just make sure to read up reviews on the forums or facebook groups before you buy the big $$$ packs, some Profilers/Profiles are kinda a waste of money. In my humble opinion, profiling an amp is an art form in itself, some folks can really do wonders with it like Sinmix, Top Jimi, TAF etc.. While other folks seem really lifeless.

scottosan":q2eqtv17 said:
Anything digital becomes antiquated and losses it's value if you plan to keep it for years

This 100%

I've seen people buy digital heads, floor, and rack gear since it first became a thing. It will always be superseded by the next best thing, and eventually become next to worthless resale wise. On the other hand a fine tube head (or combo) will hold value, and/or increase.

CrazyNutz":t6vusb9y said:
scottosan":t6vusb9y said:
Anything digital becomes antiquated and losses it's value if you plan to keep it for years

This 100%

I've seen people buy digital heads, floor, and rack gear since it first became a thing. It will always be superseded by the next best thing, and eventually become next to worthless resale wise. On the other hand a fine tube head (or combo) will hold value, and/or increase.
You want my vintage Blue Voodoo head? I might be will willing to part with it for a decent offer, say in the neighborhood of $1.5k. Remember Marty Friedman played these fine tube heads back in the day and they are not getting any less rare, they only sold like eight of them. :LOL: :LOL:

CrazyNutz":jg0ubjsj said:
scottosan":jg0ubjsj said:

This 100%

Last time I looked, 2290s and PCM Lexicon stuff were still commanding high prices.

... and if you have Profiles you love of amps you love for your Kemper, it'll never become redundant either, at least, no more than a perfectly-maintained tube amp will... IOW, never. :LOL: :LOL:

Monkey Man":2z9zva42 said:
... and if you have Profiles you love of amps you love for your Kemper, it'll never become redundant either, at least, no more than a perfectly-maintained tube amp will... IOW, never. :LOL: :LOL:

I reckon this is bang on. If you like it as soon as you plug it in (with the amps you want) then it will be like any gear.....you'll be in love for a while then get tied of seeing the same "girl" and the eye will wonder, just like with any tube amp, guitar etc but you will come back to it but also probably buy another amp or 2 :D

EvilBatman":1ro0zmgt said:
CrazyNutz":1ro0zmgt said:
scottosan":1ro0zmgt said:
Last time I looked, 2290s and PCM Lexicon stuff were still commanding high prices.

Of course there are a few exceptions, those are two legendary discreet pieces of gear.

I'm talking more on the lines of everything in one box guitar processors.

Back