Anyone had a Chandler guitar?

Matt300ZXT

This dude has had this USA metal series Chandler up forever. I don't care for the sticker on the headstock but that bright green body looks clean and simple with that Gotoh 1088 trem and single hum.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230601_201225_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230601_201225_Facebook.jpg
    973.3 KB · Views: 140
Chandler did good stuff, zero resale value but perfectly functional parts. If Chandler operated the same in the US as in Europe I guess they´re more or less partscasters, as opposed to custom guitars.

I've been seeing that a while. It's close to me and it looks like the price has dropped. Love the color and reverse headstock but I'd rather a Floyd and I really don't need another super strat.

Chandler parts were good stuff back in the day. Paul Chandler was based out of California originally. On par with Warmoth etc...

I think the only thing Paul does now is Pickguard Planet.
The tale of my Chandler partscaster guitar:
I have a friend that used to work with Paul Chandler when he was based in Burlingame, CA in the '80s - '90s. He scored a few guitar necks & bodies from Paul. I visited my friend's house, noticed that he had a Chandler 22 fret Strat neck with ebony fingerboard and a really nice Strat style body with a flame maple top with 3 single coil pickups. I really liked those guitar parts and I traded him a Sunn 2x15" bass cab and some cash for the neck & body. I had the body finished & purchased the gold Kahler Steeler tremolo bridge at Left Is Rite guitar shop in Hayward, CA in the early '90s which is no longer in business. I later come to find out that the Floyd Rose routing was done incorrectly with my gold Kahler Steeler tremolo bridge installed. I went through a different shop that screwed up my pickup/electronic installation and assembled the guitar. I did a lot of yelling/threatening not to pay to force that shop to fix their mistake. Assembling that guitar left a bad impression on dealing with guitar shops that think they can assemble a parts guitar. That guitar never could stay in tune properly until I changed out the body to another Strat style body that had the Floyd Rose bridge routing done correctly done by a another friend who was an expert carpenter/guitar luthier who passed away.

I ended up selling the flame maple top body with the bad Floyd Rose routing back to my friend who I got it from, but kept the Chandler birds eye maple/ebony neck. I installed the neck on 2 other bodies that sounded great, but ended up trading that guitar, a Fender Pro Jr. amp, and some cash to get a 2000 Fender American Deluxe Strat from Music Go Round in San Jose, CA. I should of kept the Chandler birds eye maple/ebony neck and the Kahler Steeler tremolo bridge, but I was being an ambitious guitar trader at the time. Someone in San Jose, CA has my Chandler neck & Kahler Steeler bridge now.

Last edited:
I've had a couple of bodies and necks. They're quality stuff. I agree with the assessment of Warmth like.

Wasn't this $450 yesterday? It's $540 today. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Maybe the seller saw this thread and got optimistic. LOL!

Wasn't this $450 yesterday? It's $540 today. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Maybe the seller saw this thread and got optimistic. LOL!
It's been $540, at least the last couple of days after he dropped it from $600 I think it was. Maybe you're just getting a lil dyslexic ;)

I'm in Chattanooga, whereabouts are you since you're local'ish to it too?

I have a custom with Chandler body; ESP neck
Hey! Very much a long shot but by any chance would you be willing to sell the body? I've been searching for quite some time. Not able to send private messages sorry. Also wicked Jackson in your profile pic!

I've had a couple of bodies and necks. They're quality stuff. I agree with the assessment of Warmth like.
Hey! Very much a long shot but by any chance would you be willing to sell a body if you've still got any? I've been searching for quite some time. Not able to send private messages sorry.

Hey! Very much a long shot but by any chance would you be willing to sell a body if you've still got any? I've been searching for quite some time. Not able to send private messages sorry.

I don't believe I have an Chandler bodies about now. I may have a neck, but I think all the spare bodies are other manufacturers.

I've got an old HSS Chandler parts Strat stashed away somewhere. It was a $150 boredom buy from a local shop 15 years ago, quality-wise I'd say it's above most MIM Strats I've played, but not as nice as an American.

Most of the Chandler labeled stuff was at least as good as US Fender mass production stuff, but that's not saying a whole lot anymore. I'm not completely sure, but I thought it was Ellsworth OEM.

Back