Anyone have old video of their band from high school?....

Meathead

A little embarrassed to be showing this, as I had only been playing guitar for a few years. :LOL: :LOL:
This was at the 'Battle Of The Bands' in 1987 at our high school...and we won! We called our drummer 'Animal' (as in the Muppet Show) That's him on no coffee.

...and warning!!! spandex alert!!! :D

My senior year. We were playing in Tijuana, Mexico. 5 minute walk from the border. We were opening up for Sanctuary and Death Angel. At 6:08 some guy comes up on stage and head butts me like 4 or 5 times. Hard! It was funny as shit. :LOL: :LOL:

This is the band I was in right after high school. We played for awhile and then I quit. I think this video was 3 years after I graduated. No blistering slow here, just some post hardcore action

And this is the product after we went to a small studio to record some tracks. Notice I was almost completely edited out after I quit lol.

Randy Van Sykes":3fzea62c said:
A little embarrassed to be showing this, as I had only been playing guitar for a few years. :LOL: :LOL:
This was at the 'Battle Of The Bands' in 1987 at our high school...and we won! We called our drummer 'Animal' (as in the Muppet Show) That's him on no coffee.

Nice! Is that Peavey Backstage Plus? :D

Mailman1971":3ou7ikl4 said:
Randy Van Sykes":3ou7ikl4 said:

Nice! Is that Peavey Backstage Plus? :D
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400...thing was loud...and stereo. :D

Drummer was wearing my shirt and I was wearing his girlfriends shirt. :LOL: :LOL:

Randy Van Sykes":nquq2c6i said:
blackba":nquq2c6i said:
I have one, its still on VHS. :)

Band's name was Phaucet (we are Phish fans) :LOL: :LOL:
You should back that up on computer. Tapes don't last.

I let my friend borrow the VHS tape a couple of days after the show in 1990. I thought it was lost forever. I just got it back a couple of years ago! We lost touch, I moved, I heard he died ect. Turns out he just almost died. Glad he's kind of a hoarder. :LOL: :LOL: Had it transferred to DVD last year. I knew the tape would give out sooner or later.

2004, I was 17. The intro is worth listening to but the song starts at :30, I'm on the right. And yes, I wrote the title

SHE WILL GIVE OFF HER LAST FECAL, SHITTING ON ALL THE PEOPLE!!! lol, the lyrics were satirical btw. We had songs called "Norse Cock", "Hungry, Hungry Hobos", "Black Metal Forest Trolls"

Just watched some of the others. Some are surprisingly good. hah, I'm a little embarrassed of my video now. It's the only Video I have but it was also one of only two songs we did without solos

Rezamatix":7iikwpzs said:
Here ya go, shredding hard, I solo so fast I can't even do that anymore. I used to jam!

singer = hot and sweet voice!

marshallmel":1d3hplxt said:
I wish it was still 1987.

*sigh*
Miss it myself a bit as well.
Music was fun, live bands were 'in'. I hung out with the rockers, the jocks, the stoners....and girls really loved musicians and long hair back then. :D

Randy Van Sykes":2ly2zv6s said:

Love the Ibanez! I had the same one around the same time. I saved for months to buy that thing. Was about $350 or so if I remember correctly. Wish I still had it.

BrokenFusion":134j3w8j said:
Randy Van Sykes":134j3w8j said:

Love the Ibanez! I had the same one around the same time. I saved for months to buy that thing. Was about $350 or so if I remember correctly. Wish I still had it.
Ya I loved that guitar at the time, was my first 'real' guitar...I saved forever as well. :LOL: :LOL:
The neck was unfinished on the back, it was really comfortable. It was wider and had a flatter radius than most necks at the time.
I'd grab another now if I saw it for sale.

Greazygeo":3rc5t6ce said:
We just barely had cable tv in when I was in high school…...
so....come on let's see a beta max video. :D

My favorite part of the video I posted was when it panned around and caught the audience....lots of old faces I remember. High School was fun...I didn't show up much though

bubbastain":36kg6pmo said:
My senior year. We were playing in Tijuana, Mexico. 5 minute walk from the border. We were opening up for Sanctuary and Death Angel. At 6:08 some guy comes up on stage and head butts me like 4 or 5 times. Hard! It was funny as shit. :LOL: :LOL:

I remember that name Dark Illusion, I'm from San Diego and I lived there at that time.

Loudness250":2paiigxa said:
bubbastain":2paiigxa said:

I remember that name Dark Illusion, I'm from San Diego and I lived there at that time.

Haha. Cool man. Ever been to Iguanas durning that time? It was THE place. Saw and played some killer shows there.

Back